Rams 2021 Defensive Back 7 ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Let’s talk defensive back 7 ?

I think the KEY to The RAMs defense is
RAMS HIGH PRICED FA
Leonard Floyd is a special player.He can be in the front 7 or the back 7

The Rams have a bunch of depth,but without Troy Hill & JJ43 it still adds a
big void.

If you watch a lot of Rams games you see all the different packages and player personnel. Making Jalen RAMsey
such a special player as well.

dang

Legend
IMO Hill can be replaced this year by a FA. Johnson won’t be replaced this year so more pressure on the QB on passing downs is needed. I think that comes from combination of Lewis and OLB Draft pick. Hollins and Oko are probably just good depth.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
IMO Hill can be replaced this year by a FA. Johnson won’t be replaced this year so more pressure on the QB on passing downs is needed. I think that comes from combination of Lewis and OLB Draft pick. Hollins and Oko are probably just good depth.

more LBers than DB’s ?’

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Rams starting Defensive back 7 are already on the roster.

Only possible exception would be if Rams draft either a stud CB that seizes nickel spot OR if they break tradition and grab a stud ILB that starts as a rookie over Kiser, Reeder, and all the others not named Howard.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Only possible exception would be if Rams draft either a stud CB that seizes nickel spot OR if they break tradition and grab a stud ILB that starts as a rookie over Kiser, Reeder, and all the others not named Howard.

Agree - only from the beginning of the season.Who those players are will also makes a difference.Rotation wise The Rams are okay.

what about Kenny Young ? Is he a starter in 2021 ? Who are the LB’s out there that can make The Rams roster better.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
We still have Fuller so I don't think our safeties will drop to the levels of the Rapp/Weddle tandem. Johnson was important but he's not Jamal Adams or Earl Thomas. He have had the worst hands because he dropped a couple of picks. I think Burgess is more than capable in the 2nd deep safety roll.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Adding T. Lewis to this thread. He will fit in with Jalen RAMsey. Weather anyone wants to see it,it comes down to asking a player to much.Like Morgan Fox.I see him playing a 5/6 on defense .Meaning on passing downs he can cover short while Floyd rushes. He is a bull when it comes to a delayed blitz.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Tyler Rapp , Nick Scott & David Long were all drafted for 2021 to replace both Hill & JJ.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

I think Kenny Young is extremely underrated as a ILB. The Rams have 3 guys listed as ILB.He is the one not mentioned out of Kiser & Reeder.He took a lot of snaps & had a couple really nice games.I’ve been a KY HATER
,but he shows a lot of promise.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Honestly, I think Long improves this year. And if he doesn't you still have Burgess who looked very good in limited snaps.

So long as Ramsey stays healthy, we'll have a dominant back seven.

dang

Legend
I think Kenny Young is extremely underrated as a ILB. The Rams have 3 guys listed as ILB.He is the one not mentioned out of Kiser & Reeder.He took a lot of snaps & had a couple really nice games.I’ve been a KY HATER
,but he shows a lot of promise.
My recollection is he was a liability against the run. But as I get older I can’t recollect like I used to.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I posted the David Long before the post that’s flying around.Posting the Depth Chart after the 2021 draft.I like the Rochelle pick.He will learn a lot from Jalen RAMsey.

My question on this depth chart is Burgess.When I saw that injury against Da Bears it looked bad.He got rolled up on.He body had no place to go & a 300# O’line on top of him.He was squaring up to make the tackle.Could have been the DB,but still his legs were stuck from under him.

The Rams first game is against Da Bears. Wonder if he will be healthy? It was around mid/season.

—Just to answer my own question.
He will be 100!!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Good news bad news you decide ?
Robert Rochelle is REALLY RAW.Name fitting RR!!
Tre Lance to me is going to be a bust? At least early.He has a long way to go & his body as a QB is not prototypical for The NFL.Everyone has there views.

View: https://youtu.be/WhTekd2qDj8

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
My take of Robert Rochelle is he doesn’t see ball well & doesn’t tackle well.He is not that willing of a tackler & gets behind the blocker instead of coming up & getting around the WR.
So to me he has bad instincts.
He has good one on one skills & measurables .I won’t say he doesn’t have the skills to do it. He is just REALLY RAW(RR) .
I like David Long especially going into his 3rd season.He also is one of the youngest players still.He is just a little younger(both 23) & 1 lb heavier than RR!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Probably. that’s why we need someone like Brian Poole for 1-2 years.

What is your take on J.R. Reed ??

Deont’e Deayon could have added weight.

Burgees should be healthy & is a veteran type at a young age.He can
be moved around.I’d say from play to play,match up to match up he will(can) win when put in a positive place.
Rochelle is going to have to play special teams & be a willing Tackler.He will be put in those situations. —In that game against Tre Lance he got a DUMB Personal foul called on him,because he got schooled & frustrated.
At what point don’t you know Tre Lance is not going to run it & you want to HIT HIM !!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Ernest Jones ??

View: https://youtu.be/B6Ib4nvKVIU