Rams in St. Louis: Best Era Yet to Come (Via 101 ESPN)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ShaneG

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
tagfeet said:
Stranger said:
Rabid Ram said:
ShaneG said:
tagfeet said:
I stated my opinion in that the Rams will move back to LA in two years time because of there is way to much money to be made in Los Angeles with a new stadium in place...its not a conspiracy theory however...this is not the professor with a candle stick in the library!

humor is good though...

In all due respect my friend, what new stadium? L.A. is more than 2 years away from having that, even if construction were to begin tonight.

If L.A. were the goldmine some suggest it is, a team or teams would have been there already. But in the NFL model, lease friendliness and stadium is far more important than market size.

And again, the chances of any team moving during next 9 years is remote and the chances of owners/NFL allowing anyone to move when the NFL can keep all profits in place AND add to the pie in new CBA with new expansion team(s) makes it very unlikely anyone will be moving.
Not only would a team already be there but TWO teams would have never in their right minds left the"goldmine" of LA. Its a baseball/basketball friendly town just never been the gold mine everyone seems to think it is for thd nfl
Yeah, I've never understood that, but it's true. I recall going to many games at the Coliseum and the Big A that we very empty. But I don't ever recall attending a Laker game at the Fabulous Forum that was less than 75% capacity.

Perhaps in the superficial town that is LA, being able to be "seen" is more important than attending the event. And my guess is it's easier to be "seen" at a Lakers' or Kodgers' game than at an NFL stadium, especially an outdoor one.

Looks like I touched a nerve here! I love it....look the reason why teams have not come to LA before is because the City of Los Angeles would not cower to the mighty NFL..."you need to have taxpayer money BS" and I appauld LA for not falling into that trap! Sound familiar St. Louis???? What kind of trouble are you guys in with regards to stadium issues? The city of LA was and still is smart! Welcome AEG in 2011...with no public funding we can finally build a stadium we can be proud of and put people back to work...that's why it has not works until now...get it!

Right now with EIR, the passing of the city council and State. We are all set to go over here! AEG is not for sale anymore so it's full steam ahead...with all due respect to your theory of where they would play of course they would play at the coliseum...and with all due respect to you (The St. Louis fans) where is your stadium plans? (and don't say that tin can you call a dome) Tick tock...it takes time to put a first class stadium together...we have taken care of our business over here in LA...I would worry more about what you are going to do in 2 years when the lease is up...what are you going to do? Tick tock...more beautiful stadiums are going up every year (San Fran, Minnesota, Atlanta) If you think for one freaking second that Stan Kroenke, probably one of the richest owners in the NFL, is going to satified with that dome you are absolutly crazy!

If your SO SECURE in your belief that there is no chance the the Rams will move to LA...why does Bernie always talk about it...if your SO SECURE than why have people been talking about this since 2009? If your SO SECURE why do national publications say that the best team to move to LA is the RAMS? Read your own St. Louis dispatch articles on line...have you read the comments underneath when it comes to anything "taxpayer money" 90% of them are negative comments like, "bye" and "don't let the door hit you on the way out"... these are the real (probably non Rams fans) people of St. Louis who would rather spend there taxpayer money on stuff like Education, police, firefighters, etc!

Have you ever really honestly asked yourself why Stan tried to buy the Dodgers last year knowing full well the cross ownership rules? What...was he going to give it to his son again? Give me a break! have you ever really asked yourself why Stan owns teams all over the world instead of in the St. Louis area and has his home base in Denver?

People of the Lou get pissed off when they have to pay 2 million for the Rams legal fees? It blows my mind...how are you going to react to 300-400 million? ...with all of that being said, of course it will a challenge to bring the Rams home...but turning a blind eye to this particular gathering storm is kind of stupid! that's my personal opinion...yours may differ...but we will wait and see in 2 years!

I, for one, have never said there is no chance of a move. But any move would be well down the road and is -- in fact -- not being considered at all at this point.

As for AEG, it's current plan is absolutely not acceptable to the NFL or any owner, whether it goes forward or not. Many believe it is dead in the water. Either way, any deal requiring Stan to sell a meaningful chunk of ownership to happen is a slimmmmmm to none shot, at best. L.A. has taken care of business re: NFL? Sorry, but in all due respect to you my friend, that is one of the more laughable things I have read in a long time.

