CAMP REPORT Pre TC Report

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
TC starts Friday and because I'm lucky enough to live close and have the time, I intend to be there for all of them and post some of my observations after each, the evening after I get home. Like a lot of you, I couldn't wait for Rev's and Coach-O's TC reports when the Rams were still in St. Louis. A lot of the reason I do this is for them.

I've been a Ram fan all my life and attended my first game in 1959, where Popa and I watched the Rams beat the Bears 41-35 in the Colesium. (Only thing I remember is the Goodyear Blimp circling over the field) .Since then I've been to many more Ram games and watched a hell of a lot on TV. Most of the time I can tell what's going on. Keep in mind I've no jounalistic background (I got a "C" in high school English)

Anyway I've been to every TC, my first when Jeff Fisher was HC. This post is to give folks an idea of the layout and how TC progresses.

There are two fields, north and south, with covered stands alongside each. Also covered stands on the west endzone, east endzone is blocked off. When we enter we look to see where the big TV screens between the two fields are pointed as this will tell us which field will have 7 on 7 and 11 on 11 drills (usually the last drills of practice and the most fun to watch). Because of the crowd , ( I expect a big one like last TC so we gotta get there early. This limits what position groups we can see up close. They move about every 15 minutes and rotate between the two fields so we never know what position group will be in front of us.

There are some exceptions. Right after stretching exercises by everyone, the KO and punt return group usually practice fielding from the punt machine and the west endzone. and the OL group start working and the opposite end. The QB's and WR's then do short passes.

There's a lot the coaching staff have to sort out, returners, RG, DB and depth at each. VeteranRamFan and I will do our best to put out relevant info, and looking forward to another great TC.

Any questions post away.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What is the estimated beer consumption before the end of practice each day?

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ha! knew that would come up. VeteranRamFan and I have our customary inaugural brew when we first get there (under the west stands) and limit it to two all TC. (We gotta drive).

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am looking forward to your posts and others who do. :horns:

I don’t think this crowd critiques the writing over the awesome insights…. So thank you for the effort… as we know some days it might feel a bit like an obligation to the waiting ears. We appreciate you guys putting that effort in. We REALLY do!

Ha! Good question @Loyal :D

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Can't wait to hear the reports Bubba. And sounds like you scored with Friday being a pads day. :part:

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah, really hard to tell how good, (or bad) players are until the pads go on, especially the O and DL.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Thanks for taking the time to share I’m sure it would be easy to sit back and take it in without worrying to get notes and pictures.

Cheers to you guys who go the extra mile, you ROCK!!!

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Hey Bubba,
Really appreciate all you and VeteranRamFan do.

Sure do miss good 'ol Coach O though......

~ArkyRamsFan~

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Cant wait! I have 1 more hurdle to clear and I will be there on Monday and Wednesday next week. I will know Friday night if the US district court requires my presence on Monday. Bad timing for jury duty.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Bubba, I know you live for the fake internet points so expect a ton of thread winner trophies on everything you write that's camp related. It's not much, but it's what I can do.

Thank you so much for writing things up. It's impossible to express enough gratitude for what you're doing.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks for taking the time to share I’m sure it would be easy to sit back and take it in without worrying to get notes and pictures.

Cheers to you guys who go the extra mile, you ROCK!!!

damn straight. don't worry about taking notes @bubbaramfan , just enjoy the days and give us an overview of your thoughts. whatever you can remember because usually that will be the juicy stuff.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

@VeteranRamFan still needs to take pictures.

but not of the athletes, just any sexy women lurking around in the summer sun. yes, i'm not getting any.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'll be using a voice recorder kurt. My memory isn't that good. I'll be lucky to remember how to get home.