Rams Cowboys Scrimmage 08/14/24

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Thanks a lot for this write up! Glad to hear Stafford looked fine. Very glad to hear that defense looks unstoppable.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice info, thanks for the write up. Happy to see jet sweeps being used again with Whittington... that dude is going to be the swiss army knife McVay hasn't had since Woods left. He's going to do everything.
Huge talent and great attitude. Was even making plays on special teams yesterday.

I think all the beat reporters might be right in their thinking that McVay will probably shelve him for the rest of the preseason.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks a lot for this write up! Glad to hear Stafford looked fine. Very glad to hear that defense looks unstoppable.
Yeah I didn’t think anything other then wanting to get the other guys some more reps when I saw Stafford on the sideline, until I got home and started reading things.

The defense did look unstoppable yesterday but with a caveat...

Without Ceedee Lamb their WR group is thin at best. Cooks as the #1? Jalen Tolbert, Flournoy, Cropper? And not sure what the Cowboys are thinking going in to the season With Dowdle and Zeke as their 1-2 punch.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Auto correct must have been downing those beers when I was trying to see what was happening on the far field. But at 10 bucks a pop! I better check to see if my phone was accessing my bank account.
Autocorrect is rough.
I wouldn’t put it past him.

It made the post that much more fun, though.
Great job. That was a lot to report

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan

Kyren Williams in Newton second Street in Christo Chimi cheese QB cup on ice runs in the Rezza one off taco left her in the outside light for about 10 minutes I am Steve holding up well against the run in the red zone

Dickheadz off right this comes her all the way around for me to your game

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Defenses can be so volatile.

Our 2018 defense was better than our 2017 defense in personnel, but that didn't show up until the playoffs.

2021 was better than 2020 - especially once Miller was added. Also didn't show until the playoffs.

2023 was supposed to be horrifically bad, but it wasn't too far behind 2022 and in some ways was better.

As good as Aaron Donald is, is he better than Verse, Fiske, Darious Williams, White, Curl and Kinchens combined? Absolutely not.

Raheem was solid for us, but never helmed an "elite" defense, though he inherited one.

I think is a virtual lock that this defense is significantly better than last years.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Defenses can be so volatile.

Our 2018 defense was better than our 2017 defense in personnel, but that didn't show up until the playoffs.

2021 was better than 2020 - especially once Miller was added. Also didn't show until the playoffs.

2023 was supposed to be horrifically bad, but it wasn't too far behind 2022 and in some ways was better.

As good as Aaron Donald is, is he better than Verse, Fiske, Darious Williams, White, Curl and Kinchens combined? Absolutely not.

Raheem was solid for us, but never helmed an "elite" defense, though he inherited one.

I think is a virtual lock that this defense is significantly better than last years.
The opposing Oline will not be able to triple team someone without someone else getting to the QB. That is an improvement. The safeties with Curl, Kinchens are improved. The Corners with White and Williams are improved. Anybody paying attention would agree with you.