Rams have likely lost LA to Raiders

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Plashke has always been an ass. Same went for TJ. Simers.

I've always found both unreadable.

bdfitz

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
When the Rams stink like 2016 they deserve to be called the Lambs until they stop being blown out by 6-44 margins week in week out. They started 0-28 and ended just as ugly. Goff is NOT the future and Gurley may NEED an all pro Oline just to gain 100 yards again. At this point he’d be a more productive WR averaging 49 yards per game on the ground. Snead SHOULD be gone but he’s not, so it will be up to Snead to fix this. I’m not saying he can’t, but I’m not buying season tickets either. For those who think it doesn’t matter and we “start over” every year, tell me that when the Rams play 7 home games to an empty stadium while the Chargers or Raiders play 8 games plus playoffs to full capacity....IN OUR HOUSE. The Rams are already behind the 8 ball and if they don't fix this fast they will be landlords with a minority fan base in their own city.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
The Rams pretty much are the joke of the NFL right now. As much as it pains me to say, I am truly embarrassed for the first time in my life to be a fan of this team. Something just reeks about this organization right now and I don't feel optimistic about it getting better any time soon unfortunately. Jaded? Probably. This team has been kicking me in the nuts for the better part of 38 years of Fandom. It was bound to happen eventually.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
a little help from the Lambs

I'm not normally into name calling but anyone who uses the term "Lambs" instead of Rams is an idiot and beneath contempt.

Plaschke+Dog.jpg

SierraRam

Recreational User
I NEVER FELT LIKE THE RAIDERS BELONGED IN L.A.!! I always thought they belonged in Oakland!

I agree Dave, and to those who think LA is anything other than a Ram football town, sorry, think again. Ram loyalty spans generations, and regardless of the town they play in, all Ram fans support their team through the good and excruciatingly bad times. The Rams are the football team in LA. That said, right now they suck, but so do the 49ers. Their stadium was virtually empty the last few games, too. Is the North and South Bay Area becoming a Raider haven? The Raiders have a fan base there, but the answer is NO. As so many have already said here, put a good product on the field and the LA Rams will be noted again like they once were: a top drawing NFL team.

While other LA teams may benefit from the support of a population base exceeding 8 million, the facts are:

Baseball Team: Dodgers not the Angeles
Basketball Team: Lakers not the Clippers
Hockey Team: Kings not the Ducks

Football Team: Rams not Raiders, Chargers, Express, Kiss...

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
Pretty bogus premise. You don't "lose LA" forever by having a shitty or embarrassing year. While our season was both those things, the Rams are moving on, and people will move on. There's plenty of talent on the roster, and plenty of reason to expect a positive change with a new coaching staff.

It will take a while for football to grow back into the city again, and this would've been true even if the Rams had posted a winning record, or made the playoffs. True and lasting fans aren't won over in a season. Fans of the moment are, and they will be there any year your organization is doing well, and on an upswing. And when things start to turn, they'll find someone else to support. That's the way casual sports fans are, especially in today's social media culture.

When the Rams become winners, they will earn attendance. When they become consistent winners, they'll convert a portion of those fairweather attendees. For a while, they'll have to satisfy themselves with being a lot of peoples' "second team," or sideshow. Through the course of time, they'll be making an impression on kids, who are more likely than anyone to form strong allegiances at this point of their lives. It will be okay. There's no doomsday timer. It could take shorter, it could take longer, but there has been, still is, and will be a fanbase in this city. And if we hit a streak of winning seasons, that fanbase will blossom, and if we lose continually, the fanbase will wilt. It's what happens, it's not a special case like some folks seem to think LA must be. It's just franchises.

As for the Raiders, they've done a good job, like the Cowboys, forging and feeding a mystique. I'm not sure I'll ever understand the draw of those teams. In the Raiders' case, it certainly isn't their constant success. They've managed to cultivate an image and personality (or maybe just a color-scheme?) that lots of people identify with, and that's good for them. They're that team, and they're always going to have a following, because of the lingering mythos of an era where their identity meant something to people.

The over-the-top negativity is a bit much to stomach at this point. We know we had a bad season, but there's nothing to be gained by trashing a team where the talent is still high, our roster young and full of potential, and change is coming. If anything, we should be grateful that we're getting a clean break with Fisher earlier than we had cause to hope. Now is a time of looking ahead. The only reason this plash-guy's story deserves to be brought up is to be mocked.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Check out Connor Cook today den....I like him, pretty sure you'll like him too. Denver defense is much better than Houston's....

Nobody attended Cook's birthday, so I'm not so sure and IMO, that Houston defense is pretty damn good.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Nobody attended Cook's birthday, so I'm not so sure and IMO, that Houston defense is pretty damn good.
When people talk about Cook's linemen not liking him, I always think of a line, is it better to be loved than feared? Chicken and the egg if you ask me...Doesn't matter in the end if he can play. Houston defense is good. Denver's defense is great. Much better corners...This game is proof, all that rookie hype stuff...He'll play...and play well. Oakland has a great running game.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I agree Dave, and to those who think LA is anything other than a Ram football town, sorry, think again. Ram loyalty spans generations, and regardless of the town they play in, all Ram fans support their team through the good and excruciatingly bad times. The Rams are the football team in LA. That said, right now they suck, but so do the 49ers. Their stadium was virtually empty the last few games, too. Is the North and South Bay Area becoming a Raider haven? The Raiders have a fan base there, but the answer is NO. As so many have already said here, put a good product on the field and the LA Rams will be noted again like they once were: a top drawing NFL team.

