Rams discussing Tre'Davious White's future with him

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Hope we can get more than a pick swap for him, not sure what the market looks like but I wont miss him.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
would rather keep him as depth than trade him for a 6th and 7th round pick swap. (Rams giving up the 6th)

Last edited:

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He has not been effective. So I don't see why anyone would give up anything for him.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
This is a cap move. They have no room, about $2.9M and he could open up a little breathing room. Plus, looking at OTC, his contract increases in value if he plays over 60% of the snaps. Could reach over $8.5M if that 60% threshold is reached. They won't let that happen.

1000004762.jpg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He has not been effective. So I don't see why anyone would give up anything for him.
Yeah the guys been a healthy gameday inactive and lost his job to 2 rookie udfa. We are unlikely to get anything for him.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Well yeah, from the Rams' pov, it probably makes sense to keep him as an insurance policy.

But take a look from Tre's pov. He's trying to make a comeback and he's got pay incentives linked to play time. If dude is stapled to the Rams' bench for the rest of the year, he's losing out on cash and he's probably someone's training camp invitee, at best, next season. Shoot, he might have played his last down. He's an accomplished veteran. He probably wants a shot to play and prove himself to the League. While it may look like he's been a "healthy" scratch, has he been, in his mind, or is he still getting back?

I like to think that moving Tre is the Rams doing right for the player - which is a good move in the long term, imo.

Or not.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
I’d move TreWhite and Jonah Jackson. Often injured players will never be the same, (see Joe Noteboom).

The best ability is availability.

Let’s trade them while there’s still some value and do right for the players.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I’d move TreWhite and Jonah Jackson. Often injured players will never be the same, (see Joe Noteboom).

Almost impossible to move Jonah Jackson now because of the salary cap implications.

Right now, Jackson counts $13.7M against the Rams' 2024 Salary Cap.
Per OTC, if Jackson is traded now, his cap hit actually INCREASES to $17M.

It's very difficult to move a player in the first year of a big contract.

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
Well yeah, from the Rams' pov, it probably makes sense to keep him as an insurance policy.

But take a look from Tre's pov. He's trying to make a comeback and he's got pay incentives linked to play time. If dude is stapled to the Rams' bench for the rest of the year, he's losing out on cash and he's probably someone's training camp invitee, at best, next season. Shoot, he might have played his last down. He's an accomplished veteran. He probably wants a shot to play and prove himself to the League. While it may look like he's been a "healthy" scratch, has he been, in his mind, or is he still getting back?

I like to think that moving Tre is the Rams doing right for the player - which is a good move in the long term, imo.

Or not.
Can’t agree with your assessment. Rams gave him a chance when there was little interest in him. It was a risky sign with him coming off serious injuries. They structured the contract accordingly. Tre simply couldn’t keep up his end of the deal. They both gambled and it’s looking like a failure. Rams are solidifying their secondary and mitigating expenses on Tre’s contract by limiting his options to collect additional money for just being active. Tre could come up with a settlement request and ask for a release. Rams are trying to find him a home. It’s a performance based profession. If you don’t perform you don’t play. Hopefully they will find a suitor or come to an agreement where he could request his own release. Older players ( especially those coming off major injuries) fall of a cliff overnight DB’s who lose their speed are either moved to safety or cut. White isn’t big enough to play safety.

dang

Legend

I wouldn’t mind seeing what the AJax-JJax-Avila-Dotson-Hav OL could do for our run game. Imagine what 150+ yards per game between KW and Corum could do to open up the pass game especially in red zone.

Last edited:

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
I hope he stays. I believe he's still got it he just had a tough start and he looks rusty. That's not to say maybe his injury is holding him back a bit. Who knows.