Rams announce rookie jersey numbers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rams-announce-rookie-jersey-numbers-233045197.html

Rams announce rookie jersey numbers: Tutu Atwell to wear 15, Robert Rochell takes 31​

Cameron DaSilva
Fri, May 7, 2021, 7:30 PM·1 min read

The Los Angeles Rams announced jersey numbers for their 2021 draft class on Friday, revealing what digits each of their nine rookies will wear in the NFL. No rookie took a single-digit number, nor did any of them take advantage of the league’s loosened rules on jersey number restrictions.
Here are the numbers each rookie will wear in 2021.

WR Tutu Atwell: 15
  • LB Ernest Jones: 50
  • DL Bobby Brown III: 95
  • CB Robert Rochell: 31
  • TE Jacob Harris: 87
  • DE Earnest Brown IV: 90
  • RB Jake Funk: 34
  • WR Ben Skowronek: 81
  • OLB Chris Garrett: 48
So as you probably noticed, Rochell will be wearing the number Darious Williams has worn with the Rams. That means Williams will be switching his number, potentially to a single digit thanks to the NFL’s new rule. Williams wore No. 1 at UAB, so that could be an option.
Funk took Malcolm Brown’s old number after he left to join the Dolphins as a free agent. Skowronek will wear Gerald Everett’s number, while Garrett is taking Travin Howard’s number. Ernest Jones will wear Samson Ebukam’s vacated number, as well.

We’ll have to wait and see what numbers Williams and Howard choose.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I sort of feel like we should have retired 81 by now.

I hope Skowronek can do it justice, but Torry is probably going to be going into the Hall in the next few years (assuming they don't keep snubbing him), so if he does we'd retire it then right?

I didn't mind Everett, but he didn't live up to it either.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I sort of feel like we should have retired 81 by now.

I hope Skowronek can do it justice, but Torry is probably going to be going into the Hall in the next few years (assuming they don't keep snubbing him), so if he does we'd retire it then right?

I didn't mind Everett, but he didn't live up to it either.

I'll never forget when that stiff from Cincinnati picked 81 as his jersey number and a few weeks later commented in an interview that a lot of people around the city were wearing his number. The clown.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Not sure who you are even talking about here.

Mardy Gilyard, drafted him in the 4th round back in 2010 (the Bradford draft) and he gave us 63 yards and was cut the next year... His career total is 78 yards after 5 years in the NFL.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mardy Gilyard, drafted him in the 4th round back in 2010 (the Bradford draft) and he gave us 63 yards and was cut the next year... His career total is 78 yards after 5 years in the NFL.

that's the one. maybe he should have played in the nfl with a blindfold permanently over his eyes.