Rams News Recap: May 9

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
A Look at the Rams’ Latest Draft Picks –PD
Strengths: A solid athlete with quick feet and flexible hips, Joyner started at safety as a sophomore and junior and shifted to cornerback last fall as the Seminoles changed defenses. Highly competitive, with good vision and ball skills.

Rams Notes: Joyner Brings “Honey Badger” Qualities to Rams –PD
NFL scouts are among many who have made the comparison, and Lamarcus Joyner has heard them. Joyner, drafted Friday by the Rams with the ninth pick of the second round, plays the nickel and free safety positions, isn’t a blazer and is undersized, but plays with a lot of passion and with good instinct.

Burwell: Nothing Flashy, but Rams Make Right Moves
By the time he came down from the Rams Park war room Friday evening at the end of the second grueling night of his long NFL draft weekend, the stylish silk tie Jeff Fisher wore Thursday was gone, but the wry smile that curled under his bushy mustache was still there.

After Taking FSU Nickel Back, Rams Draft Mizzou Nemesis –PD
After nine defensive backs found homes in Round 1 of the NFL draft, the Rams were in no mood to wait around Friday night.

Rams Sit Still to Add Quality –Wagoner
For the past two years under coach Jeff Fisher and general manager Les Snead, the St. Louis Rams have undergone a complete reconstruction of a roster that was one of the worst in the league.

Fisher-Snead Rams Draft Day 2 Press Conference –Video

Rams 3rd Round Pick RB Tre Mason ESPN Interview –Video

Rams 2nd Rounder DB Lamarcus Joyner – Conference Call Transcript

Rams Pick RB Tre Mason in 3rd –Wagoner
This is the first pick the Rams have made that caught me off guard. I thought the Rams might grab a receiver or quarterback if they were going to add at the skill positions, but didn’t expect any running back to be the choice this early.

Twitter Reaction to the Rams Pick of Tre Mason

Rams Pick Lamarcus Joyner in 2nd –Wagoner
The St. Louis Rams gave up a fifth-round pick to move up three spots from No. 44 to No. 41 to draft Joyner. In the interest of full disclosure, I believed this was possibly the best possible pick the Rams could make amongst all the defensive backs in this draft.

Jeff Fisher & Les Snead Press Conference Transcript

Rams OT Greg Robinson – Conference Call Transcript

Rams 1s Round Pick Aaron Donald – Conference Call Transcript

Draft nuggets: Rams had Martin rated No. 2 at OT behind Robinson –PD
Turns out there was no such thing as a Greg Robinson vs. Jake Matthews “debate” at Rams Park.

Bernie: Rams Go Big on Day 1 of Draft –Video

Exploring Rams’ Day 2 Possibilities –Wagoner

Greg Robinson: ‘Whatever I can do to help out, I look forward to it’ –Radio Interview

Aaron Donald : ‘I’m ready to go to work and show what I can do’ –Radio Interview

Scouting 13th Pick Aaron Donald –Wagoner
The St. Louis Rams might have caught some by surprise when they chose Pittsburgh defensive tackle Aaron Donald with the 13th pick in Thursday night’s first round of the NFL draft.

Rams Nearly Doubled Down on O-Line –Wagoner
Much has been made of St. Louis Rams coach Jeff Fisher’s history of passing on offensive linemen in the first round as a head coach.

Gordon’s Tipsheet: Experts Love Rams’ Picks
Day 1 of the NFL Draft was pretty dull out at Rams Park. Jeff Fisher and Les Snead did not trade out of their No. 2 overall pick to collect additional picks. They did not trade up or down from No. 13 overall.

Rams Get a B+ for Greg Robinson Pick –Video

Todd McShay On Aaron Donald To The Rams –Video

Rams Draft Day 1 Press Conference –Video