Rams, NFL and St. Louis settle

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Glad this is behind us too and I wish the Gateway City all the very best! Great people, great restaurants and just an extraordinary time, when I was fortunate to be a guest in the Loo.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Glad this is behind us too and I wish the Gateway City all the very best! Great people, great restaurants and just an extraordinary time, when I was fortunate to be a guest in the Loo.
Same, always had fun when we traveled there nothing but the best for them.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Many fond memories of St. Louis games…saw ED in’84 live for the first time and the Greatest Show when I thought the roof would come off.

My wife taunting Browns, Bears and 49er fans!

All the best!

Psycho_X

Legend
I was personally kind of wanting to see some of the owners be forced to show behind the scenes financials, emails, etc as it wouldn't hurt for a few of them to have their feet in the fire for all to see. But we knew they wouldn't let that happen because I'm sure there's a lot for them to hide there so settlement was all but expected. Hope the Lou puts that money to good use.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Sooooo

finding nemo fish GIF

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Hopefully there's sufficient protections on what the local government entities do with the settlement proceeds.

Future Headline: Dozens of government officials relocate to the Bahamas! Millions in settlement proceeds "missing"!

Waves of taxpayer and citizens' lawsuits incoming?

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
I'm happy for STL. Hopefully this saves a fanbase in the future from dealing with shady negotiation tactics the NFL put on full display. Time to move on.

Ric Flair

Rookie
Name
Spanky
Another thought……..

I still don’t think St. Louis will ever come close to getting another team but if they did………..

The expansion fee for the Texans in 2002 was $700 million. Surely that will be well over a billion for the next round. So, the NFL pays out 750 to St. Louis, then collects much more than that to put a team back in that market. If the city spends that money on a stadium, then the league just made an investment with a guaranteed return.

WOoOoooOO

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
A really favorable local judge forced a settlement that will benefit some lawyers..

I'm sure the cost will be shared by the league with Kroenke since the fraud with the Carson proposal, and exhalting a plan with public funds without a public vote helped make all this happen, and that would be the fault of Spanos and his friends on the relocation subcommittee.

Either way it's good to have this in the rear view mirror and much respect to all the great Ram fans in St Louis

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Many fond memories of St. Louis games…saw ED in’84 live for the first time and the Greatest Show when I thought the roof would come off.

My wife taunting Browns, Bears and 49er fans!

All the best!

:thumbsup1:

That game v the whiners in 1999 was just the best ... the astonished faces in the crowd filled with joy - the end of the same old Rams ...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's good. That chapter of Rams history is closed. Now FREAKIN' BEAT THE NINERS!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Another thought……..

I still don’t think St. Louis will ever come close to getting another team but if they did………..

The expansion fee for the Texans in 2002 was $700 million. Surely that will be well over a billion for the next round. So, the NFL pays out 750 to St. Louis, then collects much more than that to put a team back in that market. If the city spends that money on a stadium, then the league just made an investment with a guaranteed return.

WOoOoooOO
The league revenue has tripled since 2002 and team values have risen at least as much. I don't know that an expansion fee will triple but it should be close. The least valuable franchises are around $2.25 billion.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I became a fan when we were in the Lou so will always have a affinity to that city (despite the geographical distance ) stayed a fan when they lived to LA because I became a rams fan …. All the best to the city of at Louis