Pick Two: Best Rams WR's

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Blaine Grisak of DTR posed this question on twitter and I think it's an interesting one. Which pair of former Rams receivers would you pick to be on a mythical Rams team with 1999 Kurt Warner at QB? Pick a Pair from:

Isaac Bruce
Torry Holt
Henry Ellard
Flipper Anderson
Cooper Kupp
Robert Woods
Az Hakim
Ricky Prohl
Jack Snow
Crazy Legs Hirsch
OBJ
Billy Waddy

I was going to make this a poll, but there would be too many combination choices, so hit me with your best shot! I got Rev Ike and Cooper Kupp!

YQZDaLM.gif

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

I was surprised and confused when I saw this.

Now that I think about it and re-visited the box-score, I think (while accurate) it's a little miss-leading.

Stafford-to-Kupp was 7-for-7 (targets), with a TD and 17 yards-per-attempt. Those are the stats that drive the Passer Rating (completion %, yards-per-attempt and TDs-to-Ints). So a perfect Passer Rating of 158.3 results.

Stafford-to-Higbee was 6-of-8 (targets), with two TDs and 9 yards-per-attempt. That's probably very close to being a perfect Passer Rating when targeting TEs.

The stats when Targeting "all other WRs" (Beckham, Jefferson and Skowronek) was 4-of-10 but the key is that both of the interceptions came on attempts to Skowronek and Beckham. Those interceptions alone, without a TD; plus a low completion-%, results in a very low Passer Rating.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Bruce and Holt

I don’t think I change that. Those two were like a well choreographed dance in how they played together… perfect compliments.

That said… Kupp could play WITH them and holy sh!t imagine that 3 WR set!!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bruce and Holt

I don’t think I change that. Those two were like a well choreographed dance in how they played together… perfect compliments.

That said… Kupp could play WITH them and holy sh!t imagine that 3 WR set!!
YOUSONOFA ~ Az Hakim

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I was surprised and confused when I saw this.

Now that I think about it and re-visited the box-score, I think (while accurate) it's a little miss-leading.

Stafford-to-Kupp was 7-for-7 (targets), with a TD and 17 yards-per-attempt. Those are the stats that drive the Passer Rating (completion %, yards-per-attempt and TDs-to-Ints). So a perfect Passer Rating of 158.3 results.

Stafford-to-Higbee was 6-of-8 (targets), with two TDs and 9 yards-per-attempt. That's probably very close to being a perfect Passer Rating when targeting TEs.

The stats when Targeting "all other WRs" (Beckham, Jefferson and Skowronek) was 4-of-10 but the key is that both of the interceptions came on attempts to Skowronek and Beckham. Those interceptions alone, without a TD; plus a low completion-%, results in a very low Passer Rating.
It is startling.

Seems there is a trust factor with Kupp and with Higbee.

Not as much, other than fades, to Beckham, Jefferson and Skowronek.

That's how I see it...trust. We know Beckham hasn't been in the right spots, sometimes.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Not based on career numbers it’s nearly impossible to separate the greats that the Rams organization have had. Picking 2 to go with Kurt???? What offense are they running? Do they have ED or Marshall at RB?

Ike because he’s maybe the best outside???? Would Snow be better with Kurt?

If they are running Martz offense could Kupp produce from outside?

If they are running some other offense with Sony Michele at RB could Holt produce?

Crazy Legs not in the pair? He was dominant before anyone thought the passing game was real.

Man, I just don’t know how to choose.

Ram65

Legend
Elard became too valuable as a WR so they stopped having him return punts. He was averaging around 13.5 for his first 3 seasons.

Attachments

• unnamed(1).png
    unnamed(1).png
    173.6 KB · Views: 40

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not based on career numbers it’s nearly impossible to separate the greats that the Rams organization have had. Picking 2 to go with Kurt???? What offense are they running? Do they have ED or Marshall at RB?

Ike because he’s maybe the best outside???? Would Snow be better with Kurt?

If they are running Martz offense could Kupp produce from outside?

If they are running some other offense with Sony Michele at RB could Holt produce?

Crazy Legs not in the pair? He was dominant before anyone thought the passing game was real.

Man, I just don’t know how to choose.
blackbart, seconds ago.....

dQMg2BS.gif

Ram65

Legend
Some amazing stats!

Ram65

Legend
Since Hirsch was a different ear and I never got to see him play it's hard to choose him.

I'll go with Bruce and Holt who did it with different QBs. Since Ellard had an added dimension of punt returning and great route running with a 16.9 YPC he gets the nod over Kupp. Kupp could take the third spot when you consider his catch rate and third-down production with his blocking ability.

Harold Jackson and Flipper Anderson (20.1 YPC all-time average) were amazing deep threats too.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
id say Bruce is a cutt above...

after that its hard to say... kupp, holt, ellard they are all top notch
Imagine plugging Kupp into the 99' team in place of Proehl. And Ellard in place of Az, although Az was a tough cover.

So to expand it to four that would be my list. I am just going back those 30-35 yrs. Not going to get into the Fears & Hirsch era. Also Flipper would be #5.

BTW, I always liked Ron Jessie as well. As a kid I thought he was great, but obviously not near the career as these others, but as a 13 yr old I thought he was all that.