POLL-Salary Cap.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Your opinion on the Salary Cap.

• Keep it.

Votes: 48 76.2%
  • Eliminate it.

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • I don't care it isn't my money.

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Players should play for the love of the game.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Your opinion of the salary cap considering Kroenke has the deepest pockets?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Eliminate the salary CAP and i'm done with the NFL. I don't watch other sports because wealthy owners can damn near buy championships, that's not for me. jmo.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I want to see the Rams win. Kroenke could pay for anyone he wants. I also like blowout victories.

I don't really care, but I don't see a downside to eliminating it.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Keep it, but raise it. The players are the ones being crippled out there, but the owners have been using the fact that they are able to play the long game to reduce the cap the last few negotiations, since players with their short careers cannot afford long strikes.

They will never agree to eliminating it, and it's not worth it for us fans to go without the NFL for a year or more. More, and as suggested, perhaps a different cap for QBs, so that having a QB on his second contract doesn't hurt the rest of the team so much.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Keep it but create a separate QB cap.

Keep the CAP but just put a maximum percentage on the highest paid player. A $200mil League Cap with the top player receiving 10% of CAP max = top player having no more than a $20.mil. team CAP per season. This is just an example, you guys can work out the max % . jmo.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Foolish suggestion Kroenke's pockets are 4 BILLION over budget on the stadium.
If he's worth $9 billion then he's still got a few billion $ between the cushions in the sofa.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Cap is good for the game overall. So I am a HUGE supporter.

I pretty much quit watching MLB because the playing field is just not level, without a cap.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Keep it but lower it. These dudes make too much money. Problem is that money would just go to the owners. Sooooo... raise it. :p

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
Eliminate the salary CAP and i'm done with the NFL. I don't watch other sports because wealthy owners can damn near buy championships, that's not for me. jmo.

Indeed.
Keep it.
English football has been dictated, largely, by which club has the deepest pockets.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They raise the cap and the additional money ends up going to the top 10% any way.
I’d like to see them incorporate something either like the NBA where you can go over the cap to re-sign your own player (Larry Bird rule) or like MLB where if you go over, you pay a “penalty”. Exception being that I wouldn’t want the “penalty money” being distributed to the other teams like MLB as that offers incentive for “smaller market” teams to spend less.

The salary cap benefits the players as it ensures the revenue split is being applied to players

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Keep it but create a separate QB cap.
I agree to a point. I think there should be a cap on any player to get a certain percentage of the cap. Say max of 13% for the heck of it. After all, the cap and the current rookie deal was to put more money in the longer-term players pockets. But is that really what's happening?

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Irrelevant on Sundays.
Completely untrue. Location, money and the teams ability to compete are the 3 factors that goes into every free agent, but don't be fooled money is everything.

Every owner is a billionaire so they all can afford to pay free agents so then other factors matter - eventually certain teams will be hurt and others will thrive and that usually in the larger media markets. Hence why the Lakers do better. Players want to play here.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Completely untrue. Location, money and the teams ability to compete are the 3 factors that goes into every free agent, but don't be fooled money is everything.

Every owner is a billionaire so they all can afford to pay free agents so then other factors matter - eventually certain teams will be hurt and others will thrive and that usually in the larger media markets. Hence why the Lakers do better. Players want to play here.

Until Sundays in the fall roll around, when said FAs are standing on the sideline watching a late rounder or UDFA make a play on offense or defense.