Rams keep 4th round pick.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
So I guess it's official now, Bradford has played easily more than 50% of the snaps this season. So we get their 2nd round pick and they get...a better record?

Even with the decline of Foles, this was a trade that had to be made based on salary implications alone.

My opinion, nothing more.

Nice win today guys!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
still not sure if the trade was necessary....extra 2nd helps....playoffs woulda helped more....I never wanna see Foles take another snap in horns...

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When the trade went down I was all for it. Looking at it now not so much. Foles is not our starter. Bradford could possibly be taking his team to the playoffs. I know we freed up some money but was that nullified by Foles extension? In essence did we trade Bradford for a 2nd round pick? And there were other offers available what did we lose there? I hate to call the trade a bust but it might just be.

TheBunk

Rookie
still not sure if the trade was necessary....extra 2nd helps....playoffs woulda helped more....I never wanna see Foles take another snap in horns...
The result would have been the same if we had Bradford this season. He may have gotten killed in this offense. At least we gained an extra 2nd rounder out of it.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If the trade was about Bradford vs Foles then we lost that one. But it wasn't just about that. We get an extra second and we keep our 4th. But Bradford seems to be getting a little better as he plays more in that offense. Maybe not so much stats, but they're 6-2 in the last 8 games he started and finished. I would call it an overall wash. We got a bust for a QB, but we unloaded a huge contract and got an extra second rounder.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Hopefully we can use those 2s as trade ammo to get a much needed QB.

Chargers will be key to that, a lot of their fans wouldn't mind keeping Rivers and could use that extra 2nd round pick to fill holes.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
It's just sad because we thought Foles and Cig were part of the solution this year. Turns out, they were our biggest draw backs. Talk about a blind side.

Good trade, though. Bradford's knee killed two seasons for us. That's enough.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
It's just sad because we thought Foles and Cig were part of the solution this year. Turns out, they were our biggest draw backs. Talk about a blind side.

Good trade, though. Bradford's knee killed two seasons for us. That's enough.

Our single biggest drawback is still employed

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Look at our line this year. Bradford wouldn't have made it through the season. This trade just had to be made. Couldn't put our hopes on his health for a third straight season. Getting his salary off the books and getting their 2nd rounder makes this trade reasonable considering the decline in play by Foles.

RamsFan14

Starter
Look at our line this year. Bradford wouldn't have made it through the season. This trade just had to be made. Couldn't put our hopes on his health for a third straight season. Getting his salary off the books and getting their 2nd rounder makes this trade reasonable considering the decline in play by Foles.

Bradford would have taken a beating behind this offensive line and it's not too crazy to say he might have gotten injuried. Foles and Keenum have to deal with a young and inexperienced OL. I know Foles is a mess and cannot defend how badly he's played, but man the dude has lost so much confidence and I don't beleive it's on him. Pocket is bad, playmakers aren't very good, support is just blah. I don't see how we improve as an offense unless we develop our OL and get some more playmakers (can we all agree we need a new starting TE?). Ppl kept saying (as well as I did) all we need is an average QB and we'll be a playoff team. I have to disagree now, the support is just not right now for a QB to be average/successful. The second round pick will help this team, I don't think Bradford would have made much of a difference if he were here. He'd know the playbook inside out and he'd probably be a more crisp passer, but he'd be taking a massive beating, who knows how he'd respond to it.

FRO

Legend
Bradford would have taken a beating behind this offensive line and it's not too crazy to say he might have gotten injuried. Foles and Keenum have to deal with a young and inexperienced OL. I know Foles is a mess and cannot defend how badly he's played, but man the dude has lost so much confidence and I don't beleive it's on him. Pocket is bad, playmakers aren't very good, support is just blah. I don't see how we improve as an offense unless we develop our OL and get some more playmakers (can we all agree we need a new starting TE?). Ppl kept saying (as well as I did) all we need is an average QB and we'll be a playoff team. I have to disagree now, the support is just not right now for a QB to be average/successful. The second round pick will help this team, I don't think Bradford would have made much of a difference if he were here. He'd know the playbook inside out and he'd probably be a more crisp passer, but he'd be taking a massive beating, who knows how he'd respond to it.
You're right the support cast sucks. Sam would be a huge improvement at QB though. The trade was a failure. I just hope we are able to get a solid QB in here.

iced

Chargers will be key to that, a lot of their fans wouldn't mind keeping Rivers and could use that extra 2nd round pick to fill holes.

I don't see Kroenke and Spanos making any deals :LOL:

fearsomefour

Legend
I dislike the trade from day one for one simple reason....they chose to diminish talent at the games most important position.
I understand why it was done and if it was my name going on the checks I may have done the same deal. However, Bradford had one year left on his deal either way. I think what the Rams feared more than him getting injured again was him playing great and feeling forced to resign him to more big money.

MauiRam

Rookie
Nick might feel the same - given our sterling O-line pass protection. We could really use a left tackle who can protect a qb's blind side - #73 does not look promising at this point ..

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The result would have been the same if we had Bradford this season.

Bradford would have taken a beating behind this offensive line
QB's get hit....that's what happens in a football game....Most DC's know that you kill the head, and the body (offense) dies. Tom Brady takes a beating most games vs good/great defenses....All QB's do.... Bradfords been hit a bunch this year....Concussed...Bruised shoulder....guess what? Went out there yesterday and threw dimes....
All I'll say is, after weeks 1 & 2, yesterday was the best QB play we've had all season...And guess what, the line didn't look so terrible. It had replacements at BOTH guard spots and was solid. No way this team isn't above .500 with a QB in there that knows the system....NO WAY.

We could really use a left tackle who can protect a qb's blind side - #73 does not look promising at this point ..
G-Rob continues to get better and better. No matter what the many critics of this young man say....If he was allowing days/games like the one Khalil Mack put on yesterday, I could see the validity in this train of thought. But it's simply not true. On the drive that Gurley scored his first TD. I'd say every run went to G-Rob's side. I'd also say, Keenum had time on most of his throws....#73 is a second year player, and while not dominant yet, he is progressing just fine. Ziggy Ansah needs to be questioned on how he fared vs G-Rob...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/bl...es-gurley-s-monster-second-half-propels-rams/

Yeah, it's pff...but ask your eyes, did any DL from the Lions have a good game? Gurley did...Keenum was fine.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The result would have been the same if we had Bradford this season. He may have gotten killed in this offense. At least we gained an extra 2nd rounder out of it.
Yeah... I don't see him holding up to the breakdowns along that line we've had this year.

He probably wouldn't have made it out of Green Bay without a serious injury.

The trade had to be done... but Foles disappointment stings right now.