Predicting every game remaining on the Rams' schedule

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Cameron DaSilva

2 hours ago
usatsi_13456130.jpg

Joe Nicholson-USA TODAY Sports

After some time off in Week 9, the Los Angeles Rams will begin the second half of their 2019 season in Week 10. At 5-3, they’re hardly out of the playoff picture, but they certainly have a lot of work to do in the last eight games.

There are some difficult opponents coming up in November and December, which makes the Rams’ path to the playoffs murky. But with some more consistent play on offense and an improved defense, Los Angeles can make a run toward the postseason.
We went game by game and predicted either a win or loss in each of the final eight weeks of the season. A 10-6 record might not get the Rams into the playoffs, so it’ll take an improved second half to play in January.

Week 10 at Steelers
This game looked much tougher when Ben Roethlisberger was healthy, but he’s out for the year. That changes things significantly and even though it’s on the road, the Rams certainly have the advantage in this one.
Coming off their bye with some momentum in the last two weeks, the Rams are going to be well-rested and healthy. Even though Pittsburgh’s defense has played well this season, the Rams will be able to take care of business and win their first game of the second half.
Prediction: Win (6-3)

Week 11 vs. Bears (SNF)
Oh, how things have changed. Chicago looked like a Super Bowl contender before the season started, but poor play by Mitchell Trubisky and an unimpressive offense has set the Bears back significantly. The defense is still something to be wary of, but Chicago doesn’t look like the powerhouse it once appeared to be.
The Rams are back at home for this one, hosting the Bears in prime-time on Sunday Night Football. That makes a big difference compared to playing on the road in windy Chicago as these two teams did last year when Los Angeles was shut down offensively.
Prediction: Win (7-3)

Week 12 vs. Ravens (MNF)
gettyimages-1070864704.jpg

(Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty Images)

Containing Lamar Jackson is a tall task for any defense. The Rams have the playmakers to cover him, including Nickell Robey-Coleman and Taylor Rapp, but that doesn’t mean it’ll be easy to slow down Baltimore’s offense.

Marcus Peters and his new team get a win against his old squad on the road, giving the Rams their first loss since Week 6. It’ll be close, but Los Angeles will have trouble containing Jackson.

Prediction: Loss (7-4)

Week 13 at Cardinals
Incredibly, the Rams don’t face Kliff Kingsbury and Kyler Murray until Week 13. The Cardinals are one of the better teams with a losing record in the NFL right now and pose similar problems for the Rams as the Ravens do.

However, the Cardinals aren’t as complete as Baltimore is and the Rams can learn from any mistakes they make against Jackson and the Ravens. Look for them to bounce back and win this one.

Prediction: Win (8-4)

Week 14 vs. Seahawks (SNF)
usatsi_13457353.jpg

Steven Bisig-USA TODAY Sports

Here’s where a daunting stretch of games begins. The Rams host Seattle on Sunday Night Football before facing the Cowboys and 49ers in the following two weeks. The Rams should’ve beaten Seattle in their first meeting this season, but Greg Zuerlein pushed his game-winning field goal try just wide right.

Los Angeles will avenge that loss with a win in week 14, a game which this team really needs to have in the competitive NFC. It’ll help having Jalen Ramsey to cover Tyler Lockett, too, which wasn’t the case earlier this year.

Prediction: Win (9-4)

Week 15 at Cowboys
The Cowboys’ record doesn’t suggest they’re one of the best teams in football, but this is a dangerous team on both sides of the ball. Ramsey will draw a tough matchup with Amari Cooper, whose crisp route-running is hard for even the best corners to match.

This one will come down to the wire, but Dallas will hold on for the victory at home behind a solid effort from its defense.

Prediction: Loss (9-5)

Week 16 at 49ers
usatsi_13555978.jpg

Orlando Ramirez-USA TODAY Sports

Are the Rams really going to get swept by San Francisco for the first time since 2016 and just the third time this decade? Based on the way the 49ers are playing, it’s very possible. San Francisco has one of the best defenses in football and a ground game that’s difficult to stop.

The Rams should be in better shape on offense by this point with the offensive line finding its groove right now, but San Francisco is littered with defensive talent and pass rushers. The Rams will need a great performance by Jared Goff in order to win this one on the road.

