Rams need to let go of the past and cut WR Brian Quick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Do you want Brian Quick on the roster in 2016?

• Total voters

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Rams need to let go of the past and cut WR Brian Quick
227364_0b1ad9ef11b14d8c82c20f2ceb5d418a~mv2.jpg

http://www.downtownrams.com/single-...ams-to-let-go-of-the-past-and-cut-Brian-Quick

August 1, 2016 | By: Jake Ellenbogen

This offseason the Los Angeles Rams are going to learn a valuable lesson, you have to let go of the past.

Back in 2012 the Rams took wide receiver Brian Quick no. 33 overall in the NFL draft. Since then he has yet to accomplish 1,000 yards in his career. It's been four years and sooner or later the Rams will have to let him go right?

This is the year it's it (or at least it should be it). Quick needs to be let go in favor of four undrafted free agents that are promising to say the least and two 2016 NFL draft picks -- Pharoh Cooper and Mike Thomas.

Quick didn't have the quarterback play to really set himself up for a strong illustrious career by any means. Although it probably didn't help when the Rams released Austin Davis who seemed to be the only one to get Quick out of his shell.

The Rams made three bold cuts in the form of Rams all-time tackle leader James Laurinaitis, former no. 2 overall pick in 2008 -- Chris Long and former eight million per-year player Jared Cook. Quick should be no exception. He hasn't lived up to the draft selection and its hurt the Rams. It's time to give others a try since Quick has been given chance after chance. For all the Quick supporters out there Nathan Jahnke of Pro Football Focus has a stat that you need to see via his twitter.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
1. Those 3 guys were under contract & not coming off an injury like Briam Quick.

2.Thise 3 guys got cut because of there killer cap space contracts already into there contract years.

3. Brian Quick was in his contract year & The Rams made out cheap in a way of a possibly ascending player.

4. Brian Quick is a cap friendly WR , who has the size & athletic ability to make those tough Red Zone catches.

---My question to you would be did you see Brian Quicks last game in as a Ram ?? (Not like you say,his last game ever)
He went up to make a catch & just about broke his neck. Case laid him out to dry.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
1. Those 3 guys were under contract & not coming off an injury like Briam Quick.

2.Thise 3 guys got cut because of there killer cap space contracts already into there contract years.

3. Brian Quick was in his contract year & The Rams made out cheap in a way of a possibly ascending player.

4. Brian Quick is a cap friendly WR , who has the size & athletic ability to make those tough Red Zone catches.

---My question to you would be did you see Brian Quicks last game in as a Ram ?? (Not like you say,his last game ever)
He went up to make a catch & just about broke his neck. Case laid him out to dry.
He hasn't even racked up 1,000 yards for his entire career, I did see the game he didn't catch a touchdown its not a big deal, those 3 guys have had more production in every way over Brian Quick.

Dude look, I get you like Brian Quick hell I still kinda like him too. The fact of the matter is the Rams are getting better as a team and can't keep waiting for him to finally become good. He's 27 which is the same age as Kenny Britt. Umm when is he going to start actually producing? Why does he get a free pass? He is 27!!! He's not old, but we are talking about a guy who is a slow learner and its because he is tall and can go up and make a red zone catch we ignore that?

You apparently haven't seen Marquez North, Nelson Spruce, Duke Williams, Austin Hill, Paul McRoberts or David Richards...They all are tall and can go up and catch the ball, its time people start realizing Quick is just not that good and his time in the NFL is running out.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I also have to add , have you seen a practice this season ?? Your info is of
an illusion . Going into practice the other day I was under the impression Brian Quick was totally on the bubble.

The Rams are a young team. Brian Quick is a veteran that they need in the locker room. He is not going anywhere .

--.Brian Quick was a beast the other day.That was only one practice though
I think he can be a match up problem for some teams.He will be good on 3rd downs.
--It is a clean slate for Brian Quick.He has a new WR coach that could make a world of difference on the development for him.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
I also have to add , have you seen a practice this season ?? Your info is of
an illusion . Going into practice the other day I was under the impression Brian Quick was totally on the bubble.

