Rams move up to No. 4 in USA TODAY power rankings ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yea well McVay made the change many felt needed to happen this off-season. With a full season of Akers + Stafford and DJax we should absolutely finish top 10 this year. Good chance for top 5 IMO.

Even with a slight regression on defense which is expected, we should still be a better team overall. Hecker should have a bounce back season too as he was uncharacteristically bad last year, and Matt Gay has stabilized the kicking game.

One or two impact players from the draft that can immediately contribute should allow us to contend for the SB.

defintaly - this Mcvay/O’Connell should really take off. I see of other players on the roster that will help not mentioned as well.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think whether we are 1st, 4th or 8th in power rankings it really means Rams will be in the playoffs and at that point anything can happen. Remember when the Giants won the Superbowl they just made it in by a hair and went onto win it all.

momentum is a real thing.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Oh boy. Man do I feel smart and loved. But here comes the embarrassing truth. I ain't that other "Deadpool". And wouldn't dare to take the name from any forum I frequent.

He sounds great. If he comes here I will do the respectful thing and I will give up my number (username) to him.

I am obviously not worthy. Now I hope he comes over. I can easily do Deadpool2. :biggrin:

Sorry friends.

Go Rams!

Oops! I guess I’ve managed to embarrass both of us in one post, man.

Really sorry. It’s such an unusual handle that I just assumed...

You know...

Deadpool

UDFA
Oops! I guess I’ve managed to embarrass both of us in one post, man.

Really sorry. It’s such an unusual handle that I just assumed...

You know...
No worries my brother.

It is unusual. And a great movie. :)

I still hope the "real" Deadpool comes over.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
#4?
Man, I hope this Stafford guy is good!

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
And Now for those of you looking to Lower your IQ for a few minutes
ROD Proudly Presents.....

1618007502718.png

Conner Orr and Pete Prisco !!!:explode:

Post-Free Agency Power Rankings: Browns Jump to No. 4, Saints Fall to No. 14
CONOR ORRMAR 23, 2021
1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
It’s difficult to move the defending Super Bowl champions out of the top spot when all they’ve done is artfully retain or extend their best players, as well as their entire coaching staff. This is the difference between Tampa Bay and some other recent champions (see: Eagles) who managed to extend their core of young talent well into the future. They simply didn’t have the right coaching staff in place to make it work.

Also, watch for the Buccaneers to nibble throughout the second and third waves of free agency as more veteran star-studded talent decide Tampa Bay is the perfect breeding ground for a late-career championship run, or fertile ground to relaunch their career elsewhere. Tampa may not repeat, but the Bucs will maintain their relevance throughout the offseason.

2. Kansas City Chiefs
Assuming Laurent Duvernay-Tardif comes back, Kansas City will have one of the more formidable offensive line interiors in the sport, with Tardif, Kyle Long and Joe Thuney in the fold. Is this a deep enough tackle class for them to organically find a Mitchell Schwartz or Eric Fisher replacement in the draft? Could one or both of them come back once they’ve explored their individual markets? The Chiefs are also reportedly in on some veteran pass-rushing help, which could help make them a more complete unit heading into next year as (again) the presumptive AFC favorites to reach other Super Bowl.

3. Green Bay Packers
Retaining Aaron Jones was a nice surprise. The Packers will bring back one of their core playmakers and have also pivoted on defense to new coordinator Joe Barry. Full disclosure, had they managed to pry Jim Leonard from Wisconsin, I would have debated putting them No. 2 on this list. That’s how well thought of the former long-time NFL safety is. Otherwise, the Packers have been quiet. This is when they typically make their move, though, with plenty of veteran contributors built for this kind of team still lingering on the periphery. It would be surprising if, after layering the roster with some foundational pieces for Matt LaFleur’s offense over the past two drafts, Aaron Rodgers did not get an upgrade via the draft as well.

4. Cleveland Browns
Hear me out: John Johnson was one of the best safeties in football, and Band-Aids one of the Browns’ biggest weaknesses in 2020. Factor in the reintroduction of 2020 second-round pick Grant Delpit, and you have a potentially devastating secondary to pair with an offense humming along at peak efficiency. Whether or not Odell Beckham returns to form (or returns to the Browns at all) it feels like this version of the Browns is uniquely posited to take the division and fully realize its potential. There is simply too much talent on both sides of the ball, especially at cornerstones like defensive back, pass rusher and pass blocker, to ignore this team coming into the year.

5. Buffalo Bills
I don’t think the Bills are done this offseason, even if free agency has been a little underwhelming thus far. To this point, through the absurdity of the head coaching interview process, they managed to retain their star coordinators, and adding Emmanuel Sanders gives them another experienced option for Josh Allen. I think they will look to make a deep run before coming to terms with the fact that, if Allen continues to play at this level, he will make in excess of $40 million per year.

