Rams remaining Schedule discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
a couple of comments...

Saint game, big revenge game for the defense. I know they know they are better off without Fisher, but the D players like him and the Saints embarrassed Fisher, Williams asnd that defense. That will matter.

And as for the Eagles, they are playing well, but all but one of their games came down to final minute, two against winless 0-4 teams in Giants and Chargers. So they are a bit fragile yet, def front is pretty good, but the corners are spotty, and LT Peters is fragile at his age.

Plus I don't think they have played a great D outside of the Chiefs and they held them to 13 points before a last minute TD to get them within a TD.

So it's early yet, a lot could still change. Cowboys might get their act together, Skins could step up tonight and become the team to beat in the East. Just so early at this point.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I'm trying to be realistic and not break my own heart I have said it before to me 9-7 is realistic 10-6 is a dream anything more and we are a special team very special. The rest of our games are really a toss up it will not be easy every team has a story in our remains schedule even the ones we deem easy. Like the Giants should be a win but my is tough very tough def and a road game they are not Clevland. Arizona should be an easy win but they will be out for blood. Vikings also a tough match but Keenum will look for revenge and by that time Teddy could be back. Seahawks are not great but it will be tough for a young team to win there and I know we have done it before and should of won our first meeting but this is a different team meaning the Rams so we were successful with fisher against the Hawks but Carrol may have mcvays number who knows. The Titans there isn't much of a story so on sheer talent match ups it's also a toss up. Finally the niners well if this game has any importance to us at all that will be there Super Bowl and they will not be a push over at all they never are and the first match up wasn't a cake walk. Not to mention guys all sorts of variable like weather and of course turnovers. So I didn't do all teams but I think you get my points to me the rest of the schedule is a bit scarier and factoring in the stories situations and all possible variables who knows but at least we have a cushion of 5 wins already.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Lets talk about it

Here are the remaining games

Oct. 29th Bye Week
Nov. 5th @ Giants (W) Should be an easy win, Giants a mess. Jet Lag better not factor in!
Nov. 12th vs. Texans (W) This is a 50/50 But I think Wade will adjust just enough for win.
Nov. 19th @ Vikings (W) Can't see their Offense matching us, we pull out in second half.
Nov. 26th vs. Aints (L) (Brees & balanced O and new found Defense. Lose in shootout.
Dec. 03 @ Cards ( um WIN) No Palmer, No Chance. PERIOD!
Dec. 10 vs. Eagles (L) Eagles maybe best team in NFC after all said & done
Dec. 17th @ Sh!tHawks (W) Really think we could lose up their to be honest.
Dec. 24th @ Titans (W) Chance for a let down game. Their Offense might surprise us
Dec. 31th vs. Whiners (W) F that we close out on a win. Whiners may mail it in in SoCal

12-4 Rams

I think I got my homer goggles on. Texans & Sh!tHawks could easily be L's. Texans have an underrated team. Balanced Team imho.
Never easy going into Seattle and I think since I live in the NW I just can't stomach saying we lose.
And could the final game vs. the Whiners be bench our starters game????I pray to the football gods we don't do this. McVay should know better vs. our rivals.

Thoughts???

12-4 is what I said before the season, I just dont know what other 2 games they will lose.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'm not going to go through game by game, nor will I predict the Rams will run the table, but ... do any of those games on the schedule look unwinnable to you guys? None of them look unwinnable to me.

To be sure, we'll probably lay an egg here or there, as this is a young team that, while very good, still has a lot of room for improvement. But think about the last part of that sentence ... the Rams right now are 5-2, and really haven't played up to their full potential in any game. The Cardinals game was probably the best game played by the D, and the best by all three phases simultaneously ... but the offense wasn't playing as well as it has in other games (e.g., 49ers, Colts, Cowboys).

This team, as good as they have played in getting a 5-2 start, can play better ... significantly better. As someone suggested upthread, 10-6 might be our floor.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I really want that Minn game. Going for 2 last year instead of just kicking the extra point bit us in the ass.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I can't wait until the Eagles game! One of my best friends from college is an Eagles fan. We lived on the same freshman hall, and that year, we had Bulger and McNabb just left to play with the Redskins. I would talk shit (and continue to talk shit) regardless of our record, claiming that Marc Bulger is a Pro Bowl quarterback and just needs a line. Of course we draft Bradford the following season, and I have to admit that was in the Suh came at first.

Fast forward a few years, we went to the Rams-Eagles game in Philly, and after the Foles/Bradford trade, I immediately claim that Foles is a Pro Bowl quarterback and that Bradford sucks haha. Now it's all about Goff vs Wentz and who's going to take over the NFC.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Lets talk about it

Here are the remaining games

Oct. 29th Bye Week
Nov. 5th @ Giants (W) Should be an easy win, Giants a mess. Jet Lag better not factor in!
Nov. 12th vs. Texans (W) This is a 50/50 But I think Wade will adjust just enough for win.
Nov. 19th @ Vikings (W) Can't see their Offense matching us, we pull out in second half.
Nov. 26th vs. Aints (L) (Brees & balanced O and new found Defense. Lose in shootout.
Dec. 03 @ Cards ( um WIN) No Palmer, No Chance. PERIOD!
Dec. 10 vs. Eagles (L) Eagles maybe best team in NFC after all said & done
Dec. 17th @ Sh!tHawks (W) Really think we could lose up their to be honest.
Dec. 24th @ Titans (W) Chance for a let down game. Their Offense might surprise us
Dec. 31th vs. Whiners (W) F that we close out on a win. Whiners may mail it in in SoCal

12-4 Rams

I think I got my homer goggles on. Texans & Sh!tHawks could easily be L's. Texans have an underrated team. Balanced Team imho.
Never easy going into Seattle and I think since I live in the NW I just can't stomach saying we lose.
And could the final game vs. the Whiners be bench our starters game????I pray to the football gods we don't do this. McVay should know better vs. our rivals.

