Rams-Ravens practice Report From Baltimore Sun

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-rail-training-camp-20180806-story.html

Ravens training camp highlights: Offense struggles in two-minute drill vs. Rams
Edward LeeContact ReporterThe Baltimore Sun
No points under pressure

One of the final portions of the Ravens’ joint practice with the Los Angeles Rams on Monday pitted their offense against the Rams defense in a two-minute situation. In three possessions, the offense emerged with zero points. The opening series, with quarterback Joe Flacco under center, was the most promising, as the unit drove to Los Angeles’ 40-yard line. But on third down, Flacco overthrew a deep pass along the right sideline to wide receiver Chris Moore, and kicker Justin Tucker’s field-goal attempt from 58 yards missed wide left. The Ravens’ ensuing drives, led by rookie Lamar Jackson and Robert Griffin III,did not get close to crossing midfield.

Surrendering sacks
The Ravens have to continue to address their pass protection. Rookie outside linebacker Justin Lawler blew past rookie tight end Nick Keizer for a would-be sack of Jackson and got by right tackle Andrew Donnal for what another would-be sack of Jackson, and defensive tackle Tanzel Smart tagged Flacco. Worse, the Rams got to the quarterback without Aaron Donald,one of the best defensive tackles in the NFL, who is holding out from camp because of a contract dispute.

Show of hands
Los Angeles’ defense tipped, batted and slapped away a number of passes. Cornerbacks Nickell Robey-Coleman and Troy Hill, rookie strong safety Nate Holley and inside linebacker Ramik Wilson each broke up attempts, and free safety Marqui Christiangot his hands on two throws. The Rams also tipped back-to-back passes from Jackson at the line of scrimmage.

Name that tune
Monday’s playlist included Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers’“Makin’ Some Noise,” Thin Lizzy’s “The Boys Are Back in Town,” Wolfmother’s “Joker and the Thief” and Deep Purple’s “Highway Star.”

Overheard at practice, Part 1
“Coach Harbaugh, gunner alert!” Rams special teams coordinator John Fassel said to Ravens coach John Harbaugh, who was engrossed in a conversation with Rams defensive coordinator Wade Phillips inside the left sideline as both sides lined up for the punt-coverage portion of practice.

Overheard at practice, Part 2
Father to daughter: “You didn’t listen. That’s sunblock, not lip balm.”

Daughter to father: “It’s sunblock for your lip.”

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thx for the help getting that to work merlin

Someone explain to my why my link doesn't work and Merlin's does.

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
got by right tackle Andrew Donnal for what another would-be sack of Jackson

is this former rams donnal? if it is he's still in the same form he showed at the rams.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
One and the same. Quite different from a few years ago, when the Rams cut someone they were out of football for good. Now Rams cut get snapped up by other teams. Snead got a 6th rounder out of GRob. Proves how hard up some teams are for OL.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
And still the Seattle OL wanes.... mwahahahahaha

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I'm giving the W to the Baltimore journalists for getting their story up first.

Ram65

Legend
Good to hear the Rams defense gave them troubles.

What no offense. Next practice?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thx for the help getting that to work merlin

Someone explain to my why my link doesn't work and Merlin's does.
Hard to say. I’ve seen it happen several times before - including some of the links I’ve posted in the past. I would say it was maybe a browser issue that when you copied the link it left something out or ???? Really don’t know.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
It was to me. I'm a Neanderthal when it comes to computers. :burp:

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
It was to me. I'm a Neanderthal when it comes to computers. :burp:

Nah @bubbaramfan, I've seen much worse than what you're labeling yourself as.

Although the last time you were seen at your computer desk does have me a little concerned.

"Grrrrr, I can't get this link to work." "I need to get Rams information on ROD ughhh!"

depositphotos_13980421-stock-illustration-cartoon-caveman-computer.jpg

debok.jpg

Last edited:

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
That's it? Thought it would be a little more in depth than that