Rams News Recap: May 25

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Top 5 Reasons Michael Sam Makes the Rams Roster
Now that he has made his sexual orientation public – which has nothing to do with football, and we have seen who his boyfriend is and the fact 31 other teams in the NFL were fearful of drafting him except for his hometown St. Louis Rams, can we now talk about Michael Sam the football player?

Kevin Demoff Talks OTA’s and Hard Knocks –Radio Interview

Rams Among Teams Who Could Make Some Noise In 2014 –TST
Too early to make predictions? Well, you’re right… But it’s Sunday morning, and you need something to read other than the long “Honey-Do” list waiting for you…

Bernie: 10 Reasons Why Bradford Remains the Ram’s Best Option at QB
Remaining firm through two seasons, three drafts, and considerable skepticism, Rams coach Jeff Fisher and GM Les Snead are resolute in their support of quarterback Sam Bradford.

Searching for Gems in Rams’ Rookie Class –Wagoner
The majority of the heavy lifting in the rebuild of the St. Louis Rams roster is over. At least that’s how coach Jeff Fisher and general manager Les Snead look at the project.

Jeff Gordon’s Rams Chat Highlights: May 23

Which Teams Will End Their Playoff Drought –Video

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Morning Ram-blings: Looking at L.A.

By Nick Wagoner | ESPN.com

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/8729/morning-ram-blings-looking-at-l-a

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- It's no secret that football fans in Los Angeles are eagerly anticipating the return of an NFL team to the City of Angels. The rumors have been popping up for years and the St. Louis Rams have often been mentioned as a likely possibility.

The Rams, of course, would be returning to Los Angeles after moving to St. Louis in 1995. But the hottest rumors and speculation of late have centered on the Buffalo Bills. The Bills are set for an impending change of ownership and are in dire need of a new stadium. By connecting dots, the fans of Buffalo have had the Los Angeles storm cloud hanging over them for the past few months.

Any move wouldn't be possible right away but there's an out upcoming in the Bills' current stadium lease which could leave an opening. Either way, according to Tim Graham of the Buffalo News, that move or any move by any NFL team doesn't appear to be happening.

In Graham's lengthy piece above, he puts together many possible reasons why the Bills or any other team would have major trouble getting into the Los Angeles market at this point in time. Perhaps most interesting is this quote from Los Angeles City Councilman Bernard Parks to Graham:

“I’ve finally, personally come to a conclusion,” Parks said. “I have to resign myself to the fact the NFL is not coming."

That, of course, guarantees nothing long term and it certainly won't keep the Los Angeles rumors from popping up in the mean time. In my opinion, it's hard to imagine that Los Angeles will sit forever without a team but, as the article points out, there are a lot of mitigating factors at play.

And until those hurdles are cleared, it's fair to wonder not only when but if professional football will return to Los Angeles.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A look at Rams' stories appearing on ESPN.com over the weekend. ... On Saturday, we looked back at Friday's chat in which we covered a variety of Rams-related topics. ... On Sunday, we delved into some of the pending training camp battles that should begin forming in the next few weeks and some potential hidden gems who could be in the mix.

Elsewhere:

John Saunders discusses the need for open dialogue in sports.

Cary Chow and Mark Schlereth discuss the state of the NFC West division after the draft.

If you haven't already, I strongly suggest reading this piece on former San Diego State star Adam Muema from ESPN's Kevin Van Valkenburg.

At stltoday.com, columnist Bernie Miklasz offers 10 reasons why the Rams remain committed to quarterback Sam Bradford.

Rams coach Jeff Fisher will host his third annual charity softball game on June 8.

fearsomefour

Legend
Bernie writing about Bradford....it must be a day that ends in Y.
To me Bradford is a solid second tier started right now with tons of potential to be a top tier starter.
It always comes back to the same question to me. Who would replace him and be an upgrade......
Crickets.