Predicting every game remaining on the Rams' schedule

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This doesn't look like a team that will run the table down the stretch. We know they have weaknesses that will probably keep them from being a true contender.

BUT...

If you look at the key positions that GMs classically build their teams around, those being QB, LT, Edge, CB, they certainly have a shot to be a team that can get into the playoffs and make some noise. Re: those positions:

Goff has to play better. But that aside he is still growing, has handled a lack of a run game and a lot of pressures while QBing us to a 5-3 record, and has superb scheming and coaching on his side going forward. It's not a stretch to think he goes on a bit of a run and keeps us in the hunt well enough to get us into the playoffs. But whether/to what extent that happens does come down to the talent around him and the run game production so there are plenty of questions but also plenty of talent in the skill positions.

Whit has faced a murderer's row of elite edge rushers thus far this season. His early struggles have ebbed game to game though to the point where I think the Rams are getting playoff level blindside protection now. Next season is next season, his age and struggles with power moves probably mean he'll retire but we have time to sweat all that later. For now, I think he's good enough.

Edge took a big hit with Clay breaking his jaw. Ebu is a very good backup edge, particularly when he's rotating and kept fresh, but you don't want him in there for too many key snaps. Obo really does look like he's going to live up to some high expectations. Fowler is balling his @$$ off. And we get Clay back and oh by the way I think he'll be lighter (hard not to lose weight drinking meals through a straw) which could actually benefit him on the quickness side. Are we good enough here for the playoffs? Certainly we are yes.

CB was the position that was not going to be able to improve going forward, especially when we lost Talib. Rams experienced Peters without Aqib last season and said hell no to round two. And then went out and took advantage of an elite option who was available. Once again the price was high and this offseason is going to be crucial however we have time to worry about that later. Key right now is are we good enough at the CB position? I think so. Ramsey will lock up one option, Hill will require help to lock up another. We're good in the slot and have a rook we haven't seen yet either so honestly the pieces are probably there.

In closing I go back to the QB. IMO the defense is going to tighten up week to week. But we need that run game to get rolling so that this offense can get back to attacking its opponents.

RamsInfiniti

Rookie
Typical crap article where the writer picks the central team to beat the teams they should beat, and lose to teams that are tough.

It doesn't work that way. There's not a single team on that list that is "better" than the Rams. So if I look at it, I'm picking 8-0. Execution and effort may change that result.

Ram77

Rookie
The Ravens? Are they that good? I think the Rams could go 8-0 or 7-1 down the stretch. The running game and 3rd down efficiency on offense and getting stops on 3rd down and off the field in defense are the key and the difference between going 9-7 or 12-4.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The Ravens? Are they that good? I think the Rams could go 8-0 or 7-1 down the stretch. The running game and 3rd down efficiency on offense and getting stops on 3rd down and off the field in defense are the key and the difference between going 9-7 or 12-4.
I think 7-1 is a possibility if they play like last year....and Allen and Blythe would be the only thing stopping them...but, in fact, they have been stopping hte Rams ALL year....so, how is that gonna change? Only by injury....we don't want that.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
A very winnable yet challenging schedule. Not much to choose between the opposing teams in many of those match ups. If we can avoid more key injuries, I can see us running the table just as easily as I can see us going .500. A lot is going to depend how the o-line holds up. It has looked much improved lately, but look at the level of competition we have faced in recent weeks. If the o-line reverts back to its early season form, we likely take our share of Ls, and I can't see this team making the playoffs. Fingers crossed!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
At this rate the 9ers will be resting starters so we may well be fine that week.

Well personally I am hoping that Week 16 is for the division lead, or to tie based on record.

Then the Rams could possibly take the division depending on how the tiebreakers shake out.

I'd like to see a meaningful 49ers matchup.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
How we look against the Steelers will determine a whole lot. I say we go 6-2 the rest of the way and be a 11-5 wild card.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
I agree but I think we beat either the Cowboys or the 49ers and end 11-5. Leaning more towards the Cowboys but I just can't see us getting swept by the niners for some reason.

I agree with your 11-5 prediction and hopefully that will be good enough (Should Be!) to get a Wildcard birth (Still holding out hope for the Rams to win the NFC West but with the 49’s currently being Undefeated that will be TOUGH!)! But, as long as the Rams can get in the playoffs I think they will be fine!!!