Possible Narrative the next two weeks - Rams not deserving of SB Birth

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dea

BATTERYRAM
Name
BATTERYRAM
Anyone that complains about bad calls as the reason for a loss in a competitive sport is just a big crybaby. If a team truly feels a loss came down to one bad call they probably weren't the better team to begin with. Plus, the Rams have nothing to do with the officiating so trying to Sully their victory is just pathetic.

As far as the Saints fans go who have said that they won't tune in anymore because the game was "rigged" I think this is a fabulous outcome: if I never hear another whistle again I wouldn't complain

El caliente

Rookie
Name
Andrew
Exactly. My response is "i'll take the SB birth with all the controversy". Hell, Pats took the tuck rule to build a dynasty.
I said this a few days ago and completely blasted by folks here.

I said that you do whatever it takes to win, and don’t give an f what people think.

It’s true. You guys are going, and the Saints aren’t.

If the call goes the other way I’m not apologizing for the refs. That’s the NFL’s problem.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Good for the narrative hot take idiots.

They are doing an extreme disservice to the Rams and giving too much credit to the Saints, who made some terrible decisions and plays. Fact of the matter is no game is decided on one play. There are numerous controversial calls all game, many of them benefited the home team. If that no call is in the first quarter no one cares.

Fact of the matter is Rams were down 13-0, getting stomped in the first quarter and had every reason to fade. They outplayed the Saints from then on out. Made huge plays and out gained them by like 90 yards on the day.

Going back to the play, Saints still got points. Took a 3 point lead at home against an inexperienced QB inside two minutes. We still tied it up. Then they WON the coin toss in OT and still lost. Classless POS sore loser Payton starts off his press conference complaining. How about running the ball 3 x, kicking the FG, and giving the Rams the ball with no timeouts left? Breese also made some really questionable plays. The duck he threw up that Joyner whiffed on giving them a huge first down inside 2 minutes? That was a terrible play he got lucky on. The pass he made in OT that was batted and picked was also a terrible throw.

GTFO here with that "don't deserve to be in the Super Bowl" nonsense.

Last edited:

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Let em…. That's going to make the environment better for us. We have a young hungry team, and frontin on us is only going to make us more hungry in Atlanta...

Well said Saints fan above. When it happens you congratulate your opponent and move on. Hard fought game, could have gone either way. How about focusing on the Rams being 13-0 down and looking done and rallying to come back to beat the Saints in that hostile atmosphere

poLARizing

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They claim DB is the GOAT because he owns (or will own) every record before the sun sets on his career.

At the end of the day GOAT is up for interpretation. Are you going by stats or by titles.
Both have merits. Stats alone may get you to the Hall, aka Marino, but DB with his title has the edge over stats driven QBs. On the flip side, I don't think Eli Manning is a better QB than DB, but he has two titles. I like DB, I think he is a class act.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
People want to make it out as this eye-popping horrendously awful, epic fail call, but at full speed, it was closer to a bang bang play than a lot of people are willing to be honest about.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Good for the narrative hot take idiots.

They are doing an extreme disservice to the Rams and giving too much credit to the Saints, who made some terrible decisions and plays. Fact of the matter is no game is decided on one play. There are numerous controversial calls all game, many of them benefited the home team. If that no call is in the first quarter no one cares.

Fact of the matter is Rams were down 13-0, getting stomped in the first quarter and had every reason to fade. They outplayed the Saints from then on out. Made huge plays and out gained them by like 90 yards on the day.

Going back to the play, Saints still got points. Took a 3 point lead at home against an inexperienced QB inside two minutes. We still tied it up. Then they WON the coin toss in OT and still lost. Classless POS sore loser Payton starts off his press conference complaining. How about running the ball 3 x, kicking the FG, and giving the Rams the ball with no timeouts left? Breese also made some really questionable plays. The duck he threw up that Joyner whiffed on giving them a huge first down inside 2 minutes? That was a terrible play he got lucky on. The pass he made in OT that was batted and picked was also a terrible throw.

GTFO here with that "don't deserve to be in the Super Bowl" nonsense.

Asshole Face is covering for himself. He's talking about how conservative he would have been after a PI call... but him not being conservative leading up to the no-call cost his team the game. They threw the ball Twice in three plays with the ball down there...left us with all that time on the clock, and a timeout left. He knows he messed up and he's scapegoating the no call....

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
@Ewe83

and

@El caliente

Please do me this one favor...PLEASE...

Don't use the most ridiculously overused cliche on the Sports planet in this forum. In case you don't know... when I hear anyone use "at the end of the day" in any form of communication, I nearly lose my mind. It's the worst cliche in existence now. Try to faze it out of your mind and never use it again... especially HERE.