While other LA teams may benefit from the support of a population base exceeding 8 million, the facts are:

Baseball Team: Dodgers not the Angeles
Basketball Team: Lakers not the Clippers
Hockey Team: Kings not the Ducks

Football Team: Rams not Raiders, Chargers, Express, Kiss...

The Raiders to LA becomes a moot conversation if the Chargers exercise their option to move to LA (and everything and everybody seems to point to it)..Sounds to me like Davis is determined to do Vegas...

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
When the Rams stink like 2016 they deserve to be called the Lambs until they stop being blown out by 6-44 margins week in week out. They started 0-28 and ended just as ugly. Goff is NOT the future and Gurley may NEED an all pro Oline just to gain 100 yards again. At this point he’d be a more productive WR averaging 49 yards per game on the ground. Snead SHOULD be gone but he’s not, so it will be up to Snead to fix this. I’m not saying he can’t, but I’m not buying season tickets either. For those who think it doesn’t matter and we “start over” every year, tell me that when the Rams play 7 home games to an empty stadium while the Chargers or Raiders play 8 games plus playoffs to full capacity....IN OUR HOUSE. The Rams are already behind the 8 ball and if they don't fix this fast they will be landlords with a minority fan base in their own city.
The Chargers are a while from multiple playoff berths. They need a significant rebuild...

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah. Gaining a new appreciation for Bernie now. He was at least an apologist for a few years before turning rabid on the Organization.

There's always poor writers. Plaske is a joke & loves to stir the pot.

-- I hate Bernie because of his influence in HOF . I think he is to bias . True homer. I appreciate his passion & views at times.
He does a fair job with the St. Louis Cardinals.

Rambo

UDFA
People like the Raiders name and uniforms. They like the pirate and black color. it makes them seem "gangsta". A lot of their fans are probably gang members.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
I WILL say this. The opening night game on Monday, the bar next to my work was PACKED with Rams fans. People were excited and talking smack to 9ers fans there. It was a great vibe.

Come Week 12's Thursday night game... maybe 1 or 2 Rams fans representing. It was like night and day.

bdfitz

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Exactly. The die hard fans, like me, will always be here but some are missing the point of my post. I don’t agree with Plaschke on all his points and I know he’s just stirring the pot for clicks but it can happen very quickly, especially after a year like this. Most fan bases are not made of of die-hards but most are the band wagon and new fans. I’d hate to see the Chargers or Raiders BACK in LA and to have one of them garner the crowds, ticket sales and throw shade on the Rams. I can’t believe the term “lambs” truly offends anyone. Turn your anger towards the overpaid players and organization that had them laying down on 12 of our last 16 games instead or worrying about a nick name.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'll be the one to just go with the uncomfortable reasons that we all know but nobody really says. Mods feel free to edit if need be.

Raiders are a national brand that was able to capture the attention of black and Latino fans/potential fans, why people act surprised when they have a large following, especially among a city in which the majority fall into that category, is always a little humorous. In Los Angeles, non-Hispanic white's make up 30% of the population, and just under 60% of LA is black or Hispanic. Al Davis was very smart in that he was able to make it so the Raiders were the "default" team for most black or Hispanic people, aided by the rise of gangster rap that unofficially adopted the Raiders as their team.

Raiders are constantly ranked somewhere between 5-10, sometimes in the top 5 in terms of fan bases, and this was largely due to Al Davis embracing those fans when other NFL teams were rejecting them. Other NFL teams were rejecting those fans because they wanted to project a more family friendly environment and all that good stuff, even though most of us understand the real reason being money. The median income of white people is 18 grand more than of Hispanic people, and 24 grand more than Black people, and the Raiders were the only team that said "Hey we can go after less people with more money like all the other teams or we can go after more people with less money".

They'll be in Vegas anyway, so it doesn't matter if he wants them in LA or not, it aint happening.

fearsomefour

Legend
I WILL say this. The opening night game on Monday, the bar next to my work was PACKED with Rams fans. People were excited and talking smack to 9ers fans there. It was a great vibe.

Come Week 12's Thursday night game... maybe 1 or 2 Rams fans representing. It was like night and day.
That is Ca in general.
Win or people don't care. Only possible exceptions are the Dodgers and Lakers.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Exactly. The die hard fans, like me, will always be here but some are missing the point of my post. I don’t agree with Plaschke on all his points and I know he’s just stirring the pot for clicks but it can happen very quickly, especially after a year like this. Most fan bases are not made of of die-hards but most are the band wagon and new fans. I’d hate to see the Chargers or Raiders BACK in LA and to have one of them garner the crowds, ticket sales and throw shade on the Rams. I can’t believe the term “lambs” truly offends anyone. Turn your anger towards the overpaid players and organization that had them laying down on 12 of our last 16 games instead or worrying about a nick name.
Call them Lambs one more fucking time. I dare you.