Rams Assistant Coach of the Year? Discussion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Then I thought about Adam Timmerman, but while he was the best until now, the more I think about it, you're right.

It's funny, this team has never had a good history with FAs.

Timmerman was right up there too, he was the first domino to fall that led to the signing of Trent Green and then the trade of Marshall Faulk and that signing was shocking that Timmerman would leave a franchise like the Packers for the Rams somewhat similar to Whitworth, but really liked Jay Gruden and knew McVay through Gruden and thus the signing became possible.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I must say that McVay has done a magnificent job in his asst coaching hires to a man. Excellence at every position group, no question.

Didn't McVay let Phillips (SoB) make his own defensive hires and assemble his own staff?

I'd like to know how involved Snead was because he is well connected and is a deal maker. I just have to wonder how much he and McVay worked together to go after the target list.

Something had to happen, because it's not like they just went out and bought the staff with stupid high priced contracts, at least I didn't read about anything like that.

@CGI_Ram we should get Snead on here for a chat, we need answers!!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Barnes was in fact cut by the Rams clearing $3 million in cap space, incidentally he was cut exactly a year after signing a 2 year contract. He was then signed to a 1 year deal about 2 months later with the Niners. They then cut him in September then resigned him late in November. FYI

Thanks- didn’t know the dates & he resigned with Niners after being cut.

My point was how fast The Rams coaching staff got rid of the garbage by cleaning house.

InLwYs stated that as long as RB Reynolds was on The Rams they would be losers

To that point I always thought the talent level was like Fisher said, an above 7-9 team.

McVay & staff ( Snead & scouts as well) really upgraded the roster. A big plus was Sammy Watkins by showing they want to keep upgrading.

The biggest set back early was the Aaron Donald hold out. I’m sure in a sense might have cost The RMs a game ? The other part of it though he came in healthy & has plYed an elite level.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If there anyone on our coaching staff that isn't awesome?

Not really, no.

And THAT is the McVay Effect.
At least that seems like the most reasonable way to explain how every single Rams Coach could be awesome all at once.

What do they have in common?
the same boss.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Is there any doubt that it is Aaron Kromer?
Goff never has a chance to settle down and consistently scan the field without having the confidence in his O line.
That offense has no chance to look anywhere near that good without that O line looking so good.

Kromer all day long.

Ram65

Legend
All the assistant coaches have done a great job.
http://www.therams.com/team/coaches.html

The best known is Aaron Kromer who deserves lots of praise for the offensive line coming together. It was touch and go early in preseason with Brown and Hav. Moving them back and forth from OG to OT could have been a nice learning experience. They aren't pro bowlers but, are much improved.

Yarber
Pete
Pleasant

All have done a very good job.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
When you consider that one upgrade from Boudreau to Kromer?
Nothing has had more of an impact on this team than that.

( other than Sean McVay of course )

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Great point and I feel that was a number's game more than talent as Donnal was not 100% yet, however, the Rams do have two Offensive Linemen on the Practice squad in Jake Eldrenkamp & Aaron Neary also last season was a bad year for offensive linemen so I believe that factored in....Presently IMO, Darrel Williams plays a much better OLT than ORT. He was a Left Tackle at USF and at RT does not seem as natural. Cornelius Lucas is also on the roster although he has not been active for any game this season.

I will be interested to see what happens next year as with three 6th round selections, IMO, two of those selections could be offensive linemen. Also @So Ram you bring up another good point as to the durability of the OL and Strength & Conditioning Coach Ted Rath has also been a major upgrade to the staff IMHO, no offense to former S&C Coach Rock Gullickson, but the addition of Rath and his assistants in Edward Grayer & Blair Wagner has also had a major impact on this team.

Was it just a matter of time with Roger Saffold? He has been playing so well.
Will see what happens with those guys you mentioned from practice squad ??

Even if not called up will get first team reps this week ?