Post game injury update Saffold & Barron

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Rams LG Rodger Saffold exited the game early with a rib injury, but Sean McVay said, "I think he's OK." Saffold was in good spirits and seemed fine postgame. ILB Mark Barron, a surprising inactive, has some soreness in his Achilles and has had a multitude of other ailments this season. "We'll have some updates on that moving forward," McVay said. Doesn't sound good.

i
Alden Gonzalez, ESPN Staff Writer

PatDaddy13

Rookie
Hopefully Saffold can go. He's been a huge part of the offense's success.

Barron might be done for the year which would suck too, but it would be harder to replace Saffold.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'm not happy about Barron, but with Littleton balling out, we're not missing him. He's truly been "next man up".

Honestly, I think Littleton is writing Barron's pink slip. If he has a good post-season, Littleton will likely keep the job.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Hope they both recover quickly especially Saffold, Littleton looked like he filled in nicely

Ram65

Legend
I'm not happy about Barron, but with Littleton balling out, we're not missing him. He's truly been "next man up".

Honestly, I think Littleton is writing Barron's pink slip. If he has a good post-season, Littleton will likely keep the job.

IDK Mac. Littleton made a couple of splash plays today. Barron has made lots of tackles and big plays. I'm not sure if down in and down out that Littleton is up to Barron's standard. Missing Barron hurts the depth as well. I'm glad the Rams have Littleton to step in.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Wow didn't know about the Achilles, thought the problem was his knee. that definitely sounds bad

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
@ macksayer, Like Littleton a lot, but he ain’t close to Barron - don’t kid yourself.

Ellard80

Legend
Yeah I'm not sure I see what people are talking about with Littleton... he got burned a few times on pass plays today.

On the 4th down play he was beat also but Mariota didnt throw the ball.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Littleton played very well. Yes he's still young and will continue to develop but I saw nothing today that would make me not want him in the lineup going forward.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Littleton. I love the reckless attitude he displays on the field. However, he's nowhere near Barron's equal in pass coverage.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I think Littleton has made some great plays, especially today. But I also saw him trailing in coverage a couple times today. Barron is a tough act to follow. Especially as we ramp up for the Playoffs.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Wow didn't know about the Achilles, thought the problem was his knee. that definitely sounds bad
McVay said that Barron had soreness in one of his knee last week, before that he had been dealing with a broken thumb & had been on the injury list for all but 2 wks this season & this is the first we have heard about Achilles issue. Pick your body part on Barron as to why he did not play in the last 2 games.I would imagine that Mark Barron will not play in the 9ers game either.

Cory Littleton is a outstanding reserve to Barron but he is not better than Mark. I would hope that Barron can heal up over missing most of 3 late seasons games & be ready for the playoffs. This will be Mark's first opportunity to play in a playoff game...I am sure he does not want to miss it.

Rodger Saffold should be able to get some rest this week. Rams really do not have a replacement for him Austin Blythe held up well enough when he took over for Rodger after the injury. The loss of Saffold in the playoff would be as serious as GZ if not more.

Last edited:

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Was Littleton on the KO return coverage yesterday?
If not, we sure missed him there.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I certainly hope Barron's injury doesn't keep him out of the playoffs. I know Littleton played well in his start. But can he do it over the course of several games? Will offenses figure out his weaknesses?

fearsomefour

Legend
McVay said that Barron had soreness in one of his knee last week, before that he had been dealing with a broken thumb & had been on the injury list for all but 2 wks this season & this is the first we have heard about Achilles issue. Pick your body part on Barron as to why he did not play in the last 2 games.I would imagine that Mark Barron will not play in the 9ers game either.

Cory Littleton is a outstanding reserve to Barron but he is not better than Mark. I would hope that Barron can heal up over missing most of 3 late seasons games & be ready for the playoffs. This will be Mark's first opportunity to play in a playoff game...I am sure he does not want to miss it.

Rodger Saffold should be able to get some rest this week. Rams really do not have a replacement for him Austin Blythe had all kinds of issues when he took over for Rodger after the injury. The loss of Saffold in the playoff would be as serious as GZ if not more.
There could certainly be an arguement made for resting Whitworth as well.
Along with some other guys on D.
Depends if there is a benefit in playoff seeding to be had.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
ILB Mark Barron, a surprising inactive, has some soreness in his Achilles and has had a multitude of other ailments this season. "We'll have some updates on that moving forward," McVay said. Doesn't sound good.
this is terrible news heading into the postseason...no other way to put it...
but with Littleton balling out, we're not missing him. He's truly been "next man up".
meh....not the same players....I have high hopes for Corey too....Just didn't show much improvement....I thought his run defense and pass coverage were lacking yesterday...TE's were open all day...and Corey fell off several tackles...seemed blocked a bunch...I think people remember his "splash" plays...
IDK Mac. Littleton made a couple of splash plays today. Barron has made lots of tackles and big plays. I'm not sure if down in and down out that Littleton is up to Barron's standard. Missing Barron hurts the depth as well. I'm glad the Rams have Littleton to step in.
agreed...
Yeah I'm not sure I see what people are talking about with Littleton
Splash plays matter..rather stand out in ones memory....

Cory was getting washed out on the runs...most plays...and was a step slow in pass coverage...thought it was his worst game. And he got a pick...strange game indeed...on to SF.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
@ macksayer, Like Littleton a lot, but he ain’t close to Barron - don’t kid yourself.
Agreed Littleton had a couple of Splash plays but he also got Exposed on a number of plays especially in pass coverage. And that's where Barron excel's

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

I've been one of Barron's staunchest supporters on this board.

My point is that Littleton is playing VERY well and the Rams are already way over what makes sense for the LB corps.

Is Barron better? Imho and with plenty of justification on film, yes.

Is Barron $9M+ better? That decision is above my pay grade, but I'd think not.

If they decide to keep Barron, you'll hear no complaints from me. He's proven to me time and again that he's a baller and I support him.

I just know this FO is gonna have some tough choices who to add and subtract and my point was that between Quinn really playing well as of late and Barron being injured and Littleton playing well in reserve that the equations of a few weeks ago may be changing.