Rams PK injured, Set Record For 2 Pt Conversions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
With Rams PK Greg Zuerlin going on IR, I got to thinking about another Rams PK going down. Oct 15, 2000, Rams PK Jeff Wilkens was injured early in the game, (trying to make a tackle on the kickoff) and was out the rest of the game. The Rams were forced to either go for it on fourth down, which they converted 3 of 4, and go for the two point conversion, wich they did making 5 two point conversions wich then set a record for a game.

I remember watching this game and it has to be one of my favorite GSOT games. Falcons returned the opening KO for a TD, and Tony Horne answered with a 103 yd return on the ensueing KO. Not even one min into the game and already 14 pts put up by both teams. Faulk was unstoppable getting almost 300 combined yds,

My reason for posting is I've been trying to find the game on the internet so I can watch it but have been unable. Can one of you internet guru's help?

Her's some stats from that game (Profootball reference)

Rams win 45-29

Kurt Warner 24 of 40 for 313yds, 3 TD's, 1 int
Marshall Faulk 25 carries for 206yds, 7 rec for 78 yds and 1 TD

Please someone post a link!

with

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
You give me an idea, and please tell me if this seems too much, but how about from here on out, the rams only do 2 pt conversions, always go for it on 4th down once in fg range, and on kickoffs....every player gets their chance at a kick. Too cocky?

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Strangely wofldogg, the Rams did exactly that in that Falcon game. Keith Lyle, a defensive lineman completed a pas to London Fletche,r a Middle Linebacker for a 2 point conversion.

See why I want to watch this game again?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
With Rams PK Greg Zuerlin going on IR, I got to thinking about another Rams PK going down. Oct 15, 2000, Rams PK Jeff Wilkens was injured early in the game, (trying to make a tackle on the kickoff) and was out the rest of the game. The Rams were forced to either go for it on fourth down, which they converted 3 of 4, and go for the two point conversion, wich they did making 5 two point conversions wich then set a record for a game.

I remember watching this game and it has to be one of my favorite GSOT games. Falcons returned the opening KO for a TD, and Tony Horne answered with a 103 yd return on the ensueing KO. Not even one min into the game and already 14 pts put up by both teams. Faulk was unstoppable getting almost 300 combined yds,

My reason for posting is I've been trying to find the game on the internet so I can watch it but have been unable. Can one of you internet guru's help?

Her's some stats from that game (Profootball reference)

Rams win 45-29

Kurt Warner 24 of 40 for 313yds, 3 TD's, 1 int
Marshall Faulk 25 carries for 206yds, 7 rec for 78 yds and 1 TD

Please someone post a link!

with
I would like to see clips from this game too, if anyone has them!!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I remember that Falcons game. End of the first half. 4th down in FG position. They have to go for it without a kicker. TD to Hakim. That was something.

But for this game I'd rather see what the new kid can do. If they're under 50 yards early in the game I think they gotta kick it on 4th down. If he misses a couple in the 40-50 range I think they gotta start looking for another kicker. If he nails them then they have their kicker.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Strangely wofldogg, the Rams did exactly that in that Falcon game. Keith Lyle, a defensive lineman completed a pas to London Fletche,r a Middle Linebacker for a 2 point conversion.

See why I want to watch this game again?
Lyle was a safety.