PREGAME Rams at Seahawks Pregame Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Re Bruss being called a bust:
Unintelligent or clairvoyant? All I know is I am neither. What I will say is I believe the Rams have handled him correctly from day one.
1) he was drafted and put into action immediately in a battle for a starting job at RG.
2) seeing that he needed work and would not be starting, he was thrown into the preseason games with a big workload—not just a couple series.
3) he looked bad and then got hurt.
4) the Rams once again gave him a good sized workload because he was a year behind and didn’t look great the last time around. They knew he required some development.
5) the shift to RT was to expedite the process because he was more comfortable there and there would be less competition.
6) based on his performance and injuries over his first two camps, he was destined to be sent to the PS to develop.
7) he was hurt again, which factored into the decision to cut him.
He would be more likely to clear waivers than somebody the Rams wanted to protect.

Noteboom, Jackson, Anchrum, Allen, Shelton—none of those guys started right away or even saw substantial playing time, except maybe Noteboom. His play, albeit unimpressive so far, does not bother me as much as his injuries. Those are time off the field. It’s hard to better that way.

oldnotdead

Legend
I think if I was in Seattle I'd be concerned about Smith. Geno has played at a high level before so that really didn't surprise me. The problem with him is he can string a career together after he does. It would be more surprising to see Geno pick up where he left off and even to build off of last season, something he hasn't done in his professional career. The same can be said about Locke. When Drew plays well he's very good. But then he simply can't sustain that level of play. If Geno can't build off of last year the Seahawks are toast and will end up 3rd in the division.

Geno is a take what is given QB so don't give him anything easy. That is how you stop Seattle's offense. With Metcalf and Locke it's easier said than done. But Seattle is not my concern. At worst I see a season split with them.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Think the Rams keeping 4 TE's means a good use of 12 personnel this season. Can also see a lot of heavy sets with 6 OLinemen. Give the defense much more to prepare for.

oldnotdead

Legend
By playing Puka in the slot you have essentially a TE playing the position. Puka showed in college he can block. Remember TEs run a modified Y route tree. By playing Puka they can use him inline or on routes and the D can't tell what to expect.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
was gonna add, what a colassal find if A. Jackson is the real deal at Left Tackle, and his playing weight is 330.
train
NFL site has his weight listed at 285. That is really light for a left tackle in today's NFL. I figured it must be wrong. But ESPN and wiki has it at 285 too. AT 6'7" that would be pretty lean. I guess he would be more agile against speed rushers, but I have to wonder about his run blocking at that weight.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Think the Rams keeping 4 TE's means a good use of 12 personnel this season. Can also see a lot of heavy sets with 6 OLinemen. Give the defense much more to prepare for.

I’m sure that’s what they would like to do as long as the score doesn’t get out of hand. They also need to find their next Higbee by next year. I really like the rookie Allen and would like to see him get some real game reps as the season progresses.

nighttrain

Legend
NFL site has his weight listed at 285. That is really light for a left tackle in today's NFL. I figured it must be wrong. But ESPN and wiki has it at 285 too. AT 6'7" that would be pretty lean. I guess he would be more agile against speed rushers, but I have to wonder about his run blocking at that weight.
285 was when Jackson was in the hospital recovering from a blood disorder, he's back up to 330 and ready to play
train

oldnotdead

Legend
This is a big OL with Allen at 6'2" 303lbs the "little guy" in the middle.

Stafford is going to be playing behind some beef. It's why I think Matt will have time to cook this year.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bruss is where he needs to be. I have no issue on how they handled him this year, last year, might have been too much pressure to put in a kid being asked to be a starter for a Super Bowl winning team replacing someone like Corbett, who was so solid all the way around.

In the end, I look at Zach Thomas, the Rams poached him off the Bears practice squad as Thomas was a 6th round pick out of San Diego State. Thomas outplayed Bruss so it's like a 6th outplayed a 3rd and that is fine by me and applaud the Rams for making the right call.
I don't know Den, Avila will play on day one and hasn't looked like a dumpster fire like Bruss. I have no problem with Bruss on the practice squad.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cut slack to fans but not players like the site rules say got it. I find it best to ignore people most of the time they aren't worth the waste of keystrokes but sometimes reading stupid gets the best of me.
dang bruh, you are already in regular season mode before the first GDT or Vent thread!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
dang bruh, you are already in regular season mode before the first GDT or Vent thread!
You know better than me participating in the vent threads :) Either the one during the game or the dozen made after it.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
3981152_0.jpg

So, 5 years ago, Petey's RCBP team put up 273 rushing yards against the Rams . . . and lost.
Last year, Team RCBP put up 197 rushing yards against the Rams and couldn't win it in regulation.

Predicting RCBP gets over 200 rushing yards against the Rams this game, but not predicting anything else yet.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
In a Seattle week w/o any rain....
apparently the RCBP have ordered rain for Sunday - though it should end by game time....

1693775941886.png

forecast subject to change. :woozy2:

TexasRam

Legend
I think if I was in Seattle I'd be concerned about Smith. Geno has played at a high level before so that really didn't surprise me. The problem with him is he can string a career together after he does. It would be more surprising to see Geno pick up where he left off and even to build off of last season, something he hasn't done in his professional career. The same can be said about Locke. When Drew plays well he's very good. But then he simply can't sustain that level of play. If Geno can't build off of last year the Seahawks are toast and will end up 3rd in the division.

Geno is a take what is given QB so don't give him anything easy. That is how you stop Seattle's offense. With Metcalf and Locke it's easier said than done. But Seattle is not my concern. At worst I see a season split with them.
Geno putting together a full season playing at a high level is pretty convincing evidence that he has turned the corner. It’s not like he only had a few good games.

He never got a shot after his first 2 years, and six years watching appears to have been what he needed to figure it out.

Last year he showed some high level consistent accuracy and pocket mobility to keep playing at a top level in my opinion.

I mean, he will need a surrounding cast, but he does have that right now.

Memphis Ram

Legend
With or without Kupp, the Rams should be able to score some points and keep the game interesting. Maybe even pull out a victory. That is, if Stafford and McVay are as good as advertised.

TexasRam

Legend
Personally I think with Kupp this is a game we could pull out with the week1 glitches that every team deals with.

Without Kupp are chances aren’t great.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Wow that's a huge swing in weight.:sur:
I believe that weight loss was when he went on a Vegan diet to get in better shape. He stopped doing it soon after and his weight went back up. When you see that waist line these last 2 years on the field, you know he isn't anywhere near 290lbs. He's a big boy for sure

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Personally I think with Kupp this is a game we could pull out with the week1 glitches that every team deals with.

Without Kupp are chances aren’t great.

One thing about the Rams/seahawks games is they tend to play each other tough—regardless of who is supposed to be or ends up being better that year. The Rams played them down to the wire both games last year with everybody out.

This is doable. The Rams really need to steal this one.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
If you are playing in Seattle then week 1 is probably as good as it gets weather wise. The crowd is a problem especially if they get up early but in Stafford we have a QB who shouldn’t be fazed. Rams to go 1 - 0 with McVay showing why he is the best coach in the NFC