Prediction: Loss (9-6)

Week 17 vs. Cardinals
To close out the year, the Rams host the Cardinals. Week 17 won’t be meaningless for Los Angeles this season, given the team’s current record, which means this game should have big playoff implications.

Having a game of experience against Murray and Kingsbury should help the Rams and they’ll find a way to do just enough to win the season finale.

Prediction: Win (10-6)

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
I agree but I think we beat either the Cowboys or the 49ers and end 11-5. Leaning more towards the Cowboys but I just can't see us getting swept by the niners for some reason.

dang

Legend
Need 2 wins between Baltimore/SF/Seattle/Dallas. Doable and will result in 11-5 wildcard team with hopefully 1 home game to open.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's important that Matthews returns asap, the pressure he, Fowler & Donald apply are outstanding, but unless the Rams can shake up that OL of ours, I don't think the author is far off the mark.
Even a 1 game benching of B;ythe & Havenstein to light a fire under their behinds might help with motivation. Corbett at LG, Brewer at RG & Edwards at RT, lets see what they can do, how much worse can they be ? This is supposed to be a play-off caliber team, these final 8 games they better start acting like it. jmo.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I think that the Rams should be favored over Ravens, Seahawks, and Cowboys.

sooooo...

KJD_Ram

Rookie
Matthews needs to understand how to rush Wilson which will go a long way to containing Jackson...approach under control, don't fly in right at them...don't let him outside, let Donald and whoever else is in the middle collapse it... forcing him to throw it or eat it....preferably the latter.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Matthews needs to understand how to rush Wilson which will go a long way to containing Jackson...approach under control, don't fly in right at them...don't let him outside, let Donald and whoever else is in the middle collapse it... forcing him to throw it or eat it....preferably the latter.

that was the most disappointing thing against the seafucks. the rams know how to contain the little oopma, they've done it so many times, yet in that game they allowed him to run wild against them. i don't know what happened but it seemed to be a continuation of the horrible defense they showed against the bucs.

hopefully they've sorted it all out.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
that was the most disappointing thing against the seafucks. the rams know how to contain the little oopma, they've done it so many times, yet in that game they allowed him to run wild against them. i don't know what happened but it seemed to be a continuation of the horrible defense they showed against the bucs.

hopefully they've sorted it all out.

Crush the midget

UKRAM18

UDFA
I said 11-5 at the beginning of the year and I'm sticking with it. The niners sweep cant happen...

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I agree but I think we beat either the Cowboys or the 49ers and end 11-5. Leaning more towards the Cowboys but I just can't see us getting swept by the niners for some reason.

At this rate the 9ers will be resting starters so we may well be fine that week.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I think we beat Dallas....really, for sure. Our run defense is actually top 4-5 with yards per carry given up. Dak is not impressive. AND, Dallas doesn't have a dominating 340 lb DT. IF we had average run blocking (as someone had stated as an 'if') ,we could go 12-4---but we don't.

We may not beat the Cardinals twice. I am on board that we will find a way to beat SF.
9ers will get crushed in the playoffs...playing a candy schedule won't help them in the playoffs. Seattle probably beats them twice.

fearsomefour

Legend
I predicted 10-6 before the season and I will stick with that.
Although 9-7 is certainly possible.
Pittsburgh is going to show us if the OL has actually improved or if it was just playing two bad defenses.

Big Game

Living The Dream
11-5 and wildcard berth. i think Niners as much as i hate to say it may win the division. Seahawks are hurt and won't finish strong.

Ants

Starter
I think we beat Dallas....really, for sure. Our run defense is actually top 4-5 with yards per carry given up. Dak is not impressive. AND, Dallas doesn't have a dominating 340 lb DT. IF we had average run blocking (as someone had stated as an 'if') ,we could go 12-4---but we don't.

We may not beat the Cardinals twice. I am on board that we will find a way to beat SF.
9ers will get crushed in the playoffs...playing a candy schedule won't help them in the playoffs. Seattle probably beats them twice.

This is pretty much how I see it also...not sure about Seattle beating the whiners twice, though.