Post loss vent thread -READ THE RULES

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Honestly who thought the Rams would win this game when the schedule came out? This was 1 of the 4 games I felt the Rams would lose this season. That being said, I always want them to win every week, and last week got my hopes up as it did many others I'm sure.

That being said it was a disappointing loss. Lots of positives as many have pointed out.
Whens the last time the Rams scored atleast 24 points in back to back weeks?
The O seems to be coming around, and if they can get off to a fast start instead of falling behind that will help the D.
TA showed maturity by not acting like an ass celebrating his first NFL TD, not sure many rookies would understand the situation and act as classy as he did.
Now for the bad
Special teams penalties leading to terrible field position.
The soft D as many have pointed out, this must stop if the Rams are to make a big splash this season.
The drops by WRs, still an issue but it is becoming less of an issue than the recent past.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
The Rams D rep. as run stuffers is overloading the pass D. Just easier to pass on Rams.
Soft coverage against Ryan is suicide, he will just pick a D apart then hit a big one. He frustrates a DB till he starts to jump routes then he goes long. That's how he makes his living.

Alas the penalties.
The drops. Hits you in the hands either catch it or knock it down.
Still concerned about Finnigan.
Jenkins did okay against Jones other than that 1 play, he needed safety help over the top. Not sure there is a CB that can stop Jones if Julio doesn't want to be stopped.

The ? call on C.Long on the first series put points on the board. That and the one long pass to Jones. Those 2 plays don't happen it could be a Ram win.

Overall, Meh with the play calling.

They have the determination to win now. They just need the discipline.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The Positives:

- Tavon Austin as a rookie is contributing (he's not blowing the league away, but he's a rookie)
- Ogletree was all over the place, particularly early
- No sacks on Bradford
- No huddle looked good
- Didn't quit. Fought back.
- Austin Pettis is off my shit list. But, still should not be starting (this is an Adam Goldberg like situation)
- Run defense
- Over 100 yards receiving for Chris Givens
- Bradford knows how to do comebacks

The things I didn't like:

- Sputtering start to the game. The team didn't look ready in all phases.
- Long's penalty on the first drive of the game. Terrible play by a veteran.
- Cunningham's decision to run out that kickoff. WTH?
- Special teams was just horrible - all game.
- The first drive of the second half. Really? That was the best you got coming out of halftime?
- Defense has been horrible against the pass, particularly anything short. Walton looks lost.
- Schotty has been out-game-planned two weeks in a row.
- The penalties! Come on man!
- Finnegan doesn't look like a $15M player
- Running game was weak - again.
- Punt return blocking isn't giving Austin a chance to go anywhere
- Dropped balls
- Austin juking too much on punt returns. Dude needs to get up field.
- Schotty doesn't seem to know what to do with Austin. Nothing creative yet.
- Cook was a non factor. He ran lazy routes at times too.

Graphicker

Starter
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tYnAf7PqV0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tYnAf7PqV0</a>

YOLO.

Graphicker

Starter
CGI_Ram said:
The Positives:

- Tavon Austin as a rookie is contributing (he's not blowing the league away, but he's a rookie)
- Ogletree was all over the place, particularly early
- No sacks on Bradford
- No huddle looked good
- Didn't quit. Fought back.
- Austin Pettis is off my shyte list. But, still should not be starting (this is an Adam Goldberg like situation)
- Run defense
- Over 100 yards receiving for Chris Givens
- Bradford knows how to do comebacks

The things I didn't like:

- Sputtering start to the game. The team didn't look ready in all phases.
- Long's penalty on the first drive of the game. Terrible play by a veteran.
- Cunningham's decision to run out that kickoff. WTH?
- Special teams was just horrible - all game.
- The first drive of the second half. Really? That was the best you got coming out of halftime?
- Defense has been horrible against the pass, particularly anything short. Walton looks lost.
- Schotty has been out-game-planned two weeks in a row.
- The penalties! Come on man!
- Finnegan doesn't look like a $15M player
- Running game was weak - again.
- Punt return blocking isn't giving Austin a chance to go anywhere
- Dropped balls
- Austin juking too much on punt returns. Dude needs to get up field.
- Schotty doesn't seem to know what to do with Austin. Nothing creative yet.
- Cook was a non factor. He ran lazy routes at times too.

