Rams’ Leonard Floyd Played So Well That He Might Be Playing For Someone Else

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Just put on NFL Network and GMF discussed the Top Free Agent Pass Rushers; and put up a list of ten players.

Leonard Floyd was not on the List.

Only two of the ten listed free agent pass rushers had double-digit sacks in 2020. Half were not even year-long-starters.

I love all the off-season NFL media coverage.

I just wish half of it did not suck so much.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Just put on NFL Network and GMF discussed the Top Free Agent Pass Rushers; and put up a list of ten players.

Leonard Floyd was not on the List.

Only two of the ten listed free agent pass rushers had double-digit sacks in 2020. Half were not even year-long-starters.

I love all the off-season NFL media coverage.

I just wish half of it did not suck so much.
Or maybe he's been signed and don't know yet?!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I loved Leonard Floyd in last season's defense. He would be my priority Ram UFA. He had a career season with Brandon Staley as the Rams DC who's designed defense is tailor-made for LF's presence.

LF did not play well with the Bears in a different defense after Staley departed. Not sure he will be as effective in our new DC scheme. If I were Snead/McVay I would not be looking to lock LF up long-term at this point. I would be aiming for a one-yr contract to see how well LF & our new DC bond.

Last edited:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Or maybe he's been signed and don't know yet?!
I like your optimism; and maybe Floyd has been resigned and we don’t know it yet.

However, do you think for a moment that if the NFL Network knew Floyd had resigned, it would hold back that information?

I don’t.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I loved Leonard Floyd in last season's defense. He would be my priority Ram UFA. He had a career season with Brandon Staley as the Rams DC who's designed defense is tailor-made for LF's presence.

LF did not play well with the Bears in a different defense after Staley departed. Not sure he will be as effective in our new DC scheme. If I were Snead/McVay I not looking to lock LF up long-term at this point. I aiming for a one-yr contract.
I have similar concerns but do you think a one year deal is a possibility?

I would be shocked if Floyd does not have multiple suitors offering multi-year deals.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I like your optimism; and maybe Floyd has been resigned and we don’t know it yet.

However, do you think for a moment that if the NFL Network knew Floyd had resigned, it would hold back that information?

I don’t.

For all that question The Rams & McSnead for not releasing info can just wait. One thing they have told us is they have a plan. Sort of say like a timed Chess game. They know what they want, but if a,b,c,d happen then things get changed around.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I have similar concerns but do you think a one year deal is a possibility?

I would be shocked if Floyd does not have multiple suitors offering multi-year deals.
Yes, depending on just how well LF enjoyed success playing in the Ram defense. He might desire another year of that kind of great success before returning to the losing negative atmosphere like the Chargers or Jets.

I do not believe the Rams will sign LF.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

I don’t.

They may be holding back because no deals are final until a certain point and they don't want to interfere with league business. I'm sure that guys that break these stories get permission with respect to trades and new contracts.

I can't recall the last time something was broken to the fans where the teams were mad about a "leak"... but maybe I just missed it.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
They may be holding back because no deals are final until a certain point and they don't want to interfere with league business. I'm sure that guys that break these stories get permission with respect to trades and new contracts.

I can't recall the last time something was broken to the fans where the teams were mad about a "leak"... but maybe I just missed it.
OK but none of that explains why Good Morning Football would exclude Floyd’s name from a list of ten (including Shaq Barrett) pending free agent pass rushers.

What would explain Floyd’s exclusion is that GMF is just not that sharp.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope the Rams move on from Floyd. I am typically wrong this time of year so he’ll likely be back.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did you guys see Jadeveon Clowney is rumored to be signing with the Rams?

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seriously, I think a young DE or cheap vet is a better option for the team. Floyds play was outstanding in a few games. Plus, he’s gotta demand top dollar. It’s his family’s future, no hard feelings against him for cashing in while he can.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Ah, okay... in other words... just more speculation.

We've seen multiple reports that the Rams are actively working to retain Floyd.

Now, if they retain Floyd AND somehow sign Clowney... wow. That'd be something.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Now, if they retain Floyd AND somehow sign Clowney... wow. That'd be something.
[/QUOTE]

That's what I want exactly for the defense that's perfect