The Rams are a young team. Brian Quick is a veteran that they need in the locker room. He is not going anywhere .

--.Brian Quick was a beast the other day.That was only one practice though
I think he can be a match up problem for some teams.He will be good on 3rd downs.
--It is a clean slate for Brian Quick.He has a new WR coach that could make a world of difference on the development for him.
No, I live in upstate NY.... However I don't need to see a practice to realize this is Quick's mantra every season. He looks great early in camp and can never replicate it on the field in regular season. Britt is the veteran they have in the locker room. There is your issue "clean slate" why does he get a clean slate? Isaiah Pead didn't get a clean slate and he was injured and a 2nd round pick just like Quick. Here's the deal Quick is going to get outplayed in preseason by a hungry UDFA or two and thats it if Snisher is smart they let Quick go and move on.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He hasn't even racked up 1,000 yards for his entire career, I did see the game he didn't catch a touchdown its not a big deal, those 3 guys have had more production in every way over Brian Quick.

Dude look, I get you like Brian Quick hell I still kinda like him too. The fact of the matter is the Rams are getting better as a team and can't keep waiting for him to finally become good. He's 27 which is the same age as Kenny Britt. Umm when is he going to start actually producing? Why does he get a free pass? He is 27!!! He's not old, but we are talking about a guy who is a slow learner and its because he is tall and can go up and make a red zone catch we ignore that?

You apparently haven't seen Marquez North, Nelson Spruce, Duke Williams, Austin Hill, Paul McRoberts or David Richards...They all are tall and can go up and catch the ball, its time people start realizing Quick is just not that good and his time in the NFL is running out.

As a RB I'd agree 27 is old,as a WR he is coming into his prime. It's not that I'm a Brian Quick fan. I liked A. Jefferies or the hype of S.Hill coming out(49ers took A J Jenkin in first rd).

T Y Hilton was a sleeper, but not a good draft for WR's. The Rams needed one bad.Maybe Brian Quick is just a practice player , because he sure looked good.

Quick also runs tight patterns on his outs.He is a tough guard for a CB. He looks really strong & confident.His mind is right, if your questions his learning ability ? That is why him being a veteran can actually help player coming into the league.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

If quick shows he is one of the best 6 wrs on the team of course he should stay on the team. He has the potential to be a beast out there. Don't care if it took him 5 years to get there.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
No, I live in upstate NY.... However I don't need to see a practice to realize this is Quick's mantra every season. He looks great early in camp and can never replicate it on the field in regular season. Britt is the veteran they have in the locker room. There is your issue "clean slate" why does he get a clean slate? Isaiah Pead didn't get a clean slate and he was injured and a 2nd round pick just like Quick. Here's the deal Quick is going to get outplayed in preseason by a hungry UDFA or two and thats it if Snisher is smart they let Quick go and move on.

Didn't Pead get hurt again last season before being released ??

Kenny Britt disappears at the end of the game.He losses focus. He is not as tough as Brian Quick in the Red Zone.

-- You maybe right ?? My take is that The Rams are beating the defense early. I saw quick catch at least 4 balls out of 5 . He still almost made a play.

-- Yes Duke Williams,Nelson Spruce look good & play special teams.I get they are young and have ability.

Free pass ??
1. How many times has Brian Quick been suspended ??

2. How many players have ever comeback from the injury Brian Quick had ? I don' think you understand the work he had to put in just to play football again.That is not free.

3.Why did The Rams resign Brian Quick ? He was free to walk unlike JL55,Jared Cook,& Chris Long. (There are your veterans).
Those 3 guys don't matter , because they produced ?? If there production was that good they would still be in Horns !!!

If The Rams cut Brian Quick tomorrow I have no problem with it(actually I would after watching practice).

Those names you name ??? Who are they ??? I mean did give Stedman's jersey away.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

If quick shows he is one of the best 6 wrs on the team of course he should stay on the team. He has the potential to be a beast out there. Don't care if it took him 5 years to get there.

