QB Davis Webb

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramon Ram

Starter
Saw that Jets picked him up and added to practice squad. Would adding another Cal guy to the team behind Goff be better than Mannion?

fearsomefour

Legend
Ehhh.
The teams are in very different positions.
The Giants are probably on the look out for a replacement for an aging Eli.
The Rams aren't looking for a replacement.
Just a good back up.
Two different things.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Saw that Jets picked him up and added to practice squad. Would adding another Cal guy to the team behind Goff be better than Mannion?

Makes more sense imo to replace Allen, not Mannion. Apparently they feel that Mannion is the best #2 all things considered available. Webb might be a better developmental guy than Allen though, and as the #3 there is more time for him to learn the system, and a couple of years for him to hang around.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Ehhh.
The teams are in very different positions.
The Giants are probably on the look out for a replacement for an aging Eli.
The Rams aren't looking for a replacement.
Just a good back up.
Two different things.

The Jets picked him up...they have Darnold

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I don't think we need a 3rd qb on the active. It surprises me a bit but I do know that there are a lot of factors and intel that we are not privy to.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
I don't understand all the angst over filling the roster spot of a guy who doesn't play, except to run the victory formation.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One other thought, Mannion threw to cooks in college, so there is a natural connection between those two anyway. I was hoping to see a little of that in pre-season, but it was not to be.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

giants fans hated him. said he wasn't good in preseason.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't understand all the angst over filling the roster spot of a guy who doesn't play, except to run the victory formation.
I realize people want us to do something NOW but this to me is not far off. If heaven forbid, Goff should go down, I suspect we have virtually the same options as we have now out in the back up market. If Mannion were to play poorly after taking over, they could make a move then. It may cost them a tiny bit more if they had to pull from another team’s roster, but that’s not even a given.

Ramon Ram

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I realize people want us to do something NOW but this to me is not far off. If heaven forbid, Goff should go down, I suspect we have virtually the same options as we have now out in the back up market. If Mannion were to play poorly after taking over, they could make a move then. It may cost them a tiny bit more if they had to pull from another team’s roster, but that’s not even a given.

If he's better we can take him from jets practice squad no trade needed?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he's better we can take him from jets practice squad no trade needed?

Yes. He needs to be put on the 53 man roster, and guaranteed 3 weeks pay.

The biggest reason to get somebody now is so that they can learn the system and the playbook. Better to do that now, than when a crisis occurs.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe the Coaches think that they can develop Perez

I'm sure they think there's some chance of that. Given the size of his school, I doubt he'd be somebody they would want this year, though he could be a third stringer on the 53 next year if he progresses.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Okay, just didn't understand your comment about the Giants since he is now with the Jets

For all the hype surrounding Darnold, he’s still a rookie and maybe Webb can help as he takes his lumps this year. Eli probably can make it on his own and the Giants need a backup who could actually play or could be the future.

The Ramowl

Starter

I'm anxious because it looks like if Goff goes down, our dream seasons goes into flames. Every team will have a hard time if their franchise QB gets seriously injured but they can have various level of insurance (i.e Keenum / Foles last year vs Hundley)