PLEASE and THANK YOU

I don't have much of a mind as it is, so when I lose it completely I can be a real pain in the ass.

Thanks again.

96GS#007

Pro Bowler
People want to make it out as this eye-popping horrendously awful, epic fail call, but at full speed, it was closer to a bang bang play than a lot of people are willing to be honest about.

Agree. It's also about the angle the play is being viewed from. From the sideline replay, at full speed, it does look like the ball is passing NRC and the receiver as the hit occurs. From other angles, it's clearly not the case.

We were fortunate on that call. However to everyone else's point....
- The Saints left 8 points on the field in the first quarter. It could have easily been a 21-0 game rather than 13-0
- There were at least 3 missed face mask penalties on the Saints
- In the 4th quarter, there was a play where a Saints player jumped on our guy after he was down. Surprised there was no personal foul called there
- The Saints failed to stop the other 20 points worth of Rams scoring drives
- The Saints failed to stop the game tying drive
- The Saints failed to score in OT after winning the coin toss
- The Saints tossed up an interception in OT
- The Saints failed to stop the Rams drive into field goal range in OT
- The Saints failed to block the game winning field goal

Hmmmmm.....looks like maybe there was more to the game than one blown PI call.

Do we all like to complain about the refs? Oh yeah! It's a sport unto itself to bitch about the Zebras. Nonetheless, one call didn't make the game.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
I don't care what they say. They will believe in conspiracy theories or whatever they want to believe in. Nothing will change their minds. The Rams will not get any credit going forward. So what? Even if they stomp the Patriots(they won't)people will put an asterisk next to the win. Details of the game no longer matter. All that matters is that play.

You just gotta accept it and look forward.

My only fear is that subconsciously the refs in the Superbowl may make the Rams pay for the anger generated by the no-call. If the Pats win everyone will hold their nose and that will be that. If the Rams win the noise will get louder and instead of the Rams just robbing the Saints of a Superbowl appearence, it will be that they robbed them of the championship itself because, of course the Saints would have won that too just like the chip shot field goal would have gone in by their kicker to win the game because---no one ever misses them.

I'm getting ready to hear it at work today.

I will never look at it that way. And ten years from now, no one will care.

Go win the Superbowl. For the team and for the Rams fans.

No one else matters.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
This is so ironic for me now. My GF is from Boston and a huge Patriot fan. She saw some of the blown or missed calls that would of changed things even more for us. Yet the only one people will ever remember or talk about is the one that wasn't called that, yes, would of ended the game for us basically.

She says to me, welcome to what I have heard every year for a decade +

I don't care what people say, we all know the missed calls and what could have changed the game if the face mask was called like it should of. We pretty much shut them down and it's not our fault they didn't do more to win the game. They had a 13 nothing lead at home and couldn't keep it. Both teams got away with shit, it's how it goes.
Nothing anyone says will change the fact we're going to the SB.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
@Ewe83

and

@El caliente

Please do me this one favor...PLEASE...

Don't use the most ridiculously overused cliche on the Sports planet in this forum. In case you don't know... when I hear anyone use "at the end of the day" in any form of communication, I nearly lose my mind. It's the worst cliche in existence now. Try to faze it out of your mind and never use it again... especially HERE.

PLEASE and THANK YOU

I don't have much of a mind as it is, so when I lose it completely I can be a real pain in the ass.

Thanks again.

giphy.gif

Noted

Rainram

Starter
But somehow everyone didn’t mind the Saints getting home field advantage with even worse officiating in their Steelers game this year. The Steelers got hosed even worse and it likely cost the Steelers a playoff birth and cost us HFA.

What was the Saints reaction to that???

A visual if you will...

Joe-Haden-Alvin-Kamara-pass-interference.jpg

Last edited:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
But somehow everyone didn’t mind the Saints getting home field advantage with even worse officiating in their Steelers game this year. The Steelers got hosed even worse and it likely cost the Steelers a playoff birth and cost us HFA.

What was the Saints reaction to that???

Well, yeah, that's different, because reasons ....

tempests

Hall of Fame
Rams have a 15-3 overall record this year. No team won more games.

Unfortunate that controversy overshadows this playoff game but we came back from 13-0 and 20-10 in one of the hardest places to play. Yeah, we deserve to be here.

Ram65

Legend
Seems like the bad calls evened out. No matter what they do the human error is something that is part of the game. Rams win 26-23 in OT and move on to the SB.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Jesus how many more of these threads do we need? :dizzy: