Pre-OTA,and Pre-Pre-Season Prediction!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow! Aren't you just a bundle of joy? Sorry, but you just uninvited yourself to the Rams Super Bowl party I'm hosting in the FL Keys.:redcard:
" Can I reserve a Table for 3 up-Front!!?!":yay::yay::yay::banana::shades::cheers:

…..

Legend
I predict a lot pain and heavy hitting in the DB and WR ranks this preseason. That's where the competition lies.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Oct 30 BYE
Nov 06 Panthers L
This is were I'll disagree with you! We will be coming off our " Bye Week, rested and ready for the Panthers! Their Goin' Down! So you can change that to a " WIN!"(y):D:rimshot:

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Wow! Aren't you just a bundle of joy? Sorry, but you just uninvited yourself to the Rams Super Bowl party I'm hosting in the FL Keys.:redcard:

Well I guess that's a risk I'll have to take and here I was so looking forward to those sea breezes. But at least I was more optimistic than some ESPN prognosticators recently, that have the Rams only winning 4 or 5 games. Perhaps things will change by September...:cautious:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
at least I was more optimistic than some ESPN prognosticators recently, that have the Rams only winning 4 or 5 games.
I hadn't heard this^!! What Idiot's where saying this!? Please, I want to know for future reference!!

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Well I guess that's a risk I'll have to take and here I was so looking forward to those sea breezes. But at least I was more optimistic than some ESPN prognosticators recently, that have the Rams only winning 4 or 5 games. Perhaps things will change by September...:cautious:
No worries, my Rams brother, you still have time to repent.

Now get out there and catch 10 hail Marys!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll say 11-5. We make the playoffs as a wild card and win our first game but lose in the second round to the Panthers. Goff has ups and downs but has an overall good rookie year. Gurley is great. Austin and Britt produce much more with a competent QB. The OL plays at an above average to good level. And the defense is top 10 caliber again. Zuerlein has a bounce back year since Fisher doesn't ask him to attempt nothing but long FGs.

Frankly, looking at our schedule, it doesn't seem that bad. We play 4 tough division games against Seattle and Arizona but we tend to give those two teams hell. We also play 2 tough games against New England and Carolina. Beyond that, we play a lot of middle of the pack type teams.

Look at it this way, we play like 8 games against teams that should be in the 6-10 win range. 6 games against teams that should be in the 10-14 win range.(4 of those against teams we went 3-1 against last year) And 2 games against a team that should be in the 3-6 win range.

If we split the 8 games (4-4), go 3-1 against those 4 again and lose the other 2 tough ones, and win the 2 easy ones, that puts us at 9-7. If we manage to go 5-3 against middle of the pack teams, we're at 10-6. If we manage to win 1 of the 2 tough ones or go 6-2 against the middle of the pack teams, we're at 11-5.

Could we do worse? Sure. Especially if we have the Fisher let down games. But I'm a homer so I'm going to be optimistic. Plus, I think Goff is a better player than he's given credit for by many of the media and I know we still have a top 10 running game and defense.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
How many wins would a better QB have been worth last year? I will say +two. Then add a better receiving corps minus Cook. That is at least +1, since we have not seen these guys. Then figure a trip to London could equal a loss the week after. -1 Tougher schedule -2. However the Rams should ha v e had 11 wins last year so the schedule is a wash.

So I get 9-7. Throw n the optimism factor and I saw 10 wins

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Unless things mesh very quickly for the young guys and they are very lucky on the injury front, I predict nine to ten wins max this year. :hiding:

Limey

Rookie
I was thinking 9-7, then looked at the schedule and got to 11-5. Will compromise at 10-6.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I mentioned it on another board but there's only one bad stretch on our schedule and it isn't because of the opponents it's really 5 straight road games before the bye. We are @Tampa, @Az, @BUFFALO, @Lions then our home game in London before the bye. Brutal stretch for a young team with a young QB. That's 13,341.8 miles according to google in 5 weeks. That's double what a lot of teams will travel for the whole damned year. If we can come out of that with 3 or 4 wins and be healthy that would be amazing because afte that it's @Jets and vsPanthers. With the only other bad spot being back to back travel weeks of @NO and @NE.

I'll go with a 10 win season while drinking my early morning kool aid.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Even If we only flip the loses, bye 3 points or less, last year, that's 3 more Win's, and we're at 10-6! that's the easy part! Add in two more Just because Gurley will start the entire Season, Now we're at 12-4! And then 2 More because Goff Catches-on-Fire, YEP! My 14-2 prediction sounds like Easy-Money!(y)(y):D:D " And yes, I Snort Kool-Aid!!"

gurleykoolaid.png

correct!.jpg

Make it so.gif

Cele. Cigar.gif

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Thinking about how things have changed in a year made me go back and take a look at some of our expectations, only to discover that we are some sorry ass kool-aid guzzling MFers. Hard to believe I went with a homerish 10-6 and fell short just wow!

Oh and the Dave posts are bonus. Enjoy! :p

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Thank You @Merlin I refrained from this post back then because I actually PM'd Dave about this post and preached to him..."Cautious Optimism." Dave's response: "Den, it's time to throw caution to the wind." Of course with several emoji's....God, I miss him.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Thinking about how things have changed in a year made me go back and take a look at some of our expectations, only to discover that we are some sorry ass kool-aid guzzling MFers. Hard to believe I went with a homerish 10-6 and fell short just wow!

Oh and the Dave posts are bonus. Enjoy! :p

Thanks for resurrecting this little jewel, Merlin....by the way...this was 2 years ago. So you were actually a guzzling fool. :sneaky:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yep. I remember it well. I was the resident naysayer and man... I just couldn't convince Dave that we were a 4 win team. He almost had me convinced that we were playoff bound!

I miss him, too. Quite a lot, actually.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The OP is the essential example of Dave optimism. He will be missed on the same level as ThorDaddy. I am getting smashed on beer right now, so forgive my sloppiness, please.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Thanks for resurrecting this little jewel, Merlin....by the way...this was 2 years ago. So you were actually a guzzling fool. :sneaky:

I'm obviously a product of the California school system. :eek:

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
If they turn Goff lose from game 1 got to be in the 11-5 to 13-3 range and what ever happens in playoffs happens.
If they mess around with Keenum for a few games then tie Goffs hands with nurse maiding 7-9 8-8. And that gets us a whole new FO and HC

Did you ever think even this would turn out to be optimistic? I didn't. I was drinking the Kool-Aid like most others. Didn't post but was thinking 10-6.
Now we know that even had Goff been starting from game 1 it wouldn't have made any difference due to the offensive system and coaching.
You were right about the coaching change, glad you were wrong about the front office although I'm still holding my breath to see what happens with our front-line FA's. C'mon Demoff!