Yeah, we "get it" very well re: L.A. and NFL stadiums, as one after another after another after another have never gotten off the ground. Nothing has changed.

What kind of trouble is St. Louis in re: the lease/stadium issue? Well, not that much. The city has a two year buffer that other cities didn't even have after the CVC rejects arbitration. Other cities didn't have that. San Diego has been year to year forever. Minnesota was all the way out of their lease entirely. Raiders can get out of lease after the 2013 season. The governor is already involved with Goldman Sachs and will be a major player in ensuring a deal gets done. Advantageous bills are at work in Missouri that will aid the process. The mayor's chief of staff stated that it wouldn't make sense to over $200 million on stadium for JUST a ten year fix, suggesting going beyond $200 million for a long-term solution is very possible. That jives with what friend Miklasz reported in that it is believed about $300 million could be put together. This isn't even counting things you probably haven't considered that get done in MO all the time that Stan knows how to get -- such as TIFF money, land grants, MODOT work, tax abasement, etc. Yes, Stan knows how to get things done here in his home state.

If you look at stadium deals, they are -- on average -- becoming more and more public friendly. The latest will see the Falcons paying for about 80% of their venue (with NFL G4 Loan/GRANT help). The city/state won't be paying for all of this. Likely no more than half with G4 taking on $200 million of that ($200 million that a team THROWS AWAY if they relocate as that money is NOT available for relocating teams, and then you tack on what would likely be a $700 million relocation fee IF all the hoops were jumped through to even get to a vote that would require 75% of owners to CUT THEIR OWN THROATS money-wise by allowing a team to move rather than expansion).

NOBODY expects the CVC to accept the arbitration deal. Some of a certain crowd acts as if this is actually something of major magnitude. Nobody expects that to get done in the city or with the Rams. It's a step in the process. And until that step is taken, nothing can yet be done in serious talks re: a new downtown or suburban solution. Downtown will get the first shot for a plethora of reasons.

Why does Bernie and others talk about it? Quite simply, it is of interest to many in Rams Nation, in St. Louis and elsewhere. People desire information in regard to the topic and that demand is going to solicit coverage, commentary and analysis.

As for your take on comments re: stadium talk on stltoday.com articles from readers (or elsewhere), I can tell you the comments are much more pro Rams (and not even close to 90% negative, even with BBTLAR sharing their thoughts there) than what I have found when looking at other cities going through lease stadium issues about anywhere else, such as in Miami, where I could barely find ANYONE with anything positive to say about helping to get a stadium deal.

As for your "national publication" talk, what an amazing stretch of a statement. If you want to count Florio :shock:, sure. But if you want to listen to Adam Schefter, John Clayton, Mike Sando, T.J. Simers, Sam Farmer, etc, you won't see support for NFL in L.A. soon or Rams to L.A. whatsoever by most of the aforementioned.

As for the Dodgers thing, of course that whole thing had been considered. The NFL was working on how to make that work if Kroenke had won out in that bidding, just as they did with the Nuggets situation.

As for Stan owning teams all over the world and NOT in St. Louis comment: Uhhh, the Rams are in St. Louis. So I have no idea what you meant there.

As for the legal fees, of course, some aren't going to like that (here or in ANY OTHER CITY)

As for Stan's home base, his home base is still listed as Columbia, MO.. for what it's worth. I believe Forbes has that as of late 2012. But, of course, he has a home in Malibu. Oh my!!! A rich guy with a home in that area.. that is rare, right?

All that said, if you want to believe Stan went to all the effort for the St. Louis Stallions expansion efforts as the lead investor 20 years ago and then to secure the Rams move to his home state by buying ONLY on PRECONDITION that Rams move here to later work even harder to move them back out, to sell part of his team, to alienate Missouri -- where he still does the vast majority of his business -- and to be seen as a sellout and villian through his remaining days in his home state... well, that's your choice, of course, but I don't see it happening for the above and many other reasons.