I share all your opinions on this game...

Memphis Ram

Legend
Offensively:
More hurry up or no huddle offense seems rather obvious. Has for some time. It's how Bradford made his hay in college and he can do it again in the pros.

I absolutely hate that this team cannot run the football as it makes play action almost non existent. FB John "The Terminator" Conner is just waiting for your call Jeff Fisher. And er......could you please run behind Jake Long more.

Tavon Austin needs help. Whomever is blocking the gunners was doing a piss poor job. And Schottenhiemer doesn't seem to be very creative at all.

Were the seam routes taken away by the Falcons, Bradford, or Schottenhiemer?

Defensively:
Not a fan of the soft zone coverage pressure packages.

And the Rams soft zone seems far softer than other teams.

Why aren't the DTs getting their hands up on this quick routes. It's as if they are just relying upon their height.

This same gameplan is going to get the Rams embarrassed in Dallas.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The Falcons had 1 yard rushing in the first half.
We led in many statistical categories, and were only marginally behind in others.

We lost.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Hell, we thought the Rams loss was tough...

Anyone watching the Giants?

They clawed back within 8... then shot themselves in the foot with a bad bounce INT and Punt return for TD. Geez. The Giants look very blah.

A55VA6

Legend
Cardinals just won.. so that means we're tied for 2nd after tonight but also tied for last in the NFC West.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
A55VA6 said:
Cardinals just won.. so that means we're tied for 2nd after tonight but also tied for last in the NFC West.
Not really. We'll just be tied for 2nd. Division wins have more weight in a tie-breaking scenario.

bluecoconuts

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
A55VA6 said:
Not really. We'll just be tied for 2nd. Division wins have more weight in a tie-breaking scenario.

We'll be second by nature of tie breakers regardless of who wins. Not that it really matters.

A55VA6

Legend
X said:
A55VA6 said:
Ah yes. How could I forget that? lol

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
As usual, I'm not going to see the game until Wednesday so I'll just say CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, that's out of my system.

Almost forgot, I was reading the game day thread and somebody mentioned JJ letting a WR blow by him to score a TD cause he was peeking in the backfield instead of doing his job. Who'd a thunk it?

bskrilla

Starter
albefree69 said:
As usual, I'm not going to see the game until Wednesday so I'll just say CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, that's out of my system.

Almost forgot, I was reading the game day thread and somebody mentioned JJ letting a WR blow by him to score a TD cause he was peeking in the backfield instead of doing his job. Who'd a thunk it?

He should have had safety help. And I didn't see him "peeking" in the backfield.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
albefree69 said:
Instead of doing his job? Or in addition to doing his job?

I dunno, man. I don't know why that would be something with which you'd like to feel vindicated.
Especially after a loss that has most fans licking their wounds. JMO.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Watch R.McLeod chasing the play then quitting for a split second when JJ makes the diving(missed) tackle.
I'm not saying that McLeod catches Julio,but thats not the point.
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013091500/2013/REG2/rams@falcons#menu=highlights&tab=recap

There was also a 4th qtr swing pass(under 2 min to go) to Snelling where Rodney looked scared to finish the tackle on him.

Again,i didnt see the game(i'll watch full replay tomorrow) but just a couple key plays where it appeared to me that the youngster didn't finish the play.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
It's not a question of being right, it's a question of me worrying that he doesn't seem to be learning. I didn't see the game so the fact that I said that he was looking in the backfield was wholly my assumption and if after I see the play and I find I was wrong I won't mention it. :lol:

Plus, I could swear that the title of this thread has the word vent in it. Yes?

BTW, as you know from the other thread I meant instead of and not in addition too. We have a difference of opinion on what a DBs job should be if I recall correctly. :bg:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Look, we knew if the Falcons hung 30+ on the scoreboard then we had a very low chance in winning. The FRUSTRATING part was the pick 6 that wasn't even Bradford's fault for the second week in a row. That sux...

Score was close to what I expected, how it all unfolded was far from it.