Rams Select Blake Corum RB 3rd round, pick #83

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
And Gibbs was a first rounder.
The argument is that you’re drafting another starting-level RB.
Remember.. Kyren’s been hurt.. and the Rams already had a 2nd round RB on the roster.
And KC had a first rounder on the roster.
I would say Kyren’s health is the biggest driver, here.
Lets face it, the Rams have not been lucky injury wise when it come to the RB room.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I like the pick, plus Kyren had some injuries last season so it's a good insurance policy, plus he seems to have a nose for the short yardage situations where the Rams struggled with in the past.
Correct, the short yardage situations we had issues with, here's hoping Blake can help us get Uber the hump and into the end zone and stop kicking these field goals LOL

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Best fit in the draft for us at RB. Mid 3rd round was consensus great value, could have gone in the 2nd. Getting a RB to spell Kyren was a massive need for us. Why are people complaining??
Agreed, there were other running backs like the Tennessee kid that have more home run potential but Blake fits far far better. Blake is exactly who this team needed, this kid will be plug n play on short yardage and third down situation.

WestCoastRam

Legend
They wanted a clone of Williams. In the past they wanted change of pace backs. But it seems like they view that as being less important now in the RB room build. They want a guy to run it exactly the way Williams does and keeping the offense on schedule seems to be the number 1 priority and not, say, home run threat.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It usually takes a full season for rbs to get back to what they were after a leg injury.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Does anybody have pass protection tape on Corum? Kyren was special in that regard coming out of Notre Dame, especially for his size.
Everything I’ve heard is very good.
Not only is he a willing blocker, but he’s good at it. (According to the talking heads)

Corum appears to be a guy that can step in immediately.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
I fully understand the pick: he’s as close to a KW clone as you could hope to find, and he can step in without missing a beat.

I would have gone elsewhere, but in McSnead we trust.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I fully understand the pick: he’s as close to a KW clone as you could hope to find, and he can step in without missing a beat.

I would have gone elsewhere, but in McSnead we trust.

Elsewhere as in a different RB? Because backup was clearly a huge need with how much we struggled when Kyren went down

dang

Legend
Doesn't excel at pass blocking or catching the ball.

The only reason we took him is because he was a position of need.
Read the tea leaves Ramily. Rams are going to ground and pound this year. They needed a certain type of RB1B (not RB2 or RB3) to make that happen. I was looking for Estime with the R3.99 pick but the Rams wanted a player with more wiggle. Lloyd may have worked but I believe they got their man.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Does anybody have pass protection tape on Corum? Kyren was special in that regard coming out of Notre Dame, especially for his size.
I've heard that he was excellent in pass protection in college, for what its worth.

WestCoastRam

Legend
No; elsewhere as in a cornerback or linebacker.

At that point of the draft, those were - in my uneducated opinion - our greatest needs.
I think the argument was at that point in the draft there wasn't much value at CB or LB. Both positions didn't have much depth after the top of the draft. And RB not much talent later before or after the 3rd.

But people can disagree.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
This offense was night and day with and without Kyren Williams.
This ^^. Did the Rams even win a game when KW was out?? I feel a LOT better about the RB situation now. The McVay offense absolutely depends on it.....

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
We are assuming backup, but....
Corum can carry a huge load. Be interesting to see who's getting the most carries once the season starts.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I think KW has earned #1 at the beginning of the season, but as the season progresses that could change. I think if both are healthy we will probably see something pretty close to an equal split as long as Corum can pass protect.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
I think KW has earned #1 at the beginning of the season, but as the season progresses that could change. I think if both are healthy we will probably see something pretty close to an equal split as long as Corum can pass protect.
I doubt that it’s an even split just based on the way that McVay has used previous rookies at RB before