Question: Which Ram vet will most benefit from this new coaching staff?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm leaning toward the younger O-Linemen who've been drafted in the last 4 seasons -- Havenstein, J. Brown, Wichmann, and Donnal. Flashback to Tom Mack's comments from this year's OTA's -- these guys are getting proper coaching on technique; something that seemed to be overlooked by the previous regime.

I'm optimistic that we'll see an improvement over last year, where they couldn't protect the QB or open holes for the running game.

I think Jared Goff because of the offensive line & players The Rams have brought in to help. 0-7 & 30th ranked offensive.Getting first team reps is going to be huge.

Getting rid of Greg Robinson changes to culture.More positive vibe now !! Embarrassing draft pick. I think he still has talent, but wasn't going to workout in LA.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Micheal Brockers came up as I pondered. MB has for the most part sacrificed much of his many talents while playing in the Williams defense as the main enabler to Aaron Donald star. From all that I have read & can possibly understand of the Wade plan ......Brockers will no longer have the primary objective to play a position that makes a care giver to AD & hampers him from being a dynamic force in this defense. IMO MB has been playing out of position @ NT.

MB who has played up towards 330 pounds is now down close to 300 pounds. Playing NT in the Williams D has caused his game stats to suffer,his outstanding overall multiple DL talents to be cloaked & for the injuries to multiply under the constant HD double teamed battering. Wade is sure to finally uncloak "The Brock" this season where he will be seen in all 3 DL posts(5-Tech/NT/3-Tech) MB best 2 DL positions in the NFL would be the 3 Tech & the 5-Tech positions in a 34 Defense. Something none of us has seen from this only 26 yr old DL'er. MB will make an immediate impact

Last edited:

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lots of great answers, so far.

Special credit to shawnpinney for suggesting Saffold.

And to BonifayRam for suggesting Brockers.

Both made good cases and both made good catches.

Can't believe I missed both of those fine candidates. Doh!

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I'm gonna say Mo Alexander moving to SS in a more simple, yet proven scheme. He should be able to use his physicality around the box and his improving cover skills should help him against TEs and WRs.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Defense.

I elect Robert Quinn. Quinn's past asset was bending around the edge to get the QB. He also uses the tomahawk chop to create fumbles. His only problem is a bad back. In the new 3-4 defense Quinn can rush and use both his edge bending and his quickness to create havoc in the offenses back field. He also can use his speed move around and attack from different angles. Quinn has the option to rush from a standing position or with his hand in the dirt. It all could help take a little pressure off his back. Quinn gets back to his glory days with the new coaches.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcLccrTlITM

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROeqRbEpBVc

I'm with you on this one. After seeing what Wade did with DeMarcus Ware in Denver, I think Robert Quinn can easily put up the same numbers (if healthy).

As for the offense, just about everyone will benefit from McVay. Fisher just couldn't adjust from his old-school mentality.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
IMO, this coaching staff, as a whole, is better than any other coaching staff we've had over the past decade, so I would think every player who played under Fisher's staff should benefit. This season should tell us if prior problems were due to lack of coaching or the lack of player talent. I stated in the past it probably was a combination of both. I also say great coaches can "coach-up" lesser talent, whereas poor coaches can't. I also believe we will see even more roster changes in the next couple seasons too.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff by a landslide. Boras at OC was like having the fry station kid at McDonalds running our offense. But now Goff has a young offensive student and teacher of offensive football calling the shots. It's a damn windfall for him.

Runner up is Higbee. McVay is an elite TE coach and he's also directing and calling the offense. If Tyler does the work, watch out.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm going to go with Lamarcus Joyner. He's finally at a position where he can excel in free safety. Not that he couldn't excel at nickel cornerback, but his hard hitting and coverage are finally at a place where he can make use of both of them.

Don't be surprised if he puts up a monster year.