Rams select Stetson Bennett (QB) with the 128th pick.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
As good as that draft was them missing on a backup QB is no big deal. But that said what irks me is that they seem to struggle with drafting certain positions on offense as it is. Plenty of misses on RB, WR, TE, OL already over McVay's tenure. So not too concerned by that one miss, as I get what they liked about him for that role, but hopefully they're analyzing why they seem to struggle in identifying fits for this offense.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'm not as concerned with the misses at WR, as it seems when they hit, they really fucking hit big. Both Kupp and now Puka look like first round talent taken in later rounds. Harder to complain when you have hits like that.

At TE, I think there is an emphasis issue in developing them given how addicted to 11 personnel McVay has become. It seems that Higs is sort of the binky he runs back to at that position, it's his path of least resistance.

OL is the one that bugs me the most, because Avila seems to be the only one they've really got a solid hit on so far. And although TuTu has redeemed himself somewhat, Creed still would have been nice. Imagine Avila lined up next to him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm not as concerned with the misses at WR, as it seems when they hit, they really fucking hit big. Both Kupp and now Puka look like first round talent taken in later rounds. Harder to complain when you have hits like that.

At TE, I think there is an emphasis issue in developing them given how addicted to 11 personnel McVay has become. It seems that Higs is sort of the binky he runs back to at that position, it's his path of least resistance.

OL is the one that bugs me the most, because Avila seems to be the only one they've really got a solid hit on so far. And although TuTu has redeemed himself somewhat, Creed still would have been nice. Imagine Avila lined up next to him.
This is true but once again both Kupp and Puka in skill set are underneath types not gamebreakers who will stretch the field. McVay has a type in terms of passing game weapons and he's done well at finding that type but not so well in finding speed to complement them.

Same deal with RB. And not only has he struggled to draft them but they've wasted time and allowed themselves to rely on guys who they should have realized quicker were not good enough.

TE is a bit more complicated, in that Kupp basically is a pass game TE in his strengths. But that said they've taken shots on guys and haven't been able to replace a mediocre TE in Higs. Nothing against Higs of course but let's be honest he's nothing special.