Playing 10-12 yards off their receivers...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
I think mixing looks is good.
Playing a zone or whatever and running Ramsey opposite Kittle on 3rd and passing down sometimes.
I think if the Rams can run the ball at least well enough to keep the D honest, it won't matter what D we play.
I can't really seeing the Rams winning this game unfortunately.
I certainly would love to be proven wrong.
Controlling the ball is key vs the Whiners.....if you don't, they will or certainly can.
Allen and Van coming back doesn't seem like enough to control the ball vs their D......but, time will tell.
I would like to see some deep shots to Atwell this week. Bring him in motion, out of the backfield etc to create a mismatch and let him run.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
That's not a vague prediction. ;)

If the Rams had scored 21 points in each game, without the Ram's offense scoring for the other team, the Rams are 5-1 right now.

The last game, our defense gave up 17 points and we still had a chance in the 4th quarter until the pick 6 happened.

Also, the Rams had a bye, are playing at home and are getting some key players back for this game. It won't be a cake walk, but we should be able to play well, or at least a heck of a lot better, and hopefully good enough to win.

Oh, and no blocked punts, missed FG's or turnovers.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I have one simple questions for you.

Do you think we have ANY chance of winning Sunday if our DBs line up 10-12 yards deep and let the short passes happen?
ANY chance?
If we don’t change anything up….Two chances.
Slim and none.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And give up more points on defense than the last time the Rams played them?

Makes sense.

Every game is different. The whiners had to chase points against the chiefs.

While they play keep away from the Rams because the rams let them cruise their way down the field and don't score many points against them. So the whiners keep doing what they do, slowly and methodically work their way down the field. That's the kind of game the whiners like to play.

How about trying to make them play the game they don't want to play.

Maybe if the d forced some 3 and outs it may kick start the offense into scoring some points.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see a lot changing in this game. Both teams will probably play the same way as all the others. There might be some changes to the playbook with CMC and Van Jefferson/Brian Allen playing, but whoever wins the turnover battle is probably going to win this game. Go Rams! Send those 49er faithful home sad, depressed, and out of money again and hopefully they will stay home next time.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So you're saying we WILL win if we play defense at 10-12 yards deep? (on their receivers)
I'd just like you to put your answer on record.
If the defense holds them to 17 points, as they have the last 2 times they've played, then its irrelevant as to how deep they set.
And if they hold them to 17, and dont win? It's clearly not the defense "fault"

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Against some teams it works. Its designed to limit big plays and touchdowns. It worked perfectly against Arizona. But it won't work against the 49ers. The shorter, quicker passes are a staple of that offense. And for whatever reason we can't tackle Deebo on those plays. Play that game against their offense and we'll see longer drives and them controlling the clock.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have one simple questions for you.

Do you think we have ANY chance of winning Sunday if our DBs line up 10-12 yards deep and let the short passes happen?
ANY chance?
No. The Rams started out that way versus Carolina and McCaffrey took them right down the field.

Plus that gives Garapolo all of his underneath passes that he loves.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Every game is different. The whiners had to chase points against the chiefs.

While they play keep away from the Rams because the rams let them cruise their way down the field and don't score many points against them. So the whiners keep doing what they do, slowly and methodically work their way down the field. That's the kind of game the whiners like to play.

How about trying to make them play the game they don't want to play.

Maybe if the d forced some 3 and outs it may kick start the offense into scoring some points.

I bet the 9ers would really not like playing a game where they're behind by two touchdowns.
I bet they wouldn't like playing a game where they didn't get an easy pick six.
I'm sure they wouldn't like to play a game where the opposing offense scored 35 points.

How about scoring? Maybe if the offense scored.. it would put pressure on the 9ers offense to take some risks?

The *RAMS* want to play that kind of game at the moment.. they know they can't go trading touchdowns at the moment.

The Rams only gave up 327 yards the last time these two teams played and they won the time of possession battle.

I expect them to mix up coverages a little more in this game, because Kendrick has a few more games under his belt.

Tano

Legend
No. The Rams started out that way versus Carolina and McCaffrey took them right down the field.

Plus that gives Garapolo all of his underneath passes that he loves.
Yeah - Morris adjusted his defense after the first two series to play more aggressive and Carolina couldn't do crap except for the one run by McCaffery in the 4th quarter. The QB only tried one pass over 10 yards that entire game. We put a lot of pressure on the QB in that game and he threw almost all of his passes behind the line of scrimmage.

They need to have the exact same aggressive game plan against the whiners.

Maybe we can get an interception and a few sacks against them.

Tano

Legend
I bet the 9ers would really not like playing a game where they're behind by two touchdowns.
I bet they wouldn't like playing a game where they didn't get an easy pick six.
I'm sure they wouldn't like to play a game where the opposing offense scored 35 points.

How about scoring? Maybe if the offense scored.. it would put pressure on the 9ers offense to take some risks?

The *RAMS* want to play that kind of game at the moment.. they know they can't go trading touchdowns at the moment.

The Rams only gave up 327 yards the last time these two teams played and they won the time of possession battle.

I expect them to mix up coverages a little more in this game, because Kendrick has a few more games under his belt.
And they have Durant and Hill back. Plus having Allen over Kolone should be a HUGE difference. I am hoping that Allen will primarily help Evans out in the game. I think Abdoushi can hold his own (of course I could be dreaming there).

I am wondering if Allen's knee was bothering him the entire game against Buffalo and was just not telling anyone because he did not have a good game against Buffalo after the first series.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
And they have Durant and Hill back. Plus having Allen over Kolone should be a HUGE difference. I am hoping that Allen will primarily help Evans out in the game. I think Abdoushi can hold his own (of course I could be dreaming there).

I am wondering if Allen's knee was bothering him the entire game against Buffalo and was just not telling anyone because he did not have a good game against Buffalo after the first series.
He had fluid drained from the knee *before* the Buffalo game, from what I read. So, your eyes were probably not lying to you.

Evans had his best game yet at LG in his last game. Let's just hope he plays at least that well.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
We just need to come out ready to play a physical and disciplined game. Tackling needs to be on point on defense since the Whiners big plays only came against us because of that. Also the o-line needs to give Stafford time on passing downs. We do that, we will win.

Tano

Legend
He had fluid drained from the knee *before* the Buffalo game, from what I read. So, your eyes were probably not lying to you.
That is not a good thing to have done right before a game. I know people who had fluid drained from the knee and usually your knees are in a lot of pain for a couple weeks. And then hurting the knee in the game - OUCH!!

One tough dude to be able to play the entire game

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I hope you are right but I am not counting on it
So many variables… I wouldn’t say I’m counting on it.. but I think there’s a chance he settles in at about last week’s level.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Spags took away the middle. Jimmy G throws mostly over the middle and taking that away really untracks their offense

JustMe

Rookie
Name
Just Me
And give up more points on defense than the last time the Rams played them?

Makes sense.
Keep playing the same defense that the 49ers have beat the last 6 out of 7 games makes even more sense.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Keep playing the same defense that the 49ers have beat the last 6 out of 7 games makes even more sense.
Keep not scoring points against them seems to be the bigger issue in most of the games.. and not turning the ball over.. especially pick-6s.
The offense was the reason the Rams lost the last game to the 9ers.. not the defense. And it's not close.

And the Defense has been different.. They beat Brandon Staley's #1 rated scheme.. or did you forget that part? With a 3rd string QB.

So.. your response is non-sensical.