Probably BS but will share anyway

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
I know someone who works with product sold to NFL and college teams that has to do with video. The software that most NFl teams use had a breach in it. In late Sep early Oct their cloud server, called Thundercloud was shut down. Vid directors could not get access.

BTW this is connected to the Michigan scandal -- its Catapult that sells the XOs software -- anyway there is an alleged breach and it went to NFL level as well.

Anyone from any team could access other teams' stuff that was in the cloud. Not protected and could be accessed easily.

One team claims that the game they played against the Lions late in the year --- they put in a handful of new plays. And on 4 of them the Lions picked them off. another was a dropped INT.

Again, I don't know it to be true but this is someone have known for 25 years or more, he's never lied. he new of the Mike Tice ticket scalping thing before it happened. He knew of Loveboat details. And he has no reason to impress me. What I know is he's not making it up ... there is at least something to the breach.

Catapult is denying the security breach but the NCAA is still looking into it. So all that is new is it reached the NFL and it is POSSIBLE a team or teams exploited it to their advantage.

Not claiming any inside knowledge just know a guy for a long time, nothing more.

Ramsker

UDFA
Name
Ramsker
I don't doubt this at all man. If it is in the cloud, stored on a server somewhere, it can likely be accessed and you can bet that it will be accessed if there is demand.

Especially at the levels of Tier 1 college and all professional sports. If there is a way to get an edge on an opponent, they will do it.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If it is in the cloud, stored on a server somewhere, it can likely be accessed and you can bet that it will be accessed if there is demand.
The thing is If I told you how little security there was ... it could have been a free-for-all. I mean, you'd not need a hacker to get in. It's just something they may have patched in October but that it still didn't fix all the issues.

It's so lax that I asked a few times to the dude, "You're kidding, right? Not even a specific and complex password?" The reason I doubt it the most is no one could make that big a mistake. Of course, I was not able to keep up with all of it. It's basically that the cloud was wide open.

link: https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...s-ncaa-security-alabama-michigan/72062507007/

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don’t find that unbelievable at all. People screw up.

The Lions had four INTs versus the Vikings in week 16. In their first matchup Flores tormented Goff with six man fronts and heavy pressure. I was surprised he was able to overcome it the second time around. Four INTs would go a long way in helping a team win. The final score was Lions 30- Vikings 24.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don’t find that unbelievable at all. People screw up.
All I can say is I cannot independently verify. Wouldn't know how to. But there is fire in terms of college and the NCAA investigation. But only smoke on the NFL involvement but I am told it's the same Thundercloud ... their server is for all their clients. I was not told if the NCAA people could get NFL stuff but was told any NFL team with XO could get any other teams stuff, including practice. And it would all have been broken down. 1st and 10, red zone, 3rd and 3 ... all of it.

Seattle, Pittsburgh, Bengals, 49ers and one or two others use the competitor - DV Sports ... bit 25-26 teams on the same system. Rams are on XO

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
better call saul thread GIF

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Great Job Reaction GIF

Well, I’ll be damn. I am in. It looks like the Lions have a fake punt planned.