Power Rankings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
No surprise. After losing the starting corners the defense wasn't terrible going against a possible Hall of Fame quarterback. And the offense was very good. More than good in fact.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/25/week-four-power-rankings-8/

1. Rams (3-0; last week No. 2): The Super Bowl favorite has delivered, so far. They’ll have to deliver on Thursday night without both starting cornerbacks.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24785984/nfl-power-rankings-fatal-flaws-all-32-teams-2018-week-4

1. Los Angeles Rams

Record: 3-0
Week 3 ranking: 1
sw_ye_40.png

Despite a formidable front that includes Aaron Donald and Ndamukong Suh, the Rams are allowing 5.0 yards per rush this season, ranked 27th in the NFL. -- Doug Clawson

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/9...eek-4-rams-unstoppable-dolphins-patriots-fall

1 Los Angeles Rams

The Rams decisively beat the Chargers in Week 3 and Jared Goff played one of his best games yet. Unfortunately for the Rams, they’ll be without cornerback Marcus Peters for a few weeks and fellow cornerback Aqib Talib is banged up, too.

Who will be the first team to beat the red-hot Rams? Minnesota will be the next to try when it takes on Los Angeles on Thursday Night Football this week; maybe the Vikings were looking ahead when they fell to the Bills 27-6 on Sunday?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...s-rank-for-every-team-entering-week-4#slide32

1. Los Angeles Rams (3-0)

In a week when at least one of the NFL's top contenders stumbled badly, there was no misstep by Bleacher Report's No. 1 team. Just another beating for some hapless opponent.

The thing is, the Chargers really aren't hapless. This is a team many pundits picked to win the AFC West before the season. And yet at no point during Sunday's game did the Chargers really appear to have a chance.

The Rams are absolutely stacked offensively. Load up the box, and Jared Goff will pick you apart. Play soft and Todd Gurley will bludgeon you into submission.

The defense is similarly loaded, but in that regard, there may just a problem brewing. Per ESPN.com's Lindsey Thiry, starting cornerbacks Aqib Talib and Marcus Peters both left Sunday's win with injuries—and the team has a short turnaround before Thursday night's big showdown with the Vikings.

Of course, given how the two teams looked in Week 3, it's probably not the Rams who should be worried.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com...-eagles-patriots-vikings-bills-cowboys-browns

1 - Kansas City Chiefs (Last Week: 1) - Pat Mahomes is the truth. Andy Reid’s team is averaging 39.3 points per game so far. Not going to be easy to defend against this formidable mix of talent and coaching.

2 - Los Angeles Rams (LW: 2) - The Rams have rolled through their first three opponents. They stand alone at the top of the NFC at 3-0.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...s-packers-patriots/1g5xeop2mibss176t2or2x95lm

1. Los Angeles Rams 3-0 (last week: 1)

Jared Goff and Todd Gurley are taking turns ripping into defenses, and they will need to keep rolling with Marcus Peters missing on the other side for a while.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
I love this knock they put on the Rams on CBS Sports..

1. Rams The Rams defense is 27th against the run and 29th in sacks per play. That has to be concerning going forward, starting Thursday against the Vikings.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But our total Defense is ranked 6th in the league, so yeah

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
1. Rams The Rams defense is 27th against the run and 29th in sacks per play. That has to be concerning going forward, starting Thursday against the Vikings.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But we're probably first in getting opposing O-lines to get holding penalties called on them, even though not nearly enough have been called over the first three games.

Ram65

Legend
Week 3 ranking: 1
sw_ye_40.png

Despite a formidable front that includes Aaron Donald and Ndamukong Suh, the Rams are allowing 5.0 yards per rush this season, ranked 27th in the NFL. -- Doug Clawson

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/9...eek-4-rams-unstoppable-dolphins-patriots-fall

Ouch on both accounts. The Run defense against the Chargers looked a little like last year. Not enough pressure either.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Ouch on both accounts. The Run defense against the Chargers looked a little like last year. Not enough pressure either.

We went from average LB's last year to young, relatively inexperienced LB's this season. Thought the addition of Suh would shore up the run D but he's been busy being held.

The opposing QB's have had enough sense to get rid of the ball quickly thus negating the pass rush. I'm guessing with Talib and Phillips out we will see more deep pass attempts. This will give our DT's opportunities for more sacks. Honestly though if we get few sacks this season but lots of wins it won't matter to me.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-rankings-week-4-rams-chiefs-rise-above-chaos

RANK

RAMS (3-0)

Previous rank: No. 1

Clearly the top team in pro football. Which means all those analysts and colleagues of mine who told me I was putting too much stock in Jared Goff's performance last year ... Well, I don't know what to tell you. His accuracy continues to impress. On Sunday, he darn near averaged 10 yards per throw -- an incredible rate. Meanwhile, the defense took Philip Rivers' best shots, ultimately producing stops when absolutely imperative. That was the difference in the game. There was also better red-zone efficiency and goal-to-goal performance from Los Angeles. Well, the home Los Angeles team. You know, the one that plays on the non-soccer pitch. Gosh, this L.A. football thing gets confusing.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
But isnt the D ranked #1 in points allowed? That is the only stat that truly matters.

Ram65

Legend
We went from average LB's last year to young, relatively inexperienced LB's this season. Thought the addition of Suh would shore up the run D but he's been busy being held.

The opposing QB's have had enough sense to get rid of the ball quickly thus negating the pass rush. I'm guessing with Talib and Phillips out we will see more deep pass attempts. This will give our DT's opportunities for more sacks. Honestly though if we get few sacks this season but lots of wins it won't matter to me.

Wins is all that matters. I have to look more closely at these holding penalties not being called. It's time for McVay and Phillips to start talking to the refs. I haven't notice them complaining.