Poll: who do you predict will be Rams starting OG on opening day?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

On the other side of Edwards, who will be Rams starting OG on opening day

• Bobby Evans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coleman Shelton

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • Logan Bruss

Votes: 31 60.8%
  • Tremayne Anchrum

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nighttrain

Legend
I'm sure there would be an active market if the Rams wanted to move him at this time, but I'm not seeing it just yet as the team is already somewhat disrupted with the losses of Whitworth & Corbett. I thought that Havenstein might have been a candidate for extension earlier, bringing some CAP savings, ... and RT is still a position with no obvious reserve back-up set in stone, although there are several guys who might vie for the position like Edwards, Evans, Pircher & Brewer. Anchrum is undersized for OT, but he successfully stood out during last years pre-season games. Edwards, Evans & Brewer are scheduled to enter free agency in 2023, so at this time they are no real threat to Havensten's starting job, we might get a better feel for what the future holds in store at RT as the next two drafts play-out and how the competition plays this pre-season.
jmo.
I forgot to take into consideration the loss of Whitworth & Corbett. Memory sucks, old age aint for sissies:bigcry:

train

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Trading Havenstein isn't going to and shouldn't happen but Alaric Jackson has gotten the looks and impressed so far as a swing tackle over all those other guys you mentioned atm

True enough, although Jackson had been a college LT, and he might be best kept on that side of the line for awhile longer. He seems to have become our best bet as a reserve LT, so I'd be very disappointed if he became injured while competing elsewhere. We were very fortunate to only have Whitworth & Noteboom out together at the same time only once for a short time, it's just not a gamble I'm ready for as we try to repeat. jmo.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Am I the only person who really likes Edwards? He gets nowhere near enough credit.

I liked Brian Allen last year so I'm quite happy going against the grain.
The issue has been trying to take a good college starting RT with one season starting @ LT & moving him inside. I have no real issues with the flabby soft Bobby Evans fighting for the swing OT position.

The issue the last two seasons is the magnitude of practice time & pre-season snaps that have been invested & totally wasted on Bobby Evans learning to play the NFL OG posts.

Way past time to even think of Evans ever playing an OG post. Fact is Evans is a OT!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Could it be time to trade Havenstein? Make Edwards the right tackle, his best position in college.

Guess it would depend on if their is a market for Havenstein.

train
One big obstacle that comes into play when I consider this ...... would be the fact that this former starting college RT David Edwards has been the Rams starting OG since he was a rookie (2019).

The Rams have really not done much to anything to cultivate any real possible starting long-term OG's on the past & current OL rosters until yesterday's very late 3rd rd selection.

We sure have not seen this near 6-7 308lb Edwards play very many snaps @ RT since his rookie preseason. What we have seen from Edwards since he arrived is that he is a very good pass blocker as a Rams starting OG.

Last TC & preseason OL Carberry used Tremayne Anchrum @ RT along with working him in at the OG posts too. OT Alaric Jackson sure looked much better @ LT than he did anywhere else.

The Rams used their first selection in the 2022 NFL Draft on Wisconsin guard Logan Bruss, who was chosen in the third round, 104th overall.

Here's what you should know about him:
1) Sound in pass protection
According to scouting service Pro Football Focus, Bruss allowed only one sack since 2019 on 596 snaps.

View: https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1520244139153305605?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1520244139153305605%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.therams.com%2Fnews%2Fnfl-draft-2022-get-to-know-wisconsin-g-logan-bruss-pick-104

2) Making a difference
According to his school bio, Bruss volunteered with Difference MAKER Football Camp for students with disabilities.

3) Band of Badgers
Bruss is the third Wisconsin product on the Rams roster, joining offensive lineman Rob Havenstein and David Edwards.

Edwards and Bruss' time at Wisconsin overlapped for two seasons – 2018 and 2019.

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1520456396076060672

4) Athletic background
Bruss started three games as a blocking tight end during his redshirt freshman season at Wisconsin, as well as three at right tackle, before switching to offensive line full-time.

In high school, he lettered in track and was an all-conference selection in the discus and also played basketball.

5) Never not working
TheRams.com asked each of the team's draft picks, as you have developed in your football career from high school to now being drafted into the NFL, can you share how you were Always Working to get to this point?
Here was what Bruss had to say:

"Yeah, the cool thing with football is the love of the game can bring you a long way and for me with football, I kept setting new goals as I met him. At first, my goal was just getting into a college like Wisconsin, and then my goal became just playing and being a big contributor, and I just wanted to be the best player I could be for the rest of the guys, the rest of the coaches that put in all that work with me. So obviously, when you start hearing that playing in the NFL is a possibility, that just gives you more motivation to go chase a dream like that. I just think it's a constant cycle of getting better, leaning on the guys around you. They care a lot about you, they tell you what you need to improve. Just doing those things day in and day out has helped me get to this point."

Last edited: