Rams' pass rush is finally a strength of the team

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Think I'm gonna have to get a #8 jersey for my guy Verse :D
That was a good call,better than 70’s jersey like I thought you wanted.
IMO The Rams really made out & to add A New Number 55 on the other side of the ball as well might add up to Grant Miller fighting for the backup Center Spot.#50 is going to have a BIG say in that!!

The combo of #0 & #8 should really be GREAT for the next 3years!! B. Young is going to EXPAND his game playing more on the Weakside than as a pure DE/Olb.He is going to have more FREEDOM,plus his skill set playing the Pass.

Verse is all ready bringing that LEADERSHIP & ENERGY!! He pushes everyone to be better.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I also really like how M. Hoecht is able to take on a Leadership role with The 2nd UNIT!! He has ALWAYS had a High Motor.

Then you can see Bobby Brown taking on a Big Daddy type of role with Kobe Turner really keeping the energy up.

IMO - Shula is going to go back to more of a WADE PHILLIPS type of style by rotating players.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I know we lost possibly the GOAT in Donald, but I actually believe the pass rush can be better this season with the additions of Verse and Fisk and the improved secondary.

jap

Legend
I know we lost possibly the GOAT in Donald, but I actually believe the pass rush can be better this season with the additions of Verse and Fisk and the improved secondary.
Well, the thing is: once this young front seven gels, who are you gonna block? AD99 moved around at times to confuse the OL blocking, but he was only one guy. Now you have pass rushers coming from everywhere, and they all have to be accounted for!

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Then you can see Bobby Brown taking on a Big Daddy type of role
Big_Daddy,_circa_1983.jpg

He looks like he's in great shape.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
View attachment 66148
He looks like he's in great shape.
Bobby Brown has game.This guy can’t throw down like Puka & Bobby Brown.Your talking about a 4 year NFL player who is still only 23.

You FREAKING kidding me? Just because he is The longest Ram starting on the D’LINE doesn’t mean he is some OLD DUDE wearing diapers.You can go change old Daddy’s drawers

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Bobby Brown has game.This guy can’t throw down like Puka & Bobby Brown.Your talking about a 4 year NFL player who is still only 23.

You FREAKING kidding me? Just because he is The longest Ram starting on the D’LINE doesn’t mean he is some OLD DUDE wearing diapers.You can go change old Daddy’s drawers
Christopher Reeve Reaction GIF

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Seems early, lol.

National pundits seem to be giving a lot of weight to Raheem leaving as a reason to think the defense will take a step back. I'm a big Raheem fan, but idk.

I think he learned the D McVay wanted to run.. and grew it. But I do think that McVay is much more involved in the D than given credit for. This season.. they have a ton of continuity on the O, so maybe he'll be able to spend even more time with Shula and the D. And Shula is already a veteran coach on this team.

On top of all that, they added a significant amount of talent to the defense.. to a unit that, imo, significantly overperformed last year. Secondary should be MUCH better.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Turner's underrated in the media, well most of them. So if Fiske can just be a solid starter the interior looks somewhere from solid to good. At that point you're talking how much can Brown and maybe Davis add overall.

Still think Young's the key. If he can show improvement this year there's a chance he and Verse can be a solid edge pair.

So trying to keep myself grounded on these guys but there's a voice in my head telling me crazy shit. :laugh3:

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
IMO, the Rams have the talent to be good, possibly really good.

But did anyone see "America's Game Rams 2021"? It showed how much the leadership and voice of AD made a difference.

In the NFCCG when Kittle scored to push the lead to 17-7, AShawn Robinson told AD to address the defense. That what he says matters and they needed to hear his voice. AD made that speech about "It's gotta mean something to you" and the whiners never threatened to score the rest of that game.

I love that video because AD says he hates the whiners with a passion.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO, the Rams have the talent to be good, possibly really good.

But did anyone see "America's Game Rams 2021"? It showed how much the leadership and voice of AD made a difference.

In the NFCCG when Kittle scored to push the lead to 17-7, AShawn Robinson told AD to address the defense. That what he says matters and they needed to hear his voice. AD made that speech about "It's gotta mean something to you" and the whiners never threatened to score the rest of that game.

I love that video because AD says he hates the whiners with a passion.

best speech ever. and because he didn't do it often the other players were tuned into his passion. when AD tells you it's gotta mean something to you then you better follow suit and the d did that. great thinking by ashwan.