Thoughts???
12 - 4 is OK by me! But I had the Rams pegged at 13 - 3 coming into the Season. The Saints are looking better than I thought they would, But IF we are at 8-2 when they come to L.A. IDK, it will be a hell-of-a-Game!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Texans: Loss. Containing Watson is going to be our main focus. That dude has created some amazing plays out of chaos. I think they edge one out here in a close game.
This ^^ will be our 1st true HOME Game in our previous 5 games We can't Lose it, for the Home Fans sake!!(y)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The best Rams team I ever saw was the 2001 team...Yep, the team that lost the Super Bowl to the Patriots was better than the 1999 Rams (love both). I bring them up because that Ram's team competed against themselves with the goal of reaching Max Q. This 2017 version of the Rams goal should be to unleash the most explosive offense seen since GSOT, by striving for Max Q. Game plan opponents, sure...But it's execution of what WE want to do that matters more.....Offense, Defense, and Special teams....enforce your will......

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Week 14 vs Eagles.

"Who's #1- Goff or Wentz Bowl"

This game is going to be hyped no end by all the talking heads. Potential playoff implications. After all the back and forth on who should have been drafted first and who's better, Goff and Wentz get to square off against each other.

If there is any game the Rams sell out, this is the one, and it will have national attention. Could be moved to Sunday night ala "Flex Game".
Rams have to make sure they take care of business so they are relevant at that point.

Pretty sure PHI is for real. They'll be relevant then.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The best Rams team I ever saw was the 2001 team...Yep, the team that lost the Super Bowl to the Patriots was better than the 1999 Rams (love both). I bring them up because that Ram's team competed against themselves with the goal of reaching Max Q. This 2017 version of the Rams goal should be to unleash the most explosive offense seen since GSOT, by striving for Max Q. Game plan opponents, sure...But it's execution of what WE want to do that matters more.....Offense, Defense, and Special teams....enforce your will......
They'll be no "Max Q"... McVay's ego is nowhere near where Martz's was. I like that... keeps the players more leveled.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They'll be no "Max Q"... McVay's ego is nowhere near where Martz's was. I like that... keeps the players more leveled.
You can act that way on the field and not say it in the press like Martz did...

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You can act that way on the field and not say it in the press like Martz did...
I guess what I'm saying is that McVay doesn't seem anything like Martz.

Maybe in private, he's all ego... but I don't think so.

He strikes me as a very level-headed guy and I think that's great for this team... an NFL season has lots of highs and lows... trying to stay as level as you can makes sense to me.

Don't get over-confident... stay hungry... stay humble.

Just my $.02

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Wentz and the EEgles just lost their starting LT. That is going to adversely affect them. Where would the Rams be without Whitworth? Would probably be a one or two game difference.

Who replaces Peters and how good will he be? Wentz has already been sacked way more than Goff.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wentz and the EEgles just lost their starting LT. That is going to adversely affect them. Where would the Rams be without Whitworth? Would probably be a one or two game difference.

Who replaces Peters and how good will he be? Wentz has already been sacked way more than Goff.
Yes, and Wentz seems to think he's a half-back when running. He will not last long in the NFL if he keeps doing that....

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Chickens.jpg
This is fun to look at with the remaining games for our bigger rival. SEACHICKENS MUST LOSE SOME OF THESES PUNCHING BAG GAMES!

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
ITS GOING TO BE A GREAT SECON HALF OF THE SEASON....JUST GOING TO SOAK IT ALL IN. Also really like hearing how McVay has this team holding it self to a higher standard. So refreshing. Today on NFL Network on Elliott Harrison's "NFL Power Rankings" Has Eagles 1 and Rams #2!!!!!!!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm a homer, sue me, but I think we can win them all!!!! Of course, right now, I just want to go to NY and beat the brakes off of the Giants. I see a lot of revenge games from previous years left on our schedule. (Giants, Vikings, Saints, Seahawks) Of course, we all are making predictions without figuring in injuries to any of these teams. If the Rams slip up, it'll probably be against the Eagles, Texans, or Titans. I like to think we win 9 more games, one at a time.:cheers:

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Seattle's schedule is insanely favorable for them. They rarely lose at home and their only tough road games are @JAX and @DAL, which obviously we know are winnable games.

Like most others, I think these are our toughest remaining games:

@MIN
@SEA
@TEN

BUT, these games:

HOU
NO
PHI

Are against what looks like some good teams. And our two let downs have come at home against teams that appear to be in the same tier as these teams - so that's 6 tough games, 7 if you count the Giants.

I'm not sure winning the division is feasible with Seattle's schedule - I just want to make the playoffs, whatever it takes.

Sadly I agree.The Seahawks have an easier schedule and are already tied or ahead of us by beating us. Do we really 100% think we can go up to Seattle in the rain and beat them in their house? With as damn lucky as they get with ref calls and Wilson lobbing up throws on the run?
We're going to the playoffs this year that's for sure. I really really really think it's important to win the division and get at least 1 home game. But losing to the Seahawks 3 weeks ago in Los Angeles .... seems to have destroyed that dream.

We can say stuff like "Seahawks Oline is terrible" and "they have no running game" and "Wilson can't keep getting so lucky." But the truth is we've been saying that, and they keep winning. :( It doesn't sit well with me. I hate the Seahawks more than any NFL team.