There's always a chance I guess, but that chance is darn slim.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ShaneG said:
All that said, if you want to believe Stan went to all the effort for the St. Louis Stallions expansion efforts as the lead investor 20 years ago and then to secure the Rams move to his home state by buying ONLY on PRECONDITION that Rams move here to later work even harder to move them back out, to sell part of his team, to alienate Missouri -- where he still does the vast majority of his business -- and to be seen as a sellout and villian through his remaining days in his home state... well, that's your choice, of course, but I don't see it happening for the above and many other reasons.

For the 100th time, I have no horse in this race, but that's undeniably accurate. If Kroenke were to do ANY of that after all of his efforts to bring the team to STL, it would severely affect his credibility for the remainder of his life. Not that the average fan in L.A. would care, but he has very strong roots there in Missouri.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
ShaneG said:
tagfeet said:
Stranger said:
Rabid Ram said:
ShaneG said:
tagfeet said:
I stated my opinion in that the Rams will move back to LA in two years time because of there is way to much money to be made in Los Angeles with a new stadium in place...its not a conspiracy theory however...this is not the professor with a candle stick in the library!

humor is good though...

In all due respect my friend, what new stadium? L.A. is more than 2 years away from having that, even if construction were to begin tonight.

If L.A. were the goldmine some suggest it is, a team or teams would have been there already. But in the NFL model, lease friendliness and stadium is far more important than market size.

And again, the chances of any team moving during next 9 years is remote and the chances of owners/NFL allowing anyone to move when the NFL can keep all profits in place AND add to the pie in new CBA with new expansion team(s) makes it very unlikely anyone will be moving.
Not only would a team already be there but TWO teams would have never in their right minds left the"goldmine" of LA. Its a baseball/basketball friendly town just never been the gold mine everyone seems to think it is for thd nfl
Yeah, I've never understood that, but it's true. I recall going to many games at the Coliseum and the Big A that we very empty. But I don't ever recall attending a Laker game at the Fabulous Forum that was less than 75% capacity.

Perhaps in the superficial town that is LA, being able to be "seen" is more important than attending the event. And my guess is it's easier to be "seen" at a Lakers' or Kodgers' game than at an NFL stadium, especially an outdoor one.

Looks like I touched a nerve here! I love it....look the reason why teams have not come to LA before is because the City of Los Angeles would not cower to the mighty NFL..."you need to have taxpayer money BS" and I appauld LA for not falling into that trap! Sound familiar St. Louis???? What kind of trouble are you guys in with regards to stadium issues? The city of LA was and still is smart! Welcome AEG in 2011...with no public funding we can finally build a stadium we can be proud of and put people back to work...that's why it has not works until now...get it!

Right now with EIR, the passing of the city council and State. We are all set to go over here! AEG is not for sale anymore so it's full steam ahead...with all due respect to your theory of where they would play of course they would play at the coliseum...and with all due respect to you (The St. Louis fans) where is your stadium plans? (and don't say that tin can you call a dome) Tick tock...it takes time to put a first class stadium together...we have taken care of our business over here in LA...I would worry more about what you are going to do in 2 years when the lease is up...what are you going to do? Tick tock...more beautiful stadiums are going up every year (San Fran, Minnesota, Atlanta) If you think for one freaking second that Stan Kroenke, probably one of the richest owners in the NFL, is going to satified with that dome you are absolutly crazy!

If your SO SECURE in your belief that there is no chance the the Rams will move to LA...why does Bernie always talk about it...if your SO SECURE than why have people been talking about this since 2009? If your SO SECURE why do national publications say that the best team to move to LA is the RAMS? Read your own St. Louis dispatch articles on line...have you read the comments underneath when it comes to anything "taxpayer money" 90% of them are negative comments like, "bye" and "don't let the door hit you on the way out"... these are the real (probably non Rams fans) people of St. Louis who would rather spend there taxpayer money on stuff like Education, police, firefighters, etc!

Have you ever really honestly asked yourself why Stan tried to buy the Dodgers last year knowing full well the cross ownership rules? What...was he going to give it to his son again? Give me a break! have you ever really asked yourself why Stan owns teams all over the world instead of in the St. Louis area and has his home base in Denver?

