Rams sign Brian Womac OLB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
hqdefault.jpg

Brian Womac fom Rice.
Edge rusher.

[m.youtube.com]

[draftscout.com]
Read comment at the bottom.

[www.google.com]

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rams signing ex-Rice LB Brian Womac
920x920.jpg

November 28, 2015: Rice Owls defensive end Brian Womac (44) shakes hands with the Pearland Little League World Series team, recognized during the Charlotte 49ers at Rice Owls game at Rice Stadium, Houston, Texas. (Photo by Ken Murray/ICON Sportswire) (Photo by Ken Murray/Icon Sportswire/Corbis via Getty Images)

The Los Angeles Rams plan to sign former Rice outside linebacker Brian Womac on Monday, according to a league source not authorized to speak publicly.

The deal is pending him passing a physical.

Womac is an All-Conference USA selection from Memorial High School.

He set a school record with 22 tackles for losses last season. He had 10 sacks.

https://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Rams-signing-ex-Rice-LB-Brian-Womac-12911466.php

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
At full 90 players....On the Roster as of this signing.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Rice University is one of may favorites institutions as they totally focus on the Student Athlete in a State (Texas) where football reigns supreme and they have renown Author and Historian Douglas Brinkley on staff. I'm anxious to see the program new Head Coach Mike Bloomgren puts together. Bloomgren came from Stanford and coached some great Offensive Linemen and I'm sure if he does well in Houston, will be on the short list at Palo Alto, if David Shaw every goes to the NFL or decides to move onto another Collegiate Program.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Seems to play a bit 'heavy/ponderous' to me, but he gets to the QB, so that could just be the general game speed of the highlights I've been able to find. He also looks like he could bulk up a bit to play in the NFL - I do however like his wrap tackling.

Psycho_X

Legend
Definitely has a quicker step than everyone he plays against but obviously he's played against lesser talent. Looks like he has good technique and bend to get around edge. See how he does against elite talent. Might be a nice get by Snead. He loves his UDFAs.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Seems to play a bit 'heavy/ponderous' to me, but he gets to the QB, so that could just be the general game speed of the highlights I've been able to find. He also looks like he could bulk up a bit to play in the NFL - I do however like his wrap tackling.

Maybe it was the vid you saw, I think part of the reason he had so many tackles for a loss is he is often faster than the guy assigned to him.

He sheds blocks pretty well and you are 100% correct his tackling form is excellent, he wraps up and takes a guy straight down on the spot.

Might be a nice get by Snead. He loves his UDFAs.

Oh yes he does..........and hopefully he found one the roster needs help at that spot.

A nice highlight video from his last two years in college.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Maybe it was the vid you saw, I think part of the reason he had so many tackles for a loss is he is often faster than the guy assigned to him.

He sheds blocks pretty well and you are 100% correct his tackling form is excellent, he wraps up and takes a guy straight down on the spot.

Oh yes he does..........and hopefully he found one the roster needs help at that spot.

A nice highlight video from his last two years in college.

Must have been the vid I saw the one you posted is a good one, I also like the way he sheds his blocks, lets see how he does against peter opposition .

Psycho_X

Legend
On second look watching some more video I love the way he tackles... with arms, hands, and pads while wrapping up fast and tight. And he sprints after the ball no matter where it's at. I like the way he plays, I hope it translates to the NFL and he sticks.

nighttrain

Legend
This ^ comment is very important!! JMHO
this kid cant catch a break, on his pro day
"Disappointing run times and weigh in. This young man lost 10 lbs and was suffering from the effects of the flu on pro day. He just cant catch a break. What terrible timing to get sick. It was hard to watch. But that is life. Dont expect anything good will be easy"
might be a real good find
train

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"This kid is a cant miss!! Future all pro in the making"

- Mr and Mrs Womac