Rams Game by Game 2018 Predictions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Well, we can have fun right. I think 11-5 might be reality, but this writeup says better, and Ithink it is very doable!

1 10-Sep A Raiders 7:20P
The Raiders have a young defense, missing a corner, and their pass rush
Is not developed yet…but, it is MNF in the hole. It is too close; it also turns
Out to be the best game the Raiders play the whole season.
Rams win 1-0

2 16-Sep H Cardinals 1:05P
Cards defense plays lights out; but, they don’t have 3 good corners, and the Rams seem
To know how to beat them via pass and run with all the right calls. Bradford will
Have his chance to beat the Rams, but doesn’t because he throws too hard. Ohhh, the drama. Suh has a fiery day, butDoesn’t actually sack Bradford.
Rams beat a mediocre Cards O line, but this game is too close for Ram fans and critics alike. This game scares me more than any on the Schedule because they ‘should’ win.

Rams win 2-0

3 23-Sep H Chargers

Rivers knows this is his test; he plays his toughest game in years as he continually gets up off the ground for more gory abuse. “HOFer” is finally thrown his way. Rams do NOT have the juice at OT to handle what the Chargers will throw the Rams way. Jamon Brown plays the first quarter, looks bad, and is pulled. The Rams D puts up a valiant fight, but they can’t make up for the Rams offense being so disjointed.

Rams lose 2-1

4 27-Sep H Vikings

Viking keep Rams offense contained the entire first half, but Rams dominate Vikings O line, and a 6-6 half comes to a close. Rams open 2nd half in no huddle, and fly down the filed; the defense continues to dominate an inaccurate Cousins. Rams get a couple of more FGs and both teams punt a lot. Rams rotate Dline all game long, and plug up everything. Peters and Talib earn the victory.

Rams win a close one 3-1

5 7-Oct A Seahawks

Seattle’s old formula of running and playing tight defense kinda works the
First 4 games, and later Pete realizies he closing in on anti-Fisherhood within the division because he loses all division games this year.. Rams offense
Rams offense does not get in full gear, but Wilson and company are dominated again, and they helplessly bow to the Rams D line. Look helpless against the Rams corners and D line… defense is frisky and well rested after the 10 day break. Sherman sends a tweet during the game to let Pete know he is losing it.

Rams win 4-1

6 14-Oct A Broncos

Rams win this game easily. Talib laughs after the game and thanks them for trading
Him. Case tries valiantly but looks more like the NFCC game QB of last year.

Rams win 5-1

7 21-Oct A 49ers

Garrapano doesn’t do anything special, and 49er defense finds their game for one day.
Ram fans and team surprised that they escape with a victory after watching Rams offense fail to establish anything. Defense comes through with turnovers, and pass rush pounds
JimGarraptino

Rams win 6-1

8 28-Oct H Packers

Packers coming in needing a victory and Rogers almost pulls it off. Ram offense dominates time of possession, and the pack pass rush does nothing. Rams pound the ball to keep Rogers off the field.
Ram win 7-1

9 4-Nov A Saints

Brees and Payton been waiting all year for this. Saints win a classic.
Rams offense looks good, but Saint out game plan the Rams defense, and Rams can’t
Beat the Saints corners consistently. Brees enjoys being young one last time---
Rams lose 7-2

10 11-Nov H Seahawks

Seattle has their best game of the year on offense, but can’t clear 20 points.
Rams defense provides the victory—Pete looks tired, and wonder why his offensive line still has so many holes when playing against the Rams.

Rams win 8-2

11 19-Nov H Chiefs

Mahommes has a very bad day. Sammy gets a lot of targets in the 2nd half, but it just doesn’t work out for him. Ram throw it all over the place. Rams embarrass the Chiefs defense, and they look like the best team in the NFC.
Rams win 9-
13 2-Dec A Lions

Stafford has big day, and so does Goff. Lions look like the better team, but Rams win after their 2 week lay off. Rams stay in town and rest up for the Bears next week—and their top 5 defense.

Rams win 10-2

14 9-Dec A Bears

Bears take it to the Rams the entire first half. Rams are down 17-6. Rams come back to have a great 2nd half after neutralizing the Bears pass rush. 23-20 hard earned victory. Gurley’s screen pass sets up the GW field goal by Ficken.

Rams win 11-2

15 16-Dec H Eagles

Eagles come in needing a victory to stay in the playoff chase. Rams play well and lose because Wentz has a historic game. Wentz is having a mediocre year after his MVP playing ways in 2017---this game the Eagles run trick plays and mediocre WRs beat Talib. Rams fans wonder why Shields didn’t come in. Rams defense can’t handle the run pass balance of the Eagles

Rams lose 11-3

16 23-Dec A Cardinals

Cards are nearing the Wild Card. Brutal game with a lot of guys going down. Rosen plays the best he has played all year. Goff throws 3 interceptions, but Rams win in OT.
Rams win 12-3

17 30-Dec H 49ers

49ers are learning how to run the ball, and come in with a balanced attack. The Rams D makes Garrapafallo look pretty mediocre, again, and the Rams escape with a 3 point victory late in the 4th.

Rams win 13-3

13-3 is very possble with no injuries; but being 6-0 this year against the NFC west doesn't look as doable.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Nice write-up. This season is scary, moreso because we're expected to win.

On paper, our team is SB bound. Lets just hope we live up to expectation.

BTW, you suggested that Ficken scores a winning FG in December, do you foresee Greg getting injured again?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Personally, I think the Rams beat the Chargers, Saints and Eagles. The rest I agree with. :cool:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nice work!

