QB Davis Webb

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'm anxious because it looks like if Goff goes down, our dream seasons goes into flames. Every team will have a hard time if their franchise QB gets seriously injured but they can have various level of insurance (i.e Keenum / Foles last year vs Hundley)

Injuries to key personnel are season enders for many teams (look at what happened when ARod went down) - I think it's very difficult to find a diamond in the rough on someone else's practice squad. I'm comfortable that McVay, Snead and the rest of the coaches have scoured the whole league to see what's out there and I'm happy that they think Mannion is their man at #2. They see the players day in day out, so they are in the best position to make these decisions. Keenum was a revelation last year at the Vikings, the dude just balled with the best of them and IMHO deserved to be in the running for MVP of the year - Foles I'm still not convinced with, he's got starting experience in the league, but in my mind that's all he has over Mannion. He was put in a position to win last year with the Eagles, and I'm pleased for him, but I think McVay would do the same for Mannion if he had to start, otherwise he'd have been long gone. McVay isn't afraid of cutting anyone on this team.

But, haven't we come a long way as a team and as a squad players, that we're all discussing who should be the backup QB :)

The Ramowl

Starter
Injuries to key personnel are season enders for many teams (look at what happened when ARod went down) - I think it's very difficult to find a diamond in the rough on someone else's practice squad. I'm comfortable that McVay, Snead and the rest of the coaches have scoured the whole league to see what's out there and I'm happy that they think Mannion is their man at #2. They see the players day in day out, so they are in the best position to make these decisions. Keenum was a revelation last year at the Vikings, the dude just balled with the best of them and IMHO deserved to be in the running for MVP of the year - Foles I'm still not convinced with, he's got starting experience in the league, but in my mind that's all he has over Mannion. He was put in a position to win last year with the Eagles, and I'm pleased for him, but I think McVay would do the same for Mannion if he had to start, otherwise he'd have been long gone. McVay isn't afraid of cutting anyone on this team.

But, haven't we come a long way as a team and as a squad players, that we're all discussing who should be the backup QB :)

We have all seen Foles flaws, but imho his problem was always more major inconsistency than ability. I don't see Mannion ever deliver the performance Foles had in the SB.

Then again, I am not worried about our front office and I believe they are doing the best job possible. I guess they haven't found anyone better than Mannion, but that does not mean he is good enough

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
We have all seen Foles flaws, but imho his problem was always more major inconsistency than ability. I don't see Mannion ever deliver the performance Foles had in the SB.

Then again, I am not worried about our front office and I believe they are doing the best job possible. I guess they haven't found anyone better than Mannion, but that does not mean he is good enough

I really don't see Foles delivering that performance ever again tbh :whistle:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As clear as the #1 qb situation is with Goff, the #2 is apparently just as clear to Mcvay.
Mannion is the guy

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
As clear as the #1 qb situation is with Goff, the #2 is apparently just as clear to Mcvay.
Mannion is the guy

I'm with you. Although now, since Tavon's gone, I think Mannion has picked up the mantle of 'The Rams player the fans want to cut the most'

Kevin

Pro Bowler
I'm anxious because it looks like if Goff goes down, our dream seasons goes into flames. Every team will have a hard time if their franchise QB gets seriously injured but they can have various level of insurance (i.e Keenum / Foles last year vs Hundley)
I am more concerned about having three rookies as offensive line backups.