POSTGAME QUOTES: Rams vs. Bears

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
We need to play better AROUND THE QB!?!?! Is this real life? Like are we seriously still getting blown out by lesser opponents, getting key players injured for the season, and just straight up being terrible?

WHAT DID I DO AS A FAN TO DESERVE THIS GARBAGE.
I agreed with this type of thinking early in Bradford's career. But good lord, you have a ton of talent around the QB now so why is it not on Foles?

RamsFan14

Starter
I agreed with this type of thinking early in Bradford's career. But good lord, you have a ton of talent around the QB now so why is it not on Foles?

A ton of talent around the QB? Uhhh Gurley and Austin are quite nice, but that's about it. Cook has underachieved, Britt is hit and miss (makes big plays, drops too many footballs). Welker? Just signed with the team, can't really say anything about him yet. OL is a mess, I'd argue our run blocking is overrated, Gurley really picks up the slack when he's able to. Granted Foles has gotten worse in the last few weeks, its not like we are doing much of a job to help him. Think we have the second highest drop rate in the NFL?! Want to say Foles is up there when it comes to taking hits, which is probably contributing to Foles' mechanical breakdown. We have Gurely and Austin in the running game, that's about it. Austin the WR is kinda eh tbh through this point in the season.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
A ton of talent around the QB? Uhhh Gurley and Austin are quite nice, but that's about it. Cook has underachieved, Britt is hit and miss (makes big plays, drops too many footballs). Welker? Just signed with the team, can't really say anything about him yet. OL is a mess, I'd argue our run blocking is overrated, Gurley really picks up the slack when he's able to. Granted Foles has gotten worse in the last few weeks, its not like we are doing much of a job to help him. Think we have the second highest drop rate in the NFL?! Want to say Foles is up there when it comes to taking hits, which is probably contributing to Foles' mechanical breakdown. We have Gurely and Austin in the running game, that's about it. Austin the WR is kinda eh tbh through this point in the season.

Despite all the drops and execution problems, Britt, Quick, Cook, Kendricks, Austin and Gurley are not chop liver. Have they played up to capabilities? No, I don't argue that. But to say we are void of talent, IMO, is just not true. I guess we'll get a clearer picture with Kennum. If he has the same issues then I'll back off of Foles a bit. But I would bet money that Case excels with the talent around him. At least more so than Foles.
To be fair I'm not as down on Foles from a pure talent standpoint as some. But he seems to have lost confidence whether he admits it or not.
From a pure arm talent standpoint all I have to do is watch Kennum highlights to know who has more pure talent.
Now, I'll give you the issues we have at TE. I think they all have the physical talent, but for whatever reason seem to lack the mental confidence to play like they should. We definitely need to upgrade at that spot.
But I think Quick is way underutilized and Britt, well is Britt. Some good and some bad. Our OL hasn't played as bad as people seem to think. Foles is one of the least sacked QB's and he's also one of the slowest to get the ball away. You and I have watched the same games where he just flat out misses receivers or waits until they go from wide open to covered. We have missed so many opportunities because he waits too long or throws the ball 8 miles in the air and the DB has a chance to catch up.

My real point is Foles, IMO, still has way more talent to work with than Bradford ever did. (save the first seen games of 13') and he's still sucking it up on the field.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea you have to think....Austin Davis lead this offense minus it's best player (Gurley) more competently than Foles has....with Gurley.

I was waiting to make that comparison because Foles has played some tough opponents.......until this past Sunday.

RamsFan14

Starter
Despite all the drops and execution problems, Britt, Quick, Cook, Kendricks, Austin and Gurley are not chop liver. Have they played up to capabilities? No, I don't argue that. But to say we are void of talent, IMO, is just not true. I guess we'll get a clearer picture with Kennum. If he has the same issues then I'll back off of Foles a bit. But I would bet money that Case excels with the talent around him. At least more so than Foles.
To be fair I'm not as down on Foles from a pure talent standpoint as some. But he seems to have lost confidence whether he admits it or not.
From a pure arm talent standpoint all I have to do is watch Kennum highlights to know who has more pure talent.
Now, I'll give you the issues we have at TE. I think they all have the physical talent, but for whatever reason seem to lack the mental confidence to play like they should. We definitely need to upgrade at that spot.
But I think Quick is way underutilized and Britt, well is Britt. Some good and some bad. Our OL hasn't played as bad as people seem to think. Foles is one of the least sacked QB's and he's also one of the slowest to get the ball away. You and I have watched the same games where he just flat out misses receivers or waits until they go from wide open to covered. We have missed so many opportunities because he waits too long or throws the ball 8 miles in the air and the DB has a chance to catch up.

My real point is Foles, IMO, still has way more talent to work with than Bradford ever did. (save the first seen games of 13') and he's still sucking it up on the field.

Hmmm alright I think the talent is better, but I'm not going to say WAY more talented then what Bradford had. I understand where you're coming from tho, and I think what you said is fair. I disagree with the OL, feel like they've been pretty below average. While Foles hasn't been sacked a ton, he doesn't have enough time in the pocket. Takes too many hits as soon as he gets rid of the ball. I get that it's a violent game and you're going to take hits, but he shouldn't be taking as many as he has, especially early on in the season. I am curious to know the stats on how much he's been pressured and hit, that would be interesting. Perhaps idk what I'm talking about, maybe he hasn't been hit as much as I implied he has. Those are the stats I want to see the most, idk where I'd find that tho. My biggest problems aren't the playmakers on offense, it's the OL. Too much pressure, too much hits, and too inconsistent. Granted it's not all on the OL, Foles has to do a better job. I'm not opposed to the QB switch, if anything it's the right decision. Don't like the backlash Foles' is getting. He's played bad, I know, but not all his fault, and idk why some are surprised he's playing this bad, feel like it's a product of the pressure/hits he's taken.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Hmmm alright I think the talent is better, but I'm not going to say WAY more talented then what Bradford had. I understand where you're coming from tho, and I think what you said is fair. I disagree with the OL, feel like they've been pretty below average. While Foles hasn't been sacked a ton, he doesn't have enough time in the pocket. Takes too many hits as soon as he gets rid of the ball. I get that it's a violent game and you're going to take hits, but he shouldn't be taking as many as he has, especially early on in the season. I am curious to know the stats on how much he's been pressured and hit, that would be interesting. Perhaps idk what I'm talking about, maybe he hasn't been hit as much as I implied he has. Those are the stats I want to see the most, idk where I'd find that tho. My biggest problems aren't the playmakers on offense, it's the OL. Too much pressure, too much hits, and too inconsistent. Granted it's not all on the OL, Foles has to do a better job. I'm not opposed to the QB switch, if anything it's the right decision. Don't like the backlash Foles' is getting. He's played bad, I know, but not all his fault, and idk why some are surprised he's playing this bad, feel like it's a product of the pressure/hits he's taken.

I don't disagree the OL has been disappointing. I just think Foles has taken a few hits because he doesn't make quick enough decision and holds the ball too long. There has been a few posters who have mentioned throwing to receivers after they were open and the gap was closed.
I said it earlier, I don't think Foles is as bad as he's playing.Seems like he's just either lost some confidence or just doesn't trust the system or his receivers yet. It's like he's waiting for them to be 10 yards open before he throws it. IDK either man, I feel bad for him. I really wanted him to be the man for this team.
Maybe he still will be in time. Just isn't going to be the next couple Sunday's.