People of the Lou get pissed off when they have to pay 2 million for the Rams legal fees? It blows my mind...how are you going to react to 300-400 million? ...with all of that being said, of course it will a challenge to bring the Rams home...but turning a blind eye to this particular gathering storm is kind of stupid! that's my personal opinion...yours may differ...but we will wait and see in 2 years!

I, for one, have never said there is no chance of a move. But any move would be well down the road and is -- in fact -- not being considered at all at this point.

As for AEG, it's current plan is absolutely not acceptable to the NFL or any owner, whether it goes forward or not. Many believe it is dead in the water. Either way, any deal requiring Stan to sell a meaningful chunk of ownership to happen is a slimmmmmm to none shot, at best. L.A. has taken care of business re: NFL? Sorry, but in all due respect to you my friend, that is one of the more laughable things I have read in a long time.

Yeah, we "get it" very well re: L.A. and NFL stadiums, as one after another after another after another have never gotten off the ground. Nothing has changed.

What kind of trouble is St. Louis in re: the lease/stadium issue? Well, not that much. The city has a two year buffer that other cities didn't even have after the CVC rejects arbitration. Other cities didn't have that. San Diego has been year to year forever. Minnesota was all the way out of their lease entirely. Raiders can get out of lease after the 2013 season. The governor is already involved with Goldman Sachs and will be a major player in ensuring a deal gets done. Advantageous bills are at work in Missouri that will aid the process. The mayor's chief of staff stated that it wouldn't make sense to over $200 million on stadium for JUST a ten year fix, suggesting going beyond $200 million for a long-term solution is very possible. That jives with what friend Miklasz reported in that it is believed about $300 million could be put together. This isn't even counting things you probably haven't considered that get done in MO all the time that Stan knows how to get -- such as TIFF money, land grants, MODOT work, tax abasement, etc. Yes, Stan knows how to get things done here in his home state.

If you look at stadium deals, they are -- on average -- becoming more and more public friendly. The latest will see the Falcons paying for about 80% of their venue (with NFL G4 Loan/GRANT help). The city/state won't be paying for all of this. Likely no more than half with G4 taking on $200 million of that ($200 million that a team THROWS AWAY if they relocate as that money is NOT available for relocating teams, and then you tack on what would likely be a $700 million relocation fee IF all the hoops were jumped through to even get to a vote that would require 75% of owners to CUT THEIR OWN THROATS money-wise by allowing a team to move rather than expansion).

NOBODY expects the CVC to accept the arbitration deal. Some of a certain crowd acts as if this is actually something of major magnitude. Nobody expects that to get done in the city or with the Rams. It's a step in the process. And until that step is taken, nothing can yet be done in serious talks re: a new downtown or suburban solution. Downtown will get the first shot for a plethora of reasons.

Why does Bernie and others talk about it? Quite simply, it is of interest to many in Rams Nation, in St. Louis and elsewhere. People desire information in regard to the topic and that demand is going to solicit coverage, commentary and analysis.

As for your take on comments re: stadium talk on stltoday.com articles from readers (or elsewhere), I can tell you the comments are much more pro Rams (and not even close to 90% negative, even with BBTLAR sharing their thoughts there) than what I have found when looking at other cities going through lease stadium issues about anywhere else, such as in Miami, where I could barely find ANYONE with anything positive to say about helping to get a stadium deal.

As for your "national publication" talk, what an amazing stretch of a statement. If you want to count Florio :shock:, sure. But if you want to listen to Adam Schefter, John Clayton, Mike Sando, T.J. Simers, Sam Farmer, etc, you won't see support for NFL in L.A. soon or Rams to L.A. whatsoever by most of the aforementioned.

As for the Dodgers thing, of course that whole thing had been considered. The NFL was working on how to make that work if Kroenke had won out in that bidding, just as they did with the Nuggets situation.

As for Stan owning teams all over the world and NOT in St. Louis comment: Uhhh, the Rams are in St. Louis. So I have no idea what you meant there.

