Rams keep 4th round pick.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
still not sure if the trade was necessary....extra 2nd helps....playoffs woulda helped more....I never wanna see Foles take another snap in horns...

I was really torn when it happened. I'm the biggest Bradford homer. But you could never think a guy that had the 27td-2int season would EVER look this bad.
That said, I would still take Sam right now over what we have, without question. Sam would never have missed this many open receivers.

Oh well, onto the next QB I guess.

MauiRam

Rookie
G-Rob continues to get better and better. No matter what the many critics of this young man say....If he was allowing days/games like the one Khalil Mack put on yesterday, I could see the validity in this train of thought. But it's simply not true. On the drive that Gurley scored his first TD. I'd say every run went to G-Rob's side. I'd also say, Keenum had time on most of his throws....#73 is a second year player, and while not dominant yet, he is progressing just fine. Ziggy Ansah needs to be questioned on how he fared vs G-Rob...

G-Rob leads the league in holding penalties. Everyone expected that he'd be a beast run blocking, and he's done well so far there, but transitioning to LT in the NFL and protecting a qb's blind side was the questionable part. He is still a project when it comes to down to pass/pro. Prior to his being drafted, I preferred Matthews, but Fish/Snead thought otherwise, and took Greg. Once they did, I was firmly in Greg's corner - after all I'm just a fan. I'm not trying to trash Greg, but too many times I've seen him get beaten like a drum.

Physically he is possibly the most talented LT in football, but his performance to date in pass/pro has been mediocre. It may be that he'll end up at guard should the Rams clean house at the end of the year.

Having a qb who can run around a bit (Keenum) will surely help Greg out for the remaining games.

D L

Rookie
Name
Dylan
I am amazed at how dismissive every one is with Foles, it isn't the QB, it's the offense around him. Bradford would have not done much better here.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I am amazed at how dismissive every one is with Foles, it isn't the QB, it's the offense around him. Bradford would have not done much better here.

I am in agreement with you to a certain extent: I don't think Foles is as bad as he's looked in this offense. It is much like Warner with the Giants, where the offense simply did not fit him but he has the extra complication of poor OL play and poor coordination and receiver play. When Foles is unsure of himself his mechanics fall apart and his accuracy is garbage. He's been unsure of himself for much of his time in this offense, and worse his mechanics and production have slid the longer he was under this staff and in this offense. At least early this season he hung in there and competed and made some key throws to lead them to upset wins.

My take is the Rams staff probably held Sam back as well. Sam is now starting to really put it together after a very good offensive staff coached him up to where he probably should have been a couple years ago. If the Rams had not traded him, he still would have struggled even when he was healthy, up until the point he got killed behind this line.

Get a real coordinator in here and maybe we find out Foles can lead this team to wins if necessary while our high draft pick rookie learns the offense.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Gonna' be an interesting draft next year for the Rams and their (only) 6 picks: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, no 5, 6, no 7.

(IMO) need a QB (1st if one of the "big 3" is there)), OL (2nd), WR or DE (2nd, 3rd), LB (4th),

Last edited:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Better QB wins in that trade. Said it then, still believe it. If our extra picks turn into a better QB than Bradford, then we win, as long as it doesn't take too long. I'll include Mannion in this scenario. For the record.... I think we would have had 2 - 3 more wins with Bradford starting, but I'm not poo pooing the trade, at the time. Wasn't thrilled, but understood it.