Plaschke- Wide-eyed Rams acting like they haven't been here before

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
must fill space... article due... need to write about something... anything...

BadCompany

Rookie
But on the field, in big and unfamiliar situations, these Rams have initially struggled to find their footing.

Two weeks ago in the NFC championship game in the deafening New Orleans Superdome, their first quarter was awful, and they exited it with a 13-0 deficit to the Saints.

In the divisional round against the Dallas Cowboys, they had another lousy first quarter and trailed 7-3.

It seemingly takes Goff time to find his feet underneath him. It takes Gurley time to find his rhythm, at least when he’s had his rhythm.

These Patriots are the opposite, a team that never shows any panic in giant games, or did you already forget how they overcame a 28-3 deficit to the Atlanta Falcons in the Super Bowl a couple of years ago?

So let me understand this... The Rams are at a disadvantage because they started off slow and then came back to win, but the Patriots are at an advantage because... they started off slow and then came back to win?

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
So let me understand this... The Rams are at a disadvantage because they started off slow and then came back to win, but the Patriots are at an advantage because... they started off slow and then came back to win?

lost in the media slobber fest over the Pats and Brady is the fact they gave up 31 points in the second half.

also if dee ford isn't off sides on a play he had zero impact on, GOAT Brady has a 3 pick game.

They're beatable, and we'll beat them.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
lol. Lighten up Plaschke.

“It doesn’t feel real, I’ll tell you that much,’’ he said. “It does not feel real at all.”

It is real. The Rams need to figure that out. Real fast.

Stop being a dope. Of course they know it's real. Let them enjoy the experience. It's a rare, rare blessing to even be there.
I know...Talk about obsessing over every syllable a young guy utters, as though that indicates anything about Super Bowl 53

jjab360

Legend
But on the field, in big and unfamiliar situations, these Rams have initially struggled to find their footing.

Two weeks ago in the NFC championship game in the deafening New Orleans Superdome, their first quarter was awful, and they exited it with a 13-0 deficit to the Saints.

In the divisional round against the Dallas Cowboys, they had another lousy first quarter and trailed 7-3.

It seemingly takes Goff time to find his feet underneath him. It takes Gurley time to find his rhythm, at least when he’s had his rhythm.

These Patriots are the opposite, a team that never shows any panic in giant games, or did you already forget how they overcame a 28-3 deficit to the Atlanta Falcons in the Super Bowl a couple of years ago?
Question. Does this blowhard know what the word opposite means? Because he just described two teams overcoming an early deficit and winning. Why is it that one team took a while to find their rhythm and started out playing lousy and awful because they were panicked and the other team had their opponent right where they wanted them the whole time?

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
24bd9bc48f6aabf5df3ae551731bb5d6--peanuts-gang-goodnight-snoopy-1.jpg

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
During the Super Bowl opening gala show the press tried very hard to get players on both sides to put their foot in their mouth. Nobody bit.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
The patriots have scored a TOTAL of 3 points in the first quarter of their last 8 super bowls, combined. That s right, 3 fucking points. Not an average of 3 points but 3 points in 8 first quarters. And this asswipe wants to make slow starts for the rams a talking point?

Ram65

Legend
Different coaching styles and different teams so what's the big deal.

I'm hoping the Rams come out and play there best. I think they will be focused from the beginning.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Vons wishes them luck! new mail today. Bring home the chip!
20190130_140156.jpg

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Follow the quote of John Sullivan and Vinnie B tweet. Rams have faced a lot of crap the last two years and had zero issues with it. Nothing you can do about super bowl inexperience. Philly and Atlanta didn’t have it either. Didn’t seem to bother them.

Rams will be ready. Fact no one thinks we’ll win. All the better.

And why are the twin tragedies of the mass shooting and wildfires so ignored???

We had players affected, moved from their homes, reaching out to victims and so much more! What NRC went through alone is enough to affect a team.

But we can’t humanize the Rams... have to constantly genuflect to Belichick, Brady and the Pats. Makes me sick.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
A quick fact about the experienced Patriots. In their last eight SB appearances they have scored a total of 3 points in the 1st quarter... combined!

They had that stat on ESPN I think. Stunning when you think about it.

RAMBUSH

Starter
You heard it here first .... should patten it .... Rams gonna put the goat out to pasture ...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I trust vinnie.

Yeah Vinny has become the best sportswriter in the market period, due mainly to his even-handed takes on not only the Rams but whatever he writes about. Personally I detest the media members who go out of their way to drive their storylines, which is probably most of them. Plaschke is hit & miss, if he were a member of the Rams he'd be a career special teams guy who is sort of just there, sort of like Whicker from the OC rag.

And another thing here IMO is the older guard writers who were around when the Rams were inherited by Georgia need to go through that period of acceptance that the Rams are an elite franchise now. Love or hate him, it's obvious Kroenke is an elite owner who has put his focus into his football team, and it honestly might as well be a different franchise than the one who left OC under Georgia and the Shaw regime.

This isn't the time for local writers to fight the acceptance of the Rams being elite. Rather it's the time to accept that they are right now in a remarkable time and place and should be enjoying it.

Oh and btw I do think Plaschke's title was a bit of click-bait too btw. Not like the article was terrible or anything, but Bill is still a "special teamer" to my eye at least. :D