As for the legal fees, of course, some aren't going to like that (here or in ANY OTHER CITY)

As for Stan's home base, his home base is still listed as Columbia, MO.. for what it's worth. I believe Forbes has that as of late 2012. But, of course, he has a home in Malibu. Oh my!!! A rich guy with a home in that area.. that is rare, right?

Here's the problem with that argument Shane.

Accurate facts have never, ever worked on the posters that are adamant the Rams are going to move back to LA.

There will be some, I am certain of it, that will be claiming they are going back to LA when SK is actually building a new stadium in STL. I swear that we will see those posts. :roll:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
X said:
ShaneG said:

For the 100th time, I have no horse in this race, but that's undeniably accurate. If Kroenke were to do ANY of that after all of his efforts to bring the team to STL, it would severely affect his credibility for the remainder of his life. Not that the average fan in L.A. would care, but he has very strong roots there in Missouri.

It's like having a conversation with her.......

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww[/youtube]

tagfeet

UDFA
ShaneG said:
tagfeet said:
Stranger said:
Rabid Ram said:
ShaneG said:
tagfeet said:

humor is good though...

Shane,

With all due respect you are missing my point...1. Are you talking about the AEG being dead in the water because AEG let go of Tim Lewekie? Or the Jason Cole article saying that it's dead in the water? Then Cole went on "your radio station" 101 espn and said the rams will go to LA? Are you talking about that? Are you talking about pro St. Louis articles that Bernie wrote? AEG is still here, they have not folded there tents so to speak...now it's time for me to laugh.

Your Economist Patrick Reshe said on fox 2 news in St. Louis that if Stan Kroenke can move the franchise and keep a majority of the team that he would do that in a heart beat...you know that he does not own 100% right, a small piece still belongs to the Rosenblooms...so I don't think it's a deal breaker. Maybe you know better on this Shane?

Shane...the stadium issue is not that much trouble? That is the glass is half full optimism don't you think? Truth is that Minnesota solved there stadiums, Atlanta solved there stadium situation and they did it in a warp speed while the St. Louis Dome situation lingers on...I know about Goldman Saches and about your Governor leading the Charge to keep the Rams in the region and rightfully so...if the St. Louis taxpayers can put together 200-300 million then they deserve to keep the Rams...will that happen? Time will tell. But you know that it's called a G4 loan...either the taxpayers of St. louis or Kroenke will have to pay that back...you know that right? On top of that...you are still paying for the Dome back in 1994.

Bernie and others replay the same thing over and over and over again. I think the Rams nation gets it when somebody says "some good stuff is going on behind the scenes"...even you are sick of that right? People are sick of that...and we know that probably is not that case. Maybe some new info like, "Stan has spoken, he is going to keep the Rams here! Or the Rams have reached a new agreement with the CVC"...that's news! Not rehashing old news...sorry!

About the Comments underneath the articles I totally and completly disagree with you my friend. Sure that are BBTLAR members on there but a very small amount...the majority are hard working people of St. Louis that are crying that there tax dollars are being spent on the Rams legal fees or a stadium which you play only 10 times a year! No way Shane...no way! Sorry!

ESPN, NFL network, Forbes, NBC sports network...are those national? I think so...Sam Farmer was quoted as saying, "watch out for the Rams, they have stadium issues and the timing could not be more perfect." And with the Superbowl just awarded to San francisco...the NFL wants Superbowls in LA! That's the real lightning rod!

I never said he had a home in malibu...but...makes you think!

What I meant by the St. Louis reference to Stan owning teams all over the world instead of regionally is that if he is so bonded with the Missouri then why doesn't try to buy other teams in the area not just the Rams and if required dump all other teams like the Aves for the blues...that's what I meant! Really it does not make a difference but the guy is worldly!

Look...I know that LA has challenges before them but it's not impossible as many of you think...and I am sorry if I have offended some of you in earlier post but my blood boils when you guys talk about how lack luster the LA fans are...In closing, nobody knows what Stan is thinking but his silence is interesting. I think Stan if he were serious about staying in St. louis...he would have said something a Long, long, long, time ago...just something to think about!

Shane.....lets cheer on the Rams this season and again congrats on your new 101 espn gig!

Tom G.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
LesBaker said:
X said:
ShaneG said:

and im sure when people talk to you they fell like they are having a conversation with him......

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z8ZQ3kTSK0[/youtube]

ShaneG

Starter
tagfeet said:
ShaneG said:
tagfeet said:
Stranger said:
Rabid Ram said:
ShaneG said:
tagfeet said:

humor is good though...

Shane,

With all due respect you are missing my point...1. Are you talking about the AEG being dead in the water because AEG let go of Tim Lewekie? Or the Jason Cole article saying that it's dead in the water? Then Cole went on "your radio station" 101 espn and said the rams will go to LA? Are you talking about that? Are you talking about pro St. Louis articles that Bernie wrote? AEG is still here, they have not folded there tents so to speak...now it's time for me to laugh.

Your Economist Patrick Reshe said on fox 2 news in St. Louis that if Stan Kroenke can move the franchise and keep a majority of the team that he would do that in a heart beat...you know that he does not own 100% right, a small piece still belongs to the Rosenblooms...so I don't think it's a deal breaker. Maybe you know better on this Shane?

Shane...the stadium issue is not that much trouble? That is the glass is half full optimism don't you think? Truth is that Minnesota solved there stadiums, Atlanta solved there stadium situation and they did it in a warp speed while the St. Louis Dome situation lingers on...I know about Goldman Saches and about your Governor leading the Charge to keep the Rams in the region and rightfully so...if the St. Louis taxpayers can put together 200-300 million then they deserve to keep the Rams...will that happen? Time will tell. But you know that it's called a G4 loan...either the taxpayers of St. louis or Kroenke will have to pay that back...you know that right? On top of that...you are still paying for the Dome back in 1994.

Bernie and others replay the same thing over and over and over again. I think the Rams nation gets it when somebody says "some good stuff is going on behind the scenes"...even you are sick of that right? People are sick of that...and we know that probably is not that case. Maybe some new info like, "Stan has spoken, he is going to keep the Rams here! Or the Rams have reached a new agreement with the CVC"...that's news! Not rehashing old news...sorry!

About the Comments underneath the articles I totally and completly disagree with you my friend. Sure that are BBTLAR members on there but a very small amount...the majority are hard working people of St. Louis that are crying that there tax dollars are being spent on the Rams legal fees or a stadium which you play only 10 times a year! No way Shane...no way! Sorry!

ESPN, NFL network, Forbes, NBC sports network...are those national? I think so...Sam Farmer was quoted as saying, "watch out for the Rams, they have stadium issues and the timing could not be more perfect." And with the Superbowl just awarded to San francisco...the NFL wants Superbowls in LA! That's the real lightning rod!

I never said he had a home in malibu...but...makes you think!

What I meant by the St. Louis reference to Stan owning teams all over the world instead of regionally is that if he is so bonded with the Missouri then why doesn't try to buy other teams in the area not just the Rams and if required dump all other teams like the Aves for the blues...that's what I meant! Really it does not make a difference but the guy is worldly!

Look...I know that LA has challenges before them but it's not impossible as many of you think...and I am sorry if I have offended some of you in earlier post but my blood boils when you guys talk about how lack luster the LA fans are...In closing, nobody knows what Stan is thinking but his silence is interesting. I think Stan if he were serious about staying in St. louis...he would have said something a Long, long, long, time ago...just something to think about!

Shane.....lets cheer on the Rams this season and again congrats on your new 101 espn gig!

Tom G.

First off, thanks for the very kind words re: 101 ESPN .. I sincerely appreciate you taking time to say that. As for the rest of the post, I will try to get back to this tonight.. busy day and not feeling well right now. Will be back, though. :)

ShaneG

Starter
Will have to get back to this later... my apologies.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
LesBaker said:
X said:
ShaneG said:

Les thanks for that video, that was awesome lol

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
LesBaker said:
X said:
ShaneG said:

It all made sense to her though. :ww:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Barrison6 said:
LesBaker said:
X said:
ShaneG said:

It all made sense to her though. :ww:

the ironic part was that even though she had no clue what she was saying she answered the question rather succinctly. not by her words, by her stupidity.