There's always a game or two we think they ought to win, but lose and vice versa... so I don't try game-by-game anymore.

But I will say that, unless there are key injuries or each unit fails to work together, I can't see the Rams winning anything less than 12 games this year.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'll put mine in later tonight using the 16 game four quarters system, like many coaches do.
I know already the Rams need to go no worse than 3-1 thru the first quarter of games.
Sept 10 @Raiders
Sept 16 Cardinals
Sept 23 Chargers
Sept 27 Vikings

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Expecting 11 to 12 wins as well, but we HAVE to start hot and avoid any rust from not playing starters in pre-season! That’s the key for me, start off firing.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
With the personnel and coaching staff we should easily be 13-3 which I have been saying for months. The only games we may not be favoredin is the Eagles and Vikings and probably picked with the Saints.

Ram65

Legend
Nice read.

Early forecasting is hard to do before the season. I do think the Rams will be up there with wins. They do have a lot of tough games so I'm not taking wins for granted. We have't even seen them play as a team with all the new faces on defense and no preseason for the offense. Got to start out fast with a competitive NFC,

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Sept 10 @Raiders
Sept 16 Cardinals
Sept 23 Chargers
Sept 27 Vikings
3-1

2-2
Oct 07 @Seahawks
Oct 14 @Broncos
Oct 21 @49'ers
Oct 28 Packers

3-1
Nov 04 @Saints
Nov 11 Seahawks
Nov 19 Chiefs
Nov 26 BYE
Dec 02 @Lions

4-0
Dec 09 @Bears
Dec 16 Eagles
Dec 23 @Cardinals
Dec 30 49'ers

12-4

Zodi

Hall of Fame
We've got to beat teams like Greenbay, Minnesota, Philly, NOLA, etc if we want to consider ourselves serious contenders imo. Dont really care about the AFC games as much. And we should be able to stomp all over our division this season. I'm not buying the Jimmy G hype. I actually think Arizona is the 2nd best team in this division.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We've got to beat teams like Greenbay, Minnesota, Philly, NOLA, etc if we want to consider ourselves serious contenders imo. Dont really care about the AFC games as much. And we should be able to stomp all over our division this season. I'm not buying the Jimmy G hype. I actually think Arizona is the 2nd best team in this division.
As long as Bradford stays upright and the Oline plays out of their minds, which both have to be true. I say the odds are fantastic that Rosen starts early in the Cards season, which means to me they won't finish in 2nd place.

Jimmy G will get exposed. From the adoration of experts who give him total credit last year for being undefeated as losers in the end, he better go 6-2 or better, or he's bull cr@p.

As for the other teams you mentioned that we must beat, I can't WAIT for us to play and dominate them. It's like having a killer robot in those nerd matches (robot vs robot) and you have this mechanical Suh Donald trick/weapon that no one's ever seen..lol

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
As long as Bradford stays upright and the Oline plays out of their minds, which both have to be true. I say the odds are fantastic that Rosen starts early in the Cards season, which means to me they won't finish in 2nd place.

Jimmy G will get exposed. From the adoration of experts who give him total credit last year for being undefeated as losers in the end, he better go 6-2 or better, or he's bull cr@p.

As for the other teams you mentioned that we must beat, I can't WAIT for us to play and dominate them. It's like having a killer robot in those nerd matches (robot vs robot) and you have this mechanical Suh Donald trick/weapon that no one's ever seen..lol

:LOL:Go to bed, @LoyalRam You’re delirious!

...Wait, so this Suhdonald robot, do you picture it with the tractor tread, kind of a Darth Vadar voice and a Rock’em- Sock’em Robot right jab?...

As for the season prediction, I see 14-2, with a first round bye, losses to Philly and the surprise loss to the Bears.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
:LOL:Go to bed, @LoyalRam You’re delirious!

...Wait, so this Suhdonald robot, do you picture it with the tractor tread, kind of a Darth Vadar voice and a Rock’em- Sock’em Robot right jab?...

As for the season prediction, I see 14-2, with a first round bye, losses to Philly and the surprise loss to the Bears.
I see 14-2, but the last loss will be versus the Niners, because McVay will rest starters unless there is something to play for..

...and of course the Suh-Donald robot has tread!

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree,me too on AZ as 2nd best team in division.

The Ramowl

Starter
I don't think we will win out the division, I would guess we lose one to the Seahawks or the 49ers.
Someone will pull a Fisher on us and win a sluggish game that will leave us frustrated.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think we will win out the division, I would guess we lose one to the Seahawks or the 49ers.
Someone will pull a Fisher on us and win a sluggish game that will leave us frustrated.
I normally would agree with you, but I think this is a different year and the Rams are a special team. The only loss we will have in the division will be another loss to the Niners for the same reason (resting starters in Week 17)

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I am trying to slow my roll a little and prepare myself for scenarios that include things not going our way....

On paper, I see a team capable of achieving greatness. 14-2 would not surprise me at all.
But I think the odds are that at some point this team will meet some real adversity and the perfect laid plans get tossed out the window. I also think that we have the talent and coaching to find a way to get through it and I dont believe the NFC West will be too difficult to win. I expect the other 3 nfcw teams to be struggling much more than some of the heads do.
So in the end, I expect the Rams to survive their adversity, get a little luck and close out a weak division and get in the playoffs and click at the right time to win it all.

See, I am tempering my expectations! 11 - 5 and a Lombardi.