Rams couldn't be more committed to Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
By Dan Arkush
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/0 ... o-bradford

logo.gif

You can forget the recent rumors suggesting that the Rams might be thinking about trading Sam Bradford.

"That wouldn't be an option," new Rams head coach Jeff Fisher said without hesitation at the NFL Scouting Combine. "I think I share the same opinion with most of the personnel people and coaches in the league that evaluated him. He's an outstanding person. Very, very talented athletically. And he's got a great future in this league. He's a very, very good player. And we have to do whatever we can to surround him with good people."

Fisher was asked how big a problem it might be that Brian Schottenheimer will be Bradford's third different offensive coordinator in three seasons.

"Last year was difficult considering the circumstances," Fisher said of Bradford's stint under Josh McDaniels, New England's new offensive coordinator despite his very disappointing showing in the same capacity with the Rams in 2011. "He was very productive, I think, in Year One. I expect him to settle in now with Brian, and I think they'll work real well together. We're just kind of anxious to get started. We have some restrictions and some limitations, and we have to wait a while. But I know both of them are looking forward to getting started."

New Rams GM Les Snead, who also remains steadfastly behind Bradford, was asked by PFW if a comparison could be made between Bradford and fellow former first-round draft pick Matt Ryan, whom Snead became very familiar with as the Falcons' director of player personnel before coming on board with the Rams.

"I thought both of them when they were coming out were franchise quarterbacks," Snead told PFW. "They have some different physical skills. The one thing I do know about Sam now is, that very similar to Matt Ryan, he's passionate about football. That usually leads to being a workaholic.

"That's what you want your quarterback to be. He's in on Tuesday when everybody else is off. He's a leader. You say teams win championships, individuals don't. That's something I learned from Atlanta. I think Sam's a team player. He wants to sacrifice for himself to make the team better. Those are the qualities that take you from your physical skills to a franchise quarterback."