Rams are best at 11 Personnel ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
I would be surprised if we see a lot of Henderson and Gurley on the field together. Someone has to block. The Saint's got away from having the two back sets. The Jet sweep will be good with Henderson. Some quick screens too with Gurley in the backfield. About 5 or 6 times a game. Could be wrong but, I think Henderson comes in after Gurley wears them down.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would be surprised if we see a lot of Henderson and Gurley on the field together. Someone has to block. The Saint's got away from having the two back sets. The Jet sweep will be good with Henderson. Some quick screens too with Gurley in the backfield. About 5 or 6 times a game. Could be wrong but, I think Henderson comes in after Gurley wears them down.

My thought is that there will be times where the Rams only have two receivers, to give them some rest. Still have a TE, and at least much of the time either Gurley, Henderson, or Brown will end up splitting out as a receiver - just which one, and where, will be unpredictable.

Ram65

Legend
My thought is that there will be times where the Rams only have two receivers, to give them some rest. Still have a TE, and at least much of the time either Gurley, Henderson, or Brown will end up splitting out as a receiver - just which one, and where, will be unpredictable.

I'm not sure what the advantage is with Gurley, Henderson or Brown split out over one of the WRs. When the Rams drafted Everett I thought he would be playing more as a move TE in a 12 personnel set but, McVay went 11 personnel. Seemed like Everett in 12 P would have given the Rams an advantage with the ability to run or pass. Woods and Kupp are very solid blockers which allows McVay to still run or pass out of the 11 P group. I just don't see an advantage of a RB splitting outside other than smoke screens and jet sweeps. Everett seems more a mismatch and valuable as the move piece to me.

It's fun to speculate what McVay will do.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not sure what the advantage is with Gurley, Henderson or Brown split out over one of the WRs. When the Rams drafted Everett I thought he would be playing more as a move TE in a 12 personnel set but, McVay went 11 personnel. Seemed like Everett in 12 P would have given the Rams an advantage with the ability to run or pass. Woods and Kupp are very solid blockers which allows McVay to still run or pass out of the 11 P group. I just don't see an advantage of a RB splitting outside other than smoke screens and jet sweeps. Everett seems more a mismatch and valuable as the move piece to me.

It's fun to speculate what McVay will do.

Different looks. The RBs have different styles, and they won't know which one will be running, and again a receiver coming out of the backfield, either to the left or to the right, is a different look, which makes it easier to get a mismatch.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I can already just about see a dozen articles trumpeting Wentz vs McVay.
LOL, that would be funny.....I think people can't deny Goff is already an elite thrower; next will be elite thinking...and then 15 year run of playoffs every year he is healty.... :)