6. Pittsburgh Steelers
One question we aren’t asking ourselves about JuJu Smith-Schuster’s decision to remain in Pittsburgh for less money is what that says about his confidence in Ben Roethlisberger. Many of us looked at Roethlisberger last year as a limited player and depreciating asset, and yet, Smith-Schuster chose to play with him over Lamar Jackson (and more cash). We know all signs point to Pittsburgh drafting another great pass-rushing linebacker in the first round this year, regenerating a defense that lost Bud Dupree to the Titans this offseason.

7. Baltimore Ravens
The rest of the NFL seems to have colluded to prevent Lamar Jackson from getting a second stellar wide receiver to open up this offense, but at some point Eric DeCosta and John Harbaugh will not be denied. Despite losing Matt Judon to the Patriots, Baltimore remains an elite team just a few game-breaking players away from a Super Bowl run.

8. Seattle Seahawks
Despite the inner turmoil, the addition of offensive coordinator Shane Waldron should bring some much-needed life to Seattle’s offense (much in the way letting Russell Wilson throw the ball more did). The Seahawks did nothing to really improve their defense, but did bring in Gabe Jackson and Gerald Everett to shore up the offensive line and add some depth to the passing game.

9. New England Patriots
Bill Belichick surges his way into the top 10 after what some might call an uncharacteristic free-agency spending spree. I might call it characteristic in that he got a lot of good veteran players on below-market deals. Judon, Hunter Henry and Jonnu Smith should be stars in this system. Now, one question: Is Cam Newton for sure throwing them the ball?

10. Miami Dolphins
Matt Skura and Will Fuller highlight a smart and targeted approach to free agency, which is beginning to be the norm in Miami. Jacoby Brissett is going to push Tua Tagovailoa, and at worst, Miami has a Ryan Fitzpatrick-plus option under center if Brian Flores opts to sideline his former No. 5 pick at quarterback.

11. San Francisco 49ers
I don’t think you can forget about a team that was a few plays from winning a Super Bowl so recently. The 49ers got better—much better—up front with the addition of Kyle Shanahan understudy Alex Mack. The 49ers have a lot of options right now and don’t have to stay married to Jimmy Garoppolo at quarterback. Where they go from here depends largely on their ability to recoup picks in a Garoppolo trade or build him up enough to take the next step.

12. Dallas Cowboys
Dan Quinn is a massive upgrade for the soul of Dallas’s locker room, and the addition of Keanu Neal is a budget-friendly Band-Aid at safety, which the Cowboys have been searching for. Seeing Dak Prescott in Mike McCarthy’s offense for a full season will be instructive, but there’s little doubt he’s lost a step.

13. Los Angeles Rams
The Rams had a strange free agency. Trading for Matthew Stafford was great, but incurring a massive trunk full of dead money was not. Re-signing Leonard Floyd was not a bad idea, but in the process, taking themselves completely out of the running for John Johnson was not great. Then, they reached the I guess we’re signing DeSean Jackson stage of free agency. Is this team, which lost a great coordinator in Brandon Staley this offseason, at a net positive after free agency? I would say no … for now.

Pete Prisco's NFL Power Rankings: Buccaneers finish on top and the Tom Brady, Bill Belichick debate is over

RKTEAMSCHGRCRD
BUCCANEERS
They have some tough personnel decisions coming up - the main one is edge rusher Shaq Barrett - but this team has the ability to do it again.611-5-0
CHIEFS
They got pushed around up front on both lines in the Super Bowl. Injuries hurt the offensive line, but they need to be better on both fronts next year.114-2-0
PACKERS
All that talk about Aaron Rodgers going somewhere else was way overhyped. They do need to improve on defense as they made a coordinator change with Joe Barry now in charge.113-3-0
BILLS
They made big strides this season, but one thing they have to do is get bigger on defense. They will push for the Super Bowl again next season.113-3-0
SEAHAWKS
They have a new offensive coordinator in Shane Waldron, but what will that mean? They certainly shouldn't play more conservative with Russell Wilson.112-4-0
SAINTS
If Drew Brees isn't back, they will be a lot lower on this list in the next rankings. Jameis Winston and Taysom Hill are a step down from Brees.112-4-0
STEELERS
Ben Roethlisberger will be back, but it could be his last season. They have to start planning for the future.112-4-0
RAVENS
This has to be the offseason where they improve the passing game. Lamar Jackson needs to be better, but he needs help outside.--11-5-0
COLTS
They face a major decision about the quarterback decision. Do they go out and get a veteran? Carson Wentz maybe?--11-5-0
BROWNS
Kevin Stefanski did a nice job with this team in his first season. They do have to improve on the defensive side of the ball.--11-5-0
TITANS
The pass rush has to be a priority this offseason. They just weren't good enough in that area.--11-5-0
12team logo
RAMS
With Matt Stafford now in as the quarterback, thanks to a monster trade, they should again be a playoff team. But that trade says Super Bowl, not playoffs.--10-6-0

I hope that was as delightful for you as it was me.

5193768-5345948947-peter.jpg

Last edited:

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Vegas insider has us the Ravens and Bills with the 4th lowest odds to win the Super Bowl at 12/1