Plain name, flashy hair -- John Johnson finds star role on Rams' loaded defense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sure hope that GM Snead can work his magic in the 2019 Draft & finds another JJ III type safety rookie starter @ safety with one of those 2nd day draft selections. Rams should end up with 3 selection to find a safety gold nugget.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/john-johnson?id=2558183

I do not see a returning slot cornerback/ safetyLamarcus Joyner under any circumstances. The Rams had to make a early decision on LJ before the early March FA'cy. A decision had been made to let starting CB Tru Johnson walk & to cut the other starting corner Webster. 2017 starting Nickle NRC was a UFA. Rams were in a serious hunt for 3 corners & LJ was a Ram corner for 3 seasons.Rams moved fast in the early off season to work on Wade's DB.

Here's a review of Rams work in 4 wks (Feb/March) on Wade seconday:

Feb. 20, 2018 Rams designated UFA Joyner as thier franchised safety/Corner.
Feb 23, 2018 traded for All Pro 4 yr veteran Corner Marcus Peters.
March 8, 2018 traded for All Pro 11 yr veteran Corner Aqib Talib.
March 8th 2018 signed ex All Pro 8 yr veteran Corner Sam Shields.
March 13, 2018 Resigned 6 yr veteran UFA Nickle Corner NRC to 3 year, $16 mil. contract $8 mil. guaranteed

Summerizing an unbelievable early 4 wks work :dizzy:. Wade got five corners in the end. I am of the opinion that LJ's main value is in his ability to play & start at all of the secondary posts. LJ versatily made him so valuable to the Rams early this year. Back in February Wade was in serious need of corners & LJ could easlily been his 3rd or 4th corner if needed. So that $11.3 mil. price was a good decision then. However this coming February the need for LJ's services has changed considerably.

Last edited:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Hope his ceiling is on par with Adam Archuleta.

Man id have loved to have seen Arch in ths hybrid linebacker/SS role we have now ... he coulda been all pro

I have totally different memories of AA. He was terrible as often as he was average and was out of the NFL shortly after leaving the Rams who held onto him way too long.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have totally different memories of AA. He was terrible as often as he was average and was out of the NFL shortly after leaving the Rams who held onto him way too long.
He went to Washington as the highest paid safety in the league .. but his back (which was badly injured) never held out

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He went to Washington as the highest paid safety in the league .. but his back (which was badly injured) never held out

He also went from average to bad as a player if I recall.

If we are going to use Snyder as a talent evaluator I will LOL through this thread.

What you ust said is equal to "Bradford got the highest rookie contract ever".

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
iu