QB evaluator’s thoughts on the draftable QBs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I like Klassan, seems very clear about what he likes and doesn't like about prospects. Will have to listen.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Sure looking like it's gonna go Williams, Daniels, Maye as first three with Maye going to Pat.

I now feel like Maye sucks. I've changed my thoughts on him completely! His processing isn't good. His footwork is terrible and will never improve.

Also, he's gonna get destroyed by a poor roster that won't improve for at least 2 years.

Poor guy.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Sure looking like it's gonna go Williams, Daniels, Maye as first three with Maye going to Pat.

I now feel like Maye sucks. I've changed my thoughts on him completely! His processing isn't good. His footwork is terrible and will never improve.

Also, he's gonna get destroyed by a poor roster that won't improve for at least 2 years.

Poor guy.
That last part is really it.
It’s gotta suck getting drafted to a team that is not only starting over, but doing it after a couple decades of a particular formula that is no longer relevant.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If a QB has the right stuff he'll be able to show at some point. There is an advantage at times to avoid the shit organizations. But QB is such a big part of that winning equation that they have much of their own destiny in their hands.

For example this is why I used to get so pissed off at the "poor Sam Bradford" takes. Sam Bradford made a lot of his own bed in my estimation. Dude wasn't a leader of a football team. He was a soft ass flag football QB in a man's league.

So if Maye is worth a shit he'll win. If not fans will of course make excuses for him but he'll be part of that reason why he failed. Once again I think Maye might be a pretty good pro, he has a good chance because he can win from the pocket. Which is far and away the #1 thing a QB needs to be a long term stud in this league. What I don't know is whether he's mentally tough enough, but if you rank him against the LSU kid the talent around them was night and day. So this is why I think he's got a real shot.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Poor guy.
I still think Maye will be very good. His problems are easily correctable . Plus, he was on a bad team with a bad Oline and lousy offense. I like him way more than Jaden Daniels. This guy said when pressured Daniels is too quick to drop his eyes and run. That’s Justin Fields tendencies right there.

If Maye goe.ls to Minnesota he’s set. He will be very good. In NE, it’s going to take a while before he succeeds.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I still think Maye will be very good. His problems are easily correctable . Plus, he was on a bad team with a bad Oline and lousy offense. I like him way more than Jaden Daniels. This guy said when pressured Daniels is too quick to drop his eyes and run. That’s Justin Fields tendencies right there.

If Maye goe.ls to Minnesota he’s set. He will be very good. In NE, it’s going to take a while before he succeeds.
Yeah Daniels will move the chains a lot with his legs year one but the risk with him is trying to get him to settle in the pocket, and the question of once you get him there can he get it done without relying on his mobility. If his OC over-uses his legs to move the chains he also might not survive year one.

Maye is an athlete but he shouldn't have as hard a time settling in the pocket. I expect Daniels to have a stronger rookie campaign, as is often the case with guys who are the most dangerous runners from the pocket, but long term Maye certainly has room to be the better QB.

Williams simply has it all. Question with him is all about whether he's gonna do the work, which is a question all these guys share of course. But it would not surprise me if in five years we are talking about one of the other QBs as the best of this class. My bet is that guy will be Penix.

And that to me is a real testament to the quality of this class. In terms of talent it is a loaded group IMO.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think whoever the Pats draft will be in for a bad and short career.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, it’s probably not a huge issue. Labrum tears can heal without surgery, depends on severity. I doubt it hurts his stock too much.
My wife has one that never healed.
Yeah Daniels will move the chains a lot with his legs year one but the risk with him is trying to get him to settle in the pocket, and the question of once you get him there can he get it done without relying on his mobility. If his OC over-uses his legs to move the chains he also might not survive year one.

Maye is an athlete but he shouldn't have as hard a time settling in the pocket. I expect Daniels to have a stronger rookie campaign, as is often the case with guys who are the most dangerous runners from the pocket, but long term Maye certainly has room to be the better QB.

Williams simply has it all. Question with him is all about whether he's gonna do the work, which is a question all these guys share of course. But it would not surprise me if in five years we are talking about one of the other QBs as the best of this class. My bet is that guy will be Penix.

And that to me is a real testament to the quality of this class. In terms of talent it is a loaded group IMO.
Penix is too inaccurate and not good throwing over the middle. I don’t think he ends up being very good. I think Penix and Daniels really really benefitted from having great receivers.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Maye is an amazing runner. And even better at keeping his eyes up and passing on the run. Please Vikings take him.