Rams LB Troy Reeder fined $10K for late hit that got him ejected

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dunno....He probably shouldn't have hit the QB, but I also have never been so pressurized to make a play that might decide whether I can continue in my career or getting that job at Home Depot if I fail. I know if I was a team mate and I made the team and he didn't, I'd be passing the hat for the young man with the first donation being mine...

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
NFL rules quarterback slide
When a runner slides feet first, the ball is dead the instant he touches the ground with anything other than his hands or his feet.” The NFL'sslide rule” has been around for 30 years, and it is intended to prevent bloodthirsty defensive players from teeing off on quarterbacks who wander out of the pocket.
Thanks, I'm well aware of the rule. I just don't agree with it. Offensive football is fun for the casual, and experienced fan alike. Not so much for fans of defensive football. A football player is a football player. Either protect all positions from bloodthirsty defensive players, or protect none of them. Alternatively, Keep the QB behind the line of scrimmage.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Troy Reeder's weakness is in coverage & yes he is slow when playing back from the LOS. His reverse gear is not smooth & will be beaten when forced into these situations. Buttmonkey.....

Right now this defense has only one ILB'er who can shed most all the blocks from the TE's & OL'ers to fight through a massive moving mess of large linemen & he will make the tackle @ the LOS. ...... His name is Troy Reeder. The rest of our fast light ILB'ers will be snowplowed way down the street & up on the curb with last weeks snow & other debris.