Rams NT Bobby Brown III excited to rush the passer more in 2024

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ROD-BOT

News Feeder

Rams NT Bobby Brown III excited to rush the passer more in 2024​

Bobby Brown III is the biggest defender on the Rams’ roster. At 6-foot-4 and 324 pounds, Brown has the size NFL teams look for in a nose tackle.

In the last three years, he’s primarily been a two-down player who contributes as a run stopper. That’s an obvious role for him, and one he also held in college at Texas A&M. Given his size, the position he plays and the presence of Aaron Donald, he’s had limited opportunities to rush the passer.

That could change in 2024 now that Donald is retired and Kobie Turner could be moving to defensive tackle after playing a bunch of nose tackle last season. It’ll open the door for Brown to play more on third down and get after the quarterback, which he’s excited about – especially being in a contract year.

“I’ve been more of a run-stuff guy since I got to college, even though I had five sacks my last year,” Brown told Stu Jackson of TheRams.com. “Once I got here, I haven’t played a third down to rush the passer. So now it’s just a whole different world, being able to play my game going to a different world I haven’t played in awhile, but it’s fun.”

In his first two seasons with the Rams, Brown had no sacks in 19 total games. He had just one tackle for a loss and no hits on the quarterback. He improved significantly last season with 31 tackles, a half-sack and four tackles for a loss in 13 games. His PFF grade shot up to 72.0 last season after he had a grade of just 62.8 in 2022, recording 14 total stops after posting just three in his first two years.

With a clear path to playing time next to Turner and possibly Braden Fiske, Brown should continue to get better in his fourth NFL season.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Brown looks HUGE in the recent videos I’ve seen, and his attitude reminds me of SJD. We could have a nice rotation with him, Turner and Fiske.

sloramfan

Starter
that's funny because i thought of him as kind of a miss...

didn't know he never got in on passing downs...

but in todays nfl, any down is a passing down, so ya he'll probably get more chances wit AD gone....

but you gotta show up ..

go rams

slo

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
that's funny because i thought of him as kind of a miss...

didn't know he never got in on passing downs...

but in todays nfl, any down is a passing down, so ya he'll probably get more chances wit AD gone....

but you gotta show up ..

go rams

slo

That’s pretty much BS !!

All good though,imo your sort of right in the sense that he was pretty much BUTT HURT!!

What I will say is he is Super Athletic & young.Add hungry & wants to prove himself as The Man!!! Knows it’s PAYDAY & will punch his time card everyday to
Get to be a FREE AGENT!!

2 years ago he got busted for PEDS ? Not that anyone really noticed & some how his rookie year a final OTA’s to Training camp didn’t seem the same guy and had a little injury early.

BubbaRam is not a Fan of his,and even thinking he was on the bubble.I heard 2 Poscast dummies who put on headsets & just 3 weeks ago say he was on the bubble as well.

I saw him when he was going to miss the first 2 games. & learned to play through injuries knowing that.He had a play running a QB(running QB) out of bounds chasing him at 330 lbs.

He looks like he lost 15 lbs 310 & fast.He is playing a long side Kobie Turner & not sure if it’s Fiske,Young, & Verse in that group ?

What I will say is if he is flushing QB’s out of the pocket & chasing them out of bounds while trying to get out of bounds on 3rd downs.
Who gives a Flying FBird about a sack ? Well Purdy does need to be taken down

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Brown needs to work on buiding his stamina. He gets gassed way to early in games. 3 consecutive plays and he has to sit down. He's not in because he's gassed.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Even though Bobby Brown is entering his 4th season, he will not turn 24 until August.

By comparison, both second-year studs Byron Young (26) and Kobie Turner (25) are older.

I like Brown as a one-to-two-down run-stuffer; and he is the only experienced DL with real size ... 310 or more. Hoping he continues to improve.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That might mean he's giving 100% each play which is not too shabby. We'll see if they get his playing weight down and try to get his stamina up.
His weight you can totally tell is down & his confidence is up.I like the way he is working with Kobie Turner right now getting after it.

BubbaRam is a Hater which is ok ? He can disappear ,but IMO he was in Hendersons dog house ?

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yea SoRam, he's in my doghouse til he can contribute more.

I'll be watching at TC.

Ram65

Legend
In another thread, I stated that Bobby Brown will greatly impact the defensive line this year. When he came back from injury last year the D line showed improvement. He is coming into his prime. I see a high amount of players rotating in and out. It is hard to believe how much playing time the Rams gave AD. Let's see how this all works out.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm not interesting in putting any more faith in BB. But it sure would be nice to see him kick some ass with those new additions and win a big role in this front.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Nothing wrong with a two down defensive linemen who can occupy blocker and keep our MLB clean.

Another offseason non-story.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm not interesting in putting any more faith in BB. But it sure would be nice to see him kick some ass with those new additions and win a big role in this front.
Just shows what you know about a player. You don’t need to go to a Baptist church in Texas to have Faith in Bobby Brown.
—Dude is going to get PAID next season.We’ll see what you be saying after the 2024 season.There will be crow to be served.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Just shows what you know about a player. You don’t need to go to a Baptist church in Texas to have Faith in Bobby Brown.
—Dude is going to get PAID next season.We’ll see what you be saying after the 2024 season.There will be crow to be served.
Hope you're right. Doubt it though. But keep throwin shit at the wall some of it will stick.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hope you're right. Doubt it though. But keep throwin shit at the wall some of it will stick.
Dude you don’t even know his mind set.You’ll see,it’s right there in front of you.
—I guess I’ll ask why he isn’t going to be good ? I can tell you a lot of reasons he will have a BREAKOUT season.
If you calling Bobby Brown a TURD that’s a Big Piece of it.IMO he will be part of this Rams Front that he will be a LEADER of it.
—also this might be a big piece of TURD throwing .

Will Bobby Brown be a TEAM CAPTAIN ? We know Ernest Jones will be,but from the Defensive Line in 2024 BOBBY
Brown is already LEADING THE DEFENSE !!

Of course those Young DAWGS are HUNGRY !!!
Here’s some more BIG TURD THROWING !! What name is The Rams DEFENSE or DEFENSIVE LINE going to be Nicknamed ? It’s a thought now,but like I’m going to continue to say is BOBBY BROWN is going to get PAID !!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Brown needs to work on buiding his stamina. He gets gassed way to early in games. 3 consecutive plays and he has to sit down. He's not in because he's gassed.
BubbaRam , I’m not sure that is it ?
Then again how a player does come into training camp & his mindset is huge.

I’ve been disappointed in his play basically since he has been a Ram.During training camps I’ve gone around different parts of camp.My GF followed me 1 day & got worn out.She liked it better when we brought a couple friends while I ran around.

I can tell you his skill level is there & if it is stamina seeing him chase Perkins out of bounds his 2nd season was impressive.He doesn’t bring it down to down like we saw Kobie Turner & doesn’t have that burner when turning the Edge.
He does have that athletic skill level though to get after it.
—So good call