Agreed !!!

53 best players !!!

Looks like Case Keenum likes him. Now do you start Goff,just because Case has never been named a starting QB out of OTA's ?

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame

Well said kurtfaulk..... YOU KEEP THE BEST 6 WR's on the 2016 roster... I'm a huge Duke fan but if he's not one of the best 6, I will not shed a tear if they say bye to him...

Now I will say there is a sometimes almost a tie when it comes to grading camp and preseasons for pass catchers... meaning if WR's 4, 5, 6 & 7 are so close in camp/preseason production combined with projection of their ceiling for the coming season, this makes for some very excruciating tough decisions..

As we all know this is where Special Teams can be the straw the breaks the camel's back... As of today this is not an easy prediction to just assume how the coaches rank these guys 4-7 or 5-8... I really wish they could keep 7 but that will never happen with 53 man rosters.

Special Teams will likely be..............
idioms-with-animals-ii-51-638.jpg

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You let Quick compete..But you cut his @ss if there is a rookie even close to him on the bubble. There was a short period where he seemed to finally get it, and then the almost career ending injury. You don't let a promising rookie leave because a guy has a few years of futility that makes him a veteran.....

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quick to me as always that been that chick in the bar.

you know that absolute worldie that 11 outta ten ... dances up a storm on the dance floor and looks as hot as hell doing it ....you manage to nab it take it home and every guy in the place is a little jealous then you go to bed and she is a damp squib in the sack ....just utter dissapointment

hopefullt this is his year but i recall many a rams fan saying that but i agree with @LoyalRam if any rookie/UDFA is even close to him then buh bye quick

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
You let Quick compete..But you cut his @ss if there is a rookie even close to him on the bubble. There was a short period where he seemed to finally get it, and then the almost career ending injury. You don't let a promising rookie leave because a guy has a few years of futility that makes him a veteran.....
This has literally been my mindset since we started OTAs

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Well said kurtfaulk..... YOU KEEP THE BEST 6 WR's on the 2016 roster... I'm a huge Duke fan but if he's not one of the best 6, I will not shed a tear if they say bye to him...

Now I will say there is a sometimes almost a tie when it comes to grading camp and preseasons for pass catchers... meaning if WR's 4, 5, 6 & 7 are so close in camp/preseason production combined with projection of their ceiling for the coming season, this makes for some very excruciating tough decisions..

As we all know this is where Special Teams can be the straw the breaks the camel's back... As of today this is not an easy prediction to just assume how the coaches rank these guys 4-7 or 5-8... I really wish they could keep 7 but that will never happen with 53 man rosters.

Special Teams will likely be..............
idioms-with-animals-ii-51-638.jpg

Add my voice to these guys. May the best man win. I'd rather we went with Austin, Britt and a bunch of rookies but if Quick beats one of them out then congrats to him.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He couldn't make any other teams roster . I've seen enough

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the Rams liked his size and his raw athletic ability. Clearly, coming from Appalachian State, there was going to be a learning curve, then the injury, and the fight back to the field that followed. I agree that if there are other WRs in camp that perform better than Quick, maybe it is time to move on, and I trust the guys that have to make that decision. However, I can say that I haven't seen enough of our draft class and the UDFA that we brought in to come to a conclusion, and I doubt anyone else on this board has seen enough as well. Unless, of course, they have been attending the one week of camp where they have only been in pads for two or three days.

I like Quick, and I am pulling for him.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Right now he has good chemistry with Case Keenum & Jared Goff.

--Mike Thomas is a guy that you keep in stead of Quick.Same for Copper.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Right now he has good chemistry with Case Keenum & Jared Goff.

--Mike Thomas is a guy that you keep in stead of Quick.Same for Copper.
That might be true, but lets see him do it in at least a Pre Season game (same for them)....Quick has always been a tease to me, and that only goes so far before it gets old...It was old to me the year he got injured.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Let's hope this thread is bumped repeatedly this season and for years to come in mocking fashion.