POLL: Just want to check our Sloman Pulse

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sloman released: The Sloman thread and his story

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He has been around. Only 2 seasons with 16 games played. Hasn't been able to stick even with a 86.8 Career success percentage. IDK he has a 50% TB rate. Look at his numbers at the link.

Recently cut from Panthers PS. Falcons gave him a look 2 days ago.

He's decently accurate but lacks power. That's why he struggles to stick places.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Sloman is lucky he didn’t play for the Rams during the Fisher era. He would of probably been cut the first game because he would of had to kick 7 field goals a game 50 yds +, but yeah its still too early, but I hope our O doesn’t rely on him too much I rather get the 6 and the extra.

Last edited:

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I trust the coaches. If they think he can be great, let him work through it. In his first five games as a rookie, Saints Kicker Wil Lutz went 7/11 (63.6%). Since then, he's 118/131 (90.1%) in his NFL career. I'll leave this to the coaches. They have my trust.

Agreed. I trust our staff. I just wanted to get a feel of if ROD is agreeing with my impatience or if
I am the only one worried about this kid.
Do you have any thoughts on why he continues kick balls way too low without getting any lift?

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Sloman is lucky he didn’t play for the Rams during the Fisher era. He would of probably been cut the first game because he would of had to kick 7 field goals a game 50 yds +, but yeah its still too early, but I hope our O doesn’t rely on him too much I rather get the 6 and the extra.
Maybe that's all he needs is a fisher ball game where he is having to attempt several field goals.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Body language? That’s like the the nonsense people give Goff when they say he’s not an intense leader

Disagree. Body language can reveal a lot about someone.
Don't see how the two are similar in any way. Goff carries himself very confidently
Has very little to do with being an intense leader. Apples and Oranges.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Some of you guys who say we need to be patient.
What would be your time line is he continues to struggle?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who would be next? Any names anyone?

At this point, the Rams made their choice out of three kickers. IIRC teams that had problems with their original kickers last year still had problems with replacements. I think the Rams should have an option in mind but, they have to give the kid some time to get in a groove. I guess a target time would be before heading into the break to consider pulling him and decide what to do.
Plus both the kickers we let go in favor of Sloman are so good that with close to a dozen kicker transactions neither of them have been picked up. But we somehow fucked up picking Sloman over them :D

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
I wished we picked the other kicker. This guy is a midget. I mean, he looks like he has stubby T Rex arms. What if he has to gulp..... tackle someone ?

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Are we still going to be patient if he keeps averaging one miss per game?

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Have a short list, but he gets this week and maybe next

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I trust the coaches. I won't let one miss into the wind from 53 yards tell the story. Sloman did well with his other kicks.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed. I trust our staff. I just wanted to get a feel of if ROD is agreeing with my impatience or if
I am the only one worried about this kid.
Do you have any thoughts on why he continues kick balls way too low without getting any lift?

I know nothing about the mechanics of kicking, so I'm useless on that question.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
Who's better?

I am going to trust the coaching staff on this one. If he can nail the kicks that need to be made I am ok with him. The kicks he does make seem to split the uprights.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
How about a proven vet who’s hit on 100% of his attempts? 8 for 8, including a long of 54?

Ladies and gents, I present to you:

SAM FICKEN! :cool:

1A63A666-502B-46CC-AFF2-CC7D07E794BF.jpeg

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wished we picked the other kicker. This guy is a midget. I mean, he looks like he has stubby T Rex arms. What if he has to gulp..... tackle someone ?

View: https://giphy.com/gifs/wWcPvd7earhmw/html5
J/K

Sloman's trajectory concerns me, even his shorter attempts seem to have a very low trajectory. I can see a few blocked kicks in the future. Hopefully he can work on that.