Rams at Bears SNF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
11-2 guys. Still can't be mad at that record.

Dude I don't think anyone is upset at being 11-2 it's more frustrating that we have to keep pace with the effin saints ....it's actually annoying I'd handle a loss a lot better had they lost today or they were in general a 10-3 team or anything but of course the Rams are 11-1 and we have to have the saints be right there and have beaten us to boot.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
This is the same thing that happened to the Saints. Dominant defense beats a great offense on the road most of the time.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Collinsworth brought up a valid point and something i thought about a week ago. The Rams run so much play action that when it's become obvious that they aren't running it at all...it's a wasted fool strategy. A smart defense (Chicago) will just ignore the play action and tee off on the QB.

Rams can't afford to ignore the run if they're going to run everything through play action.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Everyone clammering for runs and jet sweeps because we've done so well in the plays we have run thr ball

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
That pick by Johnson should have changed the game. Instead Chicago took advantage by getting a turnover themselves. Just seems like we didn’t come to play at all. No quick snaps, not a lot of motion. I know this happens and you’re not gunna win every game but we need to find a way to move the ball against great defenses. Because if this is any preview for the playoffs, we won’t get very far.

…..

Legend
McVay weak in red zone, wastes time outs, relies on pass way too much - and keeps calling passes even more when it's not working, keeps making same mistakes and giving same explanation. Add a bunch of turnovers and we have Mike Martz.
At times it can appear like that but I prefer to say that these guys with genius offensive tendencies seem to out think themselves at times. The end result is more strange timeouts, appearing confusion, and a game now and then that is completely out of sorts.

Two good plays is all it takes to set a rythem. So I hold hope at all times.

Q729

Legend
Our worst offense performances are always without jet sweeps
McVay just needs to have an alternative. Maybe he's hoping everyone forgets about them so he can pull them out in the playoffs.

Ram77

Rookie
Its ok. We goin 14-2. Id rather lose this game and have no major injuries than win and come out with an injury to a major player.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
We need a big play over the top to woods or at least a PI in our favor.. too bad refs wearing a C on their hats too

Mick

Pro Bowler
We keep running plays out of that same bunched formation...no WR out wide of the numbers....

KayJay

Starter
Collinsworth brought up a valid point and something i thought about a week ago. The Rams run so much play action that when it's become obvious that they aren't running it at all...it's a wasted fool strategy. A smart defense (Chicago) will just ignore the play action and tee off on the QB.

Rams can't afford to ignore the run if they're going to run everything through play action.
Agreed, the problem is Gurley and the line has struggled. I think we did abandon the run a little too early. But damn Goff and Gurley are pure synergy at this point. Balance was our best weapon. The Bears defense is just too damn good. Its made us one dimensional and made Goff's pocket non existent. We lost our advantage altogether.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75

That's why a lot of us are a little frustrated with the lack of run calls ....sometimes you have to just force the run to at least wear them down. Especially since we have a back who can create so much and the fact that our offense is based